Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: When is the next realignment?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Some interesting enrollment numbers. Looks like Lex Cath could drop to 3A with Bell Co. possibly moving back to 4A, along with FT Campbell. If Corbin continues to grow, they could also eke into 4A, maybe not the next time though.
This re-alignment is through 2014. I'm assuming sometime before then. Maybe the summer of 2013 or around the beginning of 2014?
Things will change every single time they realign.
Public schools cant control there numbers anymore with a growing population, and it wouldnt surprise me to see some major changes.
Its still a long ways off though. Three years atleast.
SEKYFAN Wrote:
Some interesting enrollment numbers. Looks like Lex Cath could drop to 3A with Bell Co. possibly moving back to 4A, along with FT Campbell. If Corbin continues to grow, they could also eke into 4A, maybe not the next time though.

This current alignment is for 2011-2014 season. What info did you recieved that makes you predict the about schools. Just wondering. Lex Cath losing students? Bell growing student body?
Bell is up but just slightly not enough to change classification at this point. Corbin is up a decent amount. LexCath numbers have dropped due to economic downturn.
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:Bell is up but just slightly not enough to change classification at this point. Corbin is up a decent amount. LexCath numbers have dropped due to economic downturn.

Aaahhhh I can see that with Lex Cath, specially coming from a financial standpoint. Well I guess will see in 2014. Thanks
I would thin Corbin has more kids now than Bell, or it has to be close.
Corbin has gained a lot of kids over the past couple of years.
I don't think that Bell County will change at all. I think that they will stay in 3A.
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:Bell is up but just slightly not enough to change classification at this point. Corbin is up a decent amount. LexCath numbers have dropped due to economic downturn.

Bell & LexCath have 807 in grades 9-12, while Corbin has 779. Bell has 414 boys, LC 399 and Corbin 375.
SEKYFAN Wrote:Bell & LexCath have 807 in grades 9-12, while Corbin has 779. Bell has 414 boys, LC 399 and Corbin 375.

In that case, if the numbers are close to being correct, then they should be all in 3A together, perhaps could land in the same district come 2014/ 2015. What do you all think?
I heard something on the radio the other day that kind of shed some light on Corbin's growing population and school enrollment. Corbin recently added another elementary school to the system so now it's basically 3 grades per school. One may have 4 and the Middle School may have 2 but that's beside the point. The thing I heard said that in one school with 3 grades, Corbin had 650 students. The enrollment is up at all schools. I could see Corbin within the next 5-7 years to have up to 900-950 students in the high school. That number may be high but 850 is very realistic.
Also, does the football alignment base the classification based on total enrollment or male enrollment? I've heard both.
HAROLD Wrote:Also, does the football alignment base the classification based on total enrollment or male enrollment? I've heard both.

If I'm not mistaken, It's the male enrollment. Just look at Louisville Trinity and Saint X. They are an all boys school of maybe ( 400-600? ) boys and they are in class 6A.
I hope Mayfield can get back into 2a just not enough respect for the 1a schools all though there some quality teams there just not enough of them for parity.
I heard the same thing Harold. I know Whitley is currently turning down tuition students and both schools are growing. Wouldnt surprise me to see Corbin in the same district as Whitley in ten years.
HAROLD Wrote:I heard something on the radio the other day that kind of shed some light on Corbin's growing population and school enrollment. Corbin recently added another elementary school to the system so now it's basically 3 grades per school. One may have 4 and the Middle School may have 2 but that's beside the point. The thing I heard said that in one school with 3 grades, Corbin had 650 students. The enrollment is up at all schools. I could see Corbin within the next 5-7 years to have up to 900-950 students in the high school. That number may be high but 850 is very realistic.

Corbin has 848 in the high school this year, according to the newspaper last week.
^
If thats the case, Corbin will no longer have to worry about Bell because the next realignment will put them in 4A and they can worry about Knox Central and Highlands.
Here is a link to the enrollment data used for the last alignment. http://khsaa.org/httpdocs/football/reali...isting.pdf

FBfan4life Wrote:If I'm not mistaken, It's the male enrollment. Just look at Louisville Trinity and Saint X. They are an all boys school of maybe ( 400-600? ) boys and they are in class 6A.
It is based on male enrollment. Trinity and St X each have in the neighborhood of 1400 boys enrolled, by far to two largest male enrollments in KY.

SEKYFAN Wrote:Corbin has 848 in the high school this year, according to the newspaper last week.
How many are boys?

RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
If thats the case, Corbin will no longer have to worry about Bell because the next realignment will put them in 4A and they can worry about Knox Central and Highlands.
In the last alignment, the 2 year average boys enrollment for Corbin was right about 375, which put them in the middle of the pack in 3A.

Highlands on the other hand was the smallest 4A school.

This means that if only a couple 3A schools surpass Highlands in boys enrollment, then the Birds would drop to 3A in the next alignment.