Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Should Middlesboro return to class A
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Let me just say that I heard from someone that Middlesboro attendance is back to the level that Middlesboro could return to class A. Under the circumstances I believe that would be a very good move for the Jackets. I am old school and go a ways back, so I do remember the days when the Jackets would smoke Bell County year in and year out, be in the districts with Somerset, Rockcastle Co etc, when the likes of Henry Clay, Madison Central and other big schools would come to Bradner and head home with a whoopin. BUT for us long time Middlesboro fans unfortunatly times have changed. Will the Jackets stay down forever I dont know. I have gone ahead and conceded that Bell is the king of the County and will likely remain there, forever we will see. The Boro just cant compete with them anymore and hasnt really since 1998. And thats ok Bell is football and football only and a bigger school so they should be better. Half of Bells players live in Middlesboro anyway so Im a realist and know where Middlesboro stands so I wont pretend to act like I dont.

But back to topic seeing that Middlesboro has really dropped off in the last 5-10 yrs from a championship contender 2A just may be over their heads. Playing Pineville, Harlan, Williamsburg, Lynn Camp, maybe Hazard, schools of the same size to me makes more sense than playing Danville, LCA, Somerset.

For one district games 2 and 3 hrs away make no sense, Pineville could be big, Williamsburg. I dont know I just think it would be more interesting and make sense considering fuel prices etc etc.
Has anyone else heard that this could become a near future possibility?
tazcat Wrote:Let me just say that I heard from someone that Middlesboro attendance is back to the level that Middlesboro could return to class A. Under the circumstances I believe that would be a very good move for the Jackets. I am old school and go a ways back, so I do remember the days when the Jackets would smoke Bell County year in and year out, be in the districts with Somerset, Rockcastle Co etc, when the likes of Henry Clay, Madison Central and other big schools would come to Bradner and head home with a whoopin. BUT for us long time Middlesboro fans unfortunatly times have changed. Will the Jackets stay down forever I dont know. I have gone ahead and conceded that Bell is the king of the County and will likely remain there, forever we will see. The Boro just cant compete with them anymore and hasnt really since 1998. And thats ok Bell is football and football only and a bigger school so they should be better. Half of Bells players live in Middlesboro anyway so Im a realist and know where Middlesboro stands so I wont pretend to act like I dont.

But back to topic seeing that Middlesboro has really dropped off in the last 5-10 yrs from a championship contender 2A just may be over their heads. Playing Pineville, Harlan, Williamsburg, Lynn Camp, maybe Hazard, schools of the same size to me makes more sense than playing Danville, LCA, Somerset.

For one district games 2 and 3 hrs away make no sense, Pineville could be big, Williamsburg. I dont know I just think it would be more interesting and make sense considering fuel prices etc etc.
Has anyone else heard that this could become a near future possibility?

Their enrollment numbers put them right at the cut off of class a. How many teams are currently in 1A?
There are only 32 teams in 1A. Using the numbers from the KHSAA site that the classes were based on there are 14 schools in 2A with less kids than Middlesboro. LCA and Somerset had within one student of the same number as Middlesboro. Danville had approximately 45 more students than Middlesboro. I have heard that Williamsburg and Middlesboro are looking at scheduling each other for the next two years. Middlesboro will return to their winning ways. They have a long and proud tradition of fielding excellent teams. Small schools have periods were they do not have the athletes to compete but this goes in cycles. It will soon be their turn to be up.
Middlesboro has ZERO chance of dropping back down to 1A unless they do away with six classes, which isnt going to happen.

There are to many schools in 2A that actually have less kids then Mboro.

As E's Army stated, Mboro has just as many kids as LCA and Somerset so it sounds like they just need to get better.
Yes I also remember the days when M'boro would smoke Bell year in and year out. We would take our beatings each year from Middlesboro and would never think twice about ending that series.......We took some beatings for sure. When the shoe was put on the other foot however..........Well, you get the picture.
Now on to the topic at hand, Middlesboro should stay where they are at, why drop a class, just get better where your at.