Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Utility Player in football?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone know of a utility player in football? a player that plays more than 5 positions combined on offense and defense in a given game. Just wondering if this common. For example: Player plays O-line moves to Full Back and on
defense plays DT, DE and Linebacker all depending on offense and defensive call strategy.
Swift for Ashland will line up in the backfield in Ashlands jumbo package. Also plays o-line an linebacker
Jeff canady plays fb, wr, lb, safety, and punts. Is as good as anyone in ever one of those positions.
laker20 Wrote:Jeff canady plays fb, wr, lb, safety, and punts. Is as good as anyone in ever one of those positions.

He also does Kick returns, I call him Randle Cobb Jr.
There are a few from grant co. Not necessarly 5 positions but 3-4. Examples: Bryce Briggs, corner, safety, wr. Sutherland: linebacker, safety, rb, wr. Dustin haar wr rb lb
Logan Hamblin for Williamsburg plays a wide reciever/tight end as his primary position. He is the back up quarterback and has lined up as running back. He plays linebacker on defense and has kicked off and punted on special teams.
Grant Anderson - Prestonsburg WR/RB/QB/DB
I believe Mr. Canady is also there wildcat Q.B,
Eric Hubbard for Leslie Co.

HB/Slot... Snaps PAT's and Punts..
MLB, OLB

Will wash your dog and paint your back porch...

And he can Pass!!!!
Chance Ansardi from rockcastle plays middle linebacker , rover, DE, nosegaurd, FB,TE
Excellent feedback,,, Actually, more players than I expected. Thanks,,,
Bryson Williams of Prestonsburg and jefferey canady of Knox central are the two best utility players in the state they do it all for their teams and they do it with double and triple coverage in receiving and when lined up in back field the box is loaded up with 7 to 8 players in it. In the return game they are about as dangerous as you can be and usually aren't kick to because of the threat they are. I have watched them both in film and they are two of the most complete players in Kentucky high school football but if i had to give the edge to one it would be canady because he is stronger and looks more mature than Williams
Bryson Williams - Prestonsburg
WR
DB
RB
KR
PR
Mountain Pride Wrote:Grant Anderson - Prestonsburg WR/RB/QB/DB

Lets not forget KR & PR.

Man of many positions.
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:Bryson Williams - Prestonsburg
WR
DB
RB
KR
PR

He can also play QB.
Michael Bush-Lou. Male
Chris Hawkins from Frankfort. Plays QB, TE, FB, DL

Made the list at 11th in QB's this week. Look at this video of the (NON QB) things he does

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/368235/highlights/18959378
Blake Bray for Leslie Co.

TB/Slot
OLB/SS
Punt/Punt Return/Kick off/Kick Off Return

5'9 160lbs and can HIT as hard as anyone ive ever seen... Great football player that will play at the next level
jw4914 Wrote:Anyone know of a utility player in football? a player that plays more than 5 positions combined on offense and defense in a given game. Just wondering if this common. For example: Player plays O-line moves to Full Back and on
defense plays DT, DE and Linebacker all depending on offense and defensive call strategy.

Hey, I know of one! Known him for a long time! Gonna watch him play tonight @ Bath County....
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:Lets not forget KR & PR.

Man of many positions.
Jarredd is as well lol as he played wideout last year and everyone knows he can carry the ball. If we had a defense then this time would be special!
Eric Young of Harlan Ind.. He play's K,P,KR,PR,CB,WR and sells popcorn at halftime.