Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: BGR Regional Power Rankings- Southern KY
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
BGR continues to try and be the fore-runner for High School Football Discussion throughout the State of Kentucky. With this in mind, we are unveiling a new feature updated weekly to better serve all areas of the State from Pikeville to Paducah and elicit more discussion in the process.

These are the inaugural Bluegrass Rivals Regional Power Rankings!

We will rank the Top 5 in each region of the stat, based on a "pound for pound" basis. We will take into account Strength of Schedule, margin of victory/defeat, magnitude of games, and come to a conclusion.

Rankings are meant for discussion, and your feedback is what we want to hear whether you agree or not. Make your case for your team!

SKY
1. Russell County- Lakers are undefeated making short work of notable teams Whitley County, North/South Laurel, and Pulaski County

2. Somerset- Jumpers suffered their first loss to a good 3A Breathitt County team, they still have an impressive resume playing up to beat Southwestern and E. Jessamine, as well as beating one of the better 1A teams in Hazard.

3. Monroe County- Falcons are 4-1 with a bullet after knocking off previously undefeated Glasgow. They have played up to defeat a pair of mediocre teams in Franklin-Simpson and Barren County, while their lone loss was up against an undefeated 4A Warren East.

4. Wayne County- Cardinals are undefeated against a fairly easy schedule. Best wins are against 5A North Laurel and Lincoln County.

5. Whitley County- Colonels sit at 2-2, but their losses have been quality to #1 Russell County and a very close loss to 3A Bell County. Their wins don't jump out against mediocre Rockcastle County and Clay County, but they did not play down against those teams.
Despite their strength of schedule, Wayne County has really surprised me this season.
Some other questions:

-Where does Williamsburg fall? Hard to gauge with their small school Tennessee schedule. Are they pound for pound stronger than their intra-county rival?

- Where would Corbin fall in your opinion? Their win/loss record is nothing to brag about, but they have 2 wins playing up and their losses have been close and to very stout teams.

- Will Glasgow rebound and become a factor?
Wayne went over and put a physical whippin on Monroe in a scrimage game... Take that how you will but they are a nice team and still jr. domanated.. i can think of two sr. on defense and maybe three on Offense...
Wayne Co. did win the scrimage game and is a very good team. Monroe Co. players did not play the scrimage as a game, which it wasn't and the play calling was very conservative at best. The coaches were very disappointed with the intensity of the players and let the players know this after the scrimage. Monroe has 20 seniors on this years squad and great things are expected of this very talented group of seniors. Its mid-season now and I am sure all teams are improving each week as long as they are no serious injuries.
Coach's are conservative in scrimages and should be, but players are not IMO... its a game to a player.... And I know there is a little bit of rivalry there between these two... be that as it may i was just saying... we will all find a few more things out about Wayne after this weeks Bell County game.. To this point they have beat three 5A schools... North Laurel had a chance to beat Russell County this week and Madison Southern has one of the fastest running backs this state has ever seen that kid is going to be unreal...
A lot of questions about Wayne and Corbin will be answered when they meet coming up this week or next.
Should be interesting.
Whitley has a game with Somerset coming up so that may change the look on things, and to be honest i know very little of Monroe County.
Good job on the regional rankings. Very cool feature. I would probably put Frazier Whitley at number 3 after their game with Bell. They get Somerset next week so that will work itself out. Also Somerset plays Glasgow this week so you can compare their score with Monroe County's score vs the Scotties if you like to do that. Again, I like the regional rankings. I think stuff like this will help the site grow.