Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 6 Class System
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Im looking for a website or something with info on how the 6 class systm is divided. how many students make up each class or how ever it goes. Just curious
What does everyone think about the 6 class system
any info on how many students decide what class a school is in
I think it blows!!!!!!!!!! 3 or 4 classes would be so much better.
These were last year's enrollment reports that KHSAA has (They are by size)

http://khsaa.org/httpdocs/reports/enroll...enroll.pdf
thanks strikout king, just wondering, do they still go by total # of students to decide the class
WideRight05 Wrote:I think it blows!!!!!!!!!! 3 or 4 classes would be so much better.
for once you and I agree on something. LOL
skully03 Wrote:thanks strikout king, just wondering, do they still go by total # of students to decide the class

Yeah
skully03 Wrote:for once you and I agree on something. LOL

LOL

We agree on more than you may think.
six class system sucks
skully03 Wrote:thanks strikout king, just wondering, do they still go by total # of students to decide the class

The alignment is based on total # of male students in the class, not total students. Last alignment they used an average of 2 years male enrollment.
I would go with 5 classes but would not try to have same number of schools in each class. Instead I would try to make schools more on a parity with each other. I would try to keep schools from playing other schools which are double their enrollment. Class 5A would be from 750 boys enrollment up. There are 24 schools which fit this description now. 1A would be schools less than 175 male students. Also approximately 24 schools. 2A would be from 175 to 350 students. 3A would have 350 to 500 students. 4A would have 500 to 750 students. Based on the last enrollment figures those classes would have from 56 to 60 teams. Though there is disparity in the number of schools in the classes there is less disparity in numbers of students in each class 1A and 2A woulds have the greatest disparity in class size but with some very small schools in Class 1A it is impossible to make a class where some schools do not double the smallest. 32 teams would make the playoffs in the middle 3 classes with 24 schools making the playoffs in 1A and 5A. The number of students is more important than the number of schools in each class. With consolidation there may be some 5A schools added. I would hope that some the other small schools would add football. I think that may be more likely if they felt they would be playing schools more similar to them in size. These numbers could be tweaked but it is more fair to have schools of equal size in a class than have classes of equal size.
6 classes is a joke plain and simple. Anyone in their right mind that thought it was a good idea is an idiot. Football playoffs have become nothing more than a little kid rec soccer tournament. Maybe the teams could have a snack parent every Friday night too.
5 Class would be the real deal.
E's Army Wrote:I would go with 5 classes but would not try to have same number of schools in each class. Instead I would try to make schools more on a parity with each other. I would try to keep schools from playing other schools which are double their enrollment. Class 5A would be from 750 boys enrollment up. There are 24 schools which fit this description now. 1A would be schools less than 175 male students. Also approximately 24 schools. 2A would be from 175 to 350 students. 3A would have 350 to 500 students. 4A would have 500 to 750 students. Based on the last enrollment figures those classes would have from 56 to 60 teams. Though there is disparity in the number of schools in the classes there is less disparity in numbers of students in each class 1A and 2A woulds have the greatest disparity in class size but with some very small schools in Class 1A it is impossible to make a class where some schools do not double the smallest. 32 teams would make the playoffs in the middle 3 classes with 24 schools making the playoffs in 1A and 5A. The number of students is more important than the number of schools in each class. With consolidation there may be some 5A schools added. I would hope that some the other small schools would add football. I think that may be more likely if they felt they would be playing schools more similar to them in size. These numbers could be tweaked but it is more fair to have schools of equal size in a class than have classes of equal size.
Central would be 2A if this happened. Central is majority girls. All the boys play football . The few they have.
i love it. gives more teams opportunities to win and now just about everyone has a chance to make the playoffs.
6 class was created to let other teams with a losing record to experience the playoff. How can you justify a team with 1, 2, 3 wins making the playoffs? Heck I remember about 4-5 season ago, West Jessamine was WINLESS ( o-ffer ) team, made a trip to Lex Cath for a playoff and we all know the outcome. It's not right and it's wrong to have 6 classes. Keep it 4 and only let the district winner and runner up make the playoff, perhaps a wild card team in there too.
Football is still the ONLY sport in the state that every team doesn't make playoffs/tournament. If you don't want to be that 0-10 4th seed going to go play a 10-0 1 seed then get better.
these 0-10 teams should not be punished just because they're 0-10. everybody deserves an equal opportunity
WideMiddle03 Wrote:these 0-10 teams should not be punished just because they're 0-10. everybody deserves an equal opportunity

Isn't letting them make playoffs even though they are 0-10 giving them an equal opportunity?
yes that's why we need to keep it this way. i think we need to do something like a bye round to let more than 4 teams from a district in. that way, everyone wins and gets to participate.
WideMiddle03 Wrote:yes that's why we need to keep it this way. i think we need to do something like a bye round to let more than 4 teams from a district in. that way, everyone wins and gets to participate.

this guy can't seem to see that you're posting with your tongue
in cheek.
Maybe we should expand to 10 classes so everyone makes the playoffs and after the games we could have orange slices and juice boxes
nky Wrote:Maybe we should expand to 10 classes so everyone makes the playoffs and after the games we could have orange slices and juice boxes

Silly you, orange slices are for halftime and fruit snack, granola bars and juice boxes are for after the game. Come on man!
Wideleft01 Wrote:6 classes is a joke plain and simple. Anyone in their right mind that thought it was a good idea is an idiot. Football playoffs have become nothing more than a little kid rec soccer tournament. Maybe the teams could have a snack parent every Friday night too.

Can you be in your right mind and be an idiot????:popcorn::1:So what there are 6 champions. How is that so much worse than 5 or 4. It can only be 16.6666667% or 33.333333 % worse.Confusednicker:
I like it better with 4 classes an 6 or 7 district games. Then if you were the 4 seed you still had to beat somebody. Also if a 4 seed came out of a tough district you could see a 4 seed win a game. Seems like we had less of the 70-0 first round games when every team earned there way in and wanted to be there.
I like 6 classes. I think it gives more schools a chance to accomplish something which in turn creates more interest and participation.
I wouldnt mind just giving 2 top playoff spots.
footballfever Wrote:I like 6 classes. I think it gives more schools a chance to accomplish something which in turn creates more interest and participation.
I wouldnt mind just giving 2 top playoff spots.

I disagree. Creates more participation and more interest??? How is that if your team is 0-10? You think a player/ kid would want to play a team that went undefeated or seeded higher? Lets just say that you go up against a team like Trinity, Highlans or other powerhouse team and get thump by 60 plus points. You think that will create interest to a player or a program, better yet how about injuries?
FBfan4life Wrote:I disagree. Creates more participation and more interest??? How is that if your team is 0-10? You think a player/ kid would want to play a team that went undefeated or seeded higher? Lets just say that you go up against a team like Trinity, Highlans or other powerhouse team and get thump by 60 plus points. You think that will create interest to a player or a program, better yet how about injuries?

I'll defer to David Buchanan, the head coach at Mason County. After the Royals got "thumped" by the Birds, his son (who plays for the Royals) sure seemed interested in playing Highlands in spite of the thumping. I quote from a post David made on BGP: "but my son who plays for us talked to me after the game about what a great experience it was to play in that stadium, playing Highlands, the environment before and during the game, the challenge, the speed/pace of the game, etc."

I believe that any kid worth his salt wants to play the best, to measure himself against the best, and to be challenged by the best regardless of the outcome of the game. I know that I would.
Pages: 1 2