Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Congress' Approval Poised to Be Lowest in an Election Year
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who has the majority in Congress? Looks like republicans are in for a big awakening in the upcoming elections.

Quote:PRINCETON, NJ -- Thirteen percent of Americans approve of the job Congress is doing, the lowest Gallup has measured this late in an election year. The prior lows were 18% in 1992, 2008, and 2010.
[Image: uji5lpaafukxfxdhieyq3w.gif]
:biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::gtfo::gtfo::gtfo::gtfo::gtfo::gtfo::gtfo::gtfo::gtfo:
TheRealVille Wrote:Who has the majority in Congress? Looks like republicans are in for a big awakening in the upcoming elections.

[Image: uji5lpaafukxfxdhieyq3w.gif]

TheRealville deals in half truths in order to defend his ilk. Congress means the U.S. Senate and the U.S. House of Representatives- not just the latter as TheRealVille would have you believe. The U.S. Senate is controlled by his party. Any "awakening" will, and should, apply to both.

Unfortunately, though not politically correct, I believe the majority of voters in this country lack the knowledge and/or mentality to cast an intelligent vote. Therefore, nearly all incumbents will be reelected.
1992- Democrats controlled both houses
2008- democrats controlled both houses
2010- Democrats controlled bot houses
2012- Democrats control the Senate and Republicans control the house

anyone notice anything?
dang TheRealVille, even i think that was a dumb thread lol
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:TheRealville deals in half truths in order to defend his ilk. Congress means the U.S. Senate and the U.S. House of Representatives- not just the latter as TheRealVille would have you believe. The U.S. Senate is controlled by his party. Any "awakening" will, and should, apply to both.

Unfortunately, though not politically correct, I believe the majority of voters in this country lack the knowledge and/or mentality to cast an intelligent vote. Therefore, nearly all incumbents will be reelected.

His post and statistical reference demonstrate my observations about the dems, none the less. They live in such an advanced state of denial and delusion, it actually seems plausible to them, to believe themselves to be blameless and that America in general, agrees with them on the matter. I loved these two quotes otherguy posted---

It is not necessary to understand things in order to argue about them.Pierre Beaumarchais
French businessman & comic dramatist (1732 - 1799) *

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.William G. McAdoo
US industrialist, lawyer, & politician (1863 - 1941) *

Dems present their flawed logic as if it had been chiseled in granite tablets at the foot of a holy mountain. Just because they are passionate, doesn't mean they're right. As I keep saying, experience is the basis for understanding the truth. If one has lived it, one knows it. Liberals can try to redefine everything around them under the light of their invented reality till their heart's content. They're still wrong! The reason we are as a nation not dealing well on our foreign policy endeavors is because we have made the unfortunate error of not consulting with folks who are experts on war in all phases. Who fits that profile? Military leaders and folks who lived through the dark days of WWII, Korea and Viet Nam. The last people we need making foreign policy judgements are modern liberals. They're naive, reality dodging ideologues, with zero experience.

Nancy Pelosi is the perfect example. Soon after her ascention to Speaker of the House. She actually got on a jet and went to speak to Yassir Arafat to broker a middle eastern peace initiative between Israel and the PLO. (Things were much simpler back then, those two were the primary players) Of course Arafat smiled and told her basically what she wanted to hear. Upon her return to the US, she announced in grandiosely triumphant terms that she had secured a peace accord in the middle east. LOL. Well, she out lived the embarrassment of the whole thing but, the point is it demonstrated how little she understood the dynamics of world affairs. And believe me, she is typical in that regard to the liberals and democrats in general. BTW, to show you how far America has actually slipped, can you imagine Yassir Arafat gining up the courage to attack the United States? Romney would win by 20 a percent margin if folks were thinking straight.

Novice and uninformed beaurocrats trying to be big boys, and loving the limelight. So what if they're blowing every opportunity they've had to help our country. The important thing for them is the power and prestige. To borrow one of Obama's favorite analogies, giving the keys for the bus over to Mitt Romney will be like Alfred E Newman giving the keys to a Teamster. Some things were just meant to be.

CLICK ME
[attachment=o2613]
TheRealThing Wrote:His post and statistical reference demonstrate my observations about the dems, none the less. They live in such an advanced state of denial and delusion, it actually seems plausible to them, to believe themselves to be blameless and that America in general, agrees with them on the matter. I loved these two quotes otherguy posted---

It is not necessary to understand things in order to argue about them.Pierre Beaumarchais
French businessman & comic dramatist (1732 - 1799) *

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.William G. McAdoo
US industrialist, lawyer, & politician (1863 - 1941) *

Dems present their flawed logic as if it had been chiseled in granite tablets at the foot of a holy mountain. Just because they are passionate, doesn't mean they're right. As I keep saying, experience is the basis for understanding the truth. If one has lived it, one knows it. Liberals can try to redefine everything around them under the light of their invented reality till their heart's content. They're still wrong! The reason we are as a nation not dealing well on our foreign policy endeavors is because we have made the unfortunate error of not consulting with folks who are experts on war in all phases. Who fits that profile? Military leaders and folks who lived through the dark days of WWII, Korea and Viet Nam. The last people we need making foreign policy judgements are modern liberals. They're naive, reality dodging ideologues, with zero experience.

Nancy Pelosi is the perfect example. Soon after her ascention to Speaker of the House. She actually got on a jet and went to speak to Yassir Arafat to broker a middle eastern peace initiative between Israel and the PLO. (Things were much simpler back then, those two were the primary players) Of course Arafat smiled and told her basically what she wanted to hear. Upon her return to the US, she announced in grandiosely triumphant terms that she had secured a peace accord in the middle east. LOL. Well, she out lived the embarrassment of the whole thing but, the point is it demonstrated how little she understood the dynamics of world affairs. And believe me, she is typical in that regard to the liberals and democrats in general. BTW, to show you how far America has actually slipped, can you imagine Yassir Arafat gining up the courage to attack the United States? Romney would win by 20 a percent margin if folks were thinking straight.

Novice and uninformed beaurocrats trying to be big boys, and loving the limelight. So what if they're blowing every opportunity they've had to help our country. The important thing for them is the power and prestige. To borrow one of Obama's favorite analogies, giving the keys for the bus over to Mitt Romney will be like Alfred E Newman giving the keys to a Teamster. Some things were just meant to be.

CLICK ME
[attachment=o2613]
:thatsfunn Republicans do such a good job at running the country. I like quotes also, especially this one,

“In Tampa, the Republican argument against the president’s reelection was actually pretty simple — pretty snappy. It went something like this: We left him a total mess. He hasn’t cleaned it up fast enough. So fire him and put us back in. Bill Clinton

You think the republicans did a great job before Obama?
[YOUTUBE="Oh those crazy Democrats"]hV-05TLiiLU[/YOUTUBE]
TheRealVille Wrote::thatsfunn Republicans do such a good job at running the country. I like quotes also, especially this one,

“In Tampa, the Republican argument against the president’s reelection was actually pretty simple — pretty snappy. It went something like this: We left him a total mess. He hasn’t cleaned it up fast enough. So fire him and put us back in.” Bill Clinton

You think the republicans did a great job before Obama?

You really need to quote something from a different source. The Obama campaign web site and DNC talking points leaves a little too much on the table to be taken seriously. And, if it's all the same to you, I'll still take my quotes from a source a tad bit more credible than the man who left semen stains all over the oval office. :flush:
Hahahaha!!
Vote For Hal, he is our Pal! He has been in office longer than I have been alive! Glad to see the public servant in him and Mcconnell!