Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: What influenced you to join BGR?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What encouraged you to become a part of BGR? I know a mod should probably be asking this question but I was curious lol. We had one of these threads years ago on here I believe when this site first started.

Me, you ask?

The milk is free.
PUPAW told me about BGR .
I was tired of reading threads about Whitley that had no Whitley fans in it lol...
Pretty much the same reason as RIUTG, 'cept with Pike Central.
Same as the previous 2, but for Perry Central. We only had Aslan and King360 at the time, my how that changed (mostly for the worse).
The urge to raise massive amounts of hell
I heard a ton of HC fans talking about it.
Most of those are no longer here, though.
banned from somewhere else to many times
Seen a buddy posting in the high school thread. Made an account an didn't post on it for about 7 months. Then got bored one night and just went from there .
nky Wrote:banned from somewhere else to many times

Ditto - but they tried to ban me many times here as well!

Wildcatk23 is still trying to Ban me!!!
No matter how much I beg qq he refuses . Doesn't want to lose all those post.
^ I had quit posting from my first runaround, but by then Stardust had started posting. I still read the site often. I can agree, I could have seen a lot of people wanting him to get banned at first LOL!

As for me, other than "the milk is free," it was probably the night where we got back from a football game and my roommate (with the help of about 5 college guys lol) made an insanely obnoxious post in the football forum trying to get banned. He didn't get banned lol. I watched him post that night, and especially after seeing him not get banned I thought, what the heck? Might as well come back!
^ QQ would have saved money from additional bandwidth had he did it Confusednicker:
:thatsfunn
WideRight05 Wrote:^ I had quit posting from my first runaround, but by then Stardust had started posting. I still read the site often. I can agree, I could have seen a lot of people wanting him to get banned at first LOL!

As for me, other than "the milk is free," it was probably the night where we got back from a football game and my roommate (with the help of about 5 college guys lol) made an insanely obnoxious post in the football forum trying to get banned. He didn't get banned lol. I watched him post that night, and especially after seeing him not get banned I thought, what the heck? Might as well come back!

Must have been before I became the mall copConfusednicker:
I know a lot of the people in here say there here because it's free .

Myself I think the website is just 100% better and we would be just as successful if both sites were free.
Stardust Wrote:Must have been before I became the mall copConfusednicker:

You were either the mall cop then or very close to it. Confusednicker: This was a BAD post, like 10 times worse than anything I could ever post...of course, it took four or five minds to put it together and he STILL didn't get banned lol.

I also agree with your comment, Wildcat. While we don't agree on much that was insanely well put. You get banned from the other site because the mods are assholes and ban people for disagreeing with them.
WideRight05 Wrote:You were either the mall cop then or very close to it. Confusednicker: This was a BAD post, like 10 times worse than anything I could ever post...of course, it took four or five minds to put it together and he STILL didn't get banned lol.

I also agree with your comment, Wildcat. While we don't agree on much that was insanely well put. You get banned from the other site because the mods are assholes and ban people for disagreeing with them.

If that was the case I would have to ban basically everyone on the site . Except dusty. He holds Zeus lightning bolts.
^ I have a vested interest, but I'll say we secure #1 when we can truly say we generate statewide traffic! We are heavily concentrated in one region, with a decent amount of interest from CKY, Louisville and NKY! We have to get into the SCKY and the WKY regions to truly be the one and only site for High School sports!
We've got a pretty solid backing in EKY as well. A TON of Belfry/Bell people, a few JC people and a couple of Ashland/Russell/Raceland people. We're at least building there.
Everyone could buy my clothing . Smile I think that would help Smile
I think that's where he meant we was concentrated . Lawrence and Martin county has some users .
Now that you mention it I think that's what he said. I'm losing my freaking mind lol.
Im still waiting for mods to get paid :HitWall:
RockSolid69 told me about this site. I signed up under a different username, (the same one I had at the 'other' site) but decided I wanted to leave that behind me. I retired that username, created this one, and the rest is history.
BGR babe
:thatsfunn
I was on the "other site" under a different name, I got banned for taking up for an official. I told the 'qq' of the site where he could put his money the money for the membership that is..I did not post on any other forum and had no idea that this forum even existed until Willie Turnover and I was a basketball game and he told me about it and while we watched the game I created this account. I am glad that he told me about this site. I have enjoyed the discussions with everyone. I worked with LeeCoUKFan for about 2-3 months before I ever realized that we used to sit side by side.