Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lynn Camp @ Whitley County 9/21
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Thoughts?
Suppose to be the last year of this series (thank god) after playing for almost 50 years.
When these two started back in the 60's it was a pretty even series, but since 1990 Lynn Camp has only won 2 games in the series. Things were also a lot more even numbers wise and talent wise, but Im glad to see this as the last year and its just time to move on, howeve nothing would surprise me if something happened and the two kept playing, although from all accounts ive heard, this is it.

Whitley looks to improve to 3-2 and they'll get the job done. Should be a lot of JV action for the Colonels friday.

Whitley 63
Lynn Camp 12
Whitley by as much as they want. I know you don't have much Whitley fans on Gut, so I will help if I can. I don't think you have much Lynn Camp fans either, best I can tell.:Thumbs:
^
lol, they come as we win, and leave as we lose.....im here to stay.
This will be similiar to HC's last week's game. Lots of JV and Frosh playing by halftime.

WC will win by as much as they want, as badly as I hate to say that.

I don't like these kinds of games very much, but gotta do what you gotta do.
Whitley by a bunch. Lynn Camp is on the uptick but the days of 1A competing with 5A on a consistent basis are over.
Whitley County by about tree fiddy.
Save your money on admission on this one, J.V. will be in after a quarter. Coach Russell was Coach Blacks DC at one point so I don't see Coach Black trying to run it up on the Campers.:ChairHit:
Black fired him. real fast He will get what his mouth deserves.
Actually Coach Black did not fire him. They were set to go to camp at Wofford and he just did not show up......ever again!!! The next thing the school heard long gone up in central KY. Yeah I think it is safe to say though that Jim Black is a class act who would not humliate kids just to get at the coach.

Whitley will win but Coach Black will play everyone including the trainers and bus drivers.

Whiltey 55
Lynn Camp 6
^
Would still be nice to break a record in the last meeting Confusednicker:....
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Suppose to be the last year of this series (thank god) after playing for almost 50 years.
When these two started back in the 60's it was a pretty even series, but since 1990 Lynn Camp has only won 2 games in the series. Things were also a lot more even numbers wise and talent wise, but Im glad to see this as the last year and its just time to move on, howeve nothing would surprise me if something happened and the two kept playing, although from all accounts ive heard, this is it.

It is sad to see some of the old rivalry games go away. Lynn Camp won the game in 2007, but since then it has been really lopsided games. Of course Whitley should win, and it will be up to Coach Black what the score is.
It has been ugly the last couple of years and this will be more of the same. This will be a chance for Boston to heel up.
Make Boston rest! Whitley by as many as they want to score.
I agree it is a little sad to see a game like this go, but the times and enrollments have caught up to both schools. IMO, Whitley will never be a true state title contender playing a team like Lynn Camp, even if our schedule is one of the toughest in the state. IMO, this is also a great door to open towards getting a series with Corbin going.
Ive heard our radio guys mention for several years that this is the second longest running game in the state, i wonder if theres a list on that anywhere?
Whitley County 48

Lynn Camp 0
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I agree it is a little sad to see a game like this go, but the times and enrollments have caught up to both schools. IMO, Whitley will never be a true state title contender playing a team like Lynn Camp, even if our schedule is one of the toughest in the state. IMO, this is also a great door to open towards getting a series with Corbin going.
Ive heard our radio guys mention for several years that this is the second longest running game in the state, i wonder if theres a list on that anywhere?

If 1 easy game on your schedule keeps you from been a state title contender then there are no state title contenders in the state.
Corbin is NOT going to play. Whitley wanted to go to Corbin play Corbin. go to Corbin play someone else then go to Corbin play Corbin again if Corbin would come down to whitley the 4th year and CORBIN said NO.
Whitley by 25
Colonels 46
Lynn Camp 6
footballfever Wrote:If 1 easy game on your schedule keeps you from been a state title contender then there are no state title contenders in the state.
Corbin is NOT going to play. Whitley wanted to go to Corbin play Corbin. go to Corbin play someone else then go to Corbin play Corbin again if Corbin would come down to whitley the 4th year and CORBIN said NO.

WOW!!! If this is true, all I can say is WOW!!!
2 really good teams, well coached and in the same county should play!!
^
He's not lying, its the truth.
We've tried several different ways of scheduling Corbin and they just wont do it.

And Fever, we have no business playing Lynn Camp. I dont care if were 10-0 or 9-1, cupcakes are fine, but lets go play a 5A cupcake. I couldnt be more happy to see this one go. I knew Russell wouldn't want Whitley...
Lynn Camp has a good football tradition, going back to the 40's at least. I agree that this series should stop, and although sad in its ending, it is the right thing to do. Last year at Lynn Camp, Whiltey could have scored 100, and the Campers has several players get hurt just from the physical play of the Colonels. They (at this point) do not have the athletes or numbers to compete at this level. It may turn around in the future but it would be at least 3 or 4 years before Phillip Russell could turn it around enough to even compete.

I don't think Bryant will play this week and if he does it will only be on defense and Whitley will name their score, and because of the history it could be a really BIG score that they name.
Whitley will never be a state title contender no matter who they schedule.
Whitley is only a couple of years removed from a trip to the semifinals.
^
I hope your right.
Even though were going to be losing some good players after this year, within 3 years I honestly believe we should be the favorites in this region.
UKSDG Wrote:Whitley will never be a state title contender no matter who they schedule.

Confusednicker:

Were in the eastern part of 5A, getting to a state title game this year wouldnt be impossible, its beating a team out of the west that we have to catch up on.
UKSDG Wrote:Whitley will never be a state title contender no matter who they schedule.

Why would they want to play Lynn Camp?
HAT51 Wrote:Why would they want to play Lynn Camp?

EVERY team has easy game/games on schedule. Whitley has played LCamp for 40ish years and Whitley plays a difficult schedule. Coach Black basically said he would keep playing as long as Coach Mitchell wanted to play.
This game was scheduled when Coach Mitchell was still at the reigns. Coach Black respect for him is the reason this series has lasted this long. Lynn Camp always has big crowds for Whitley.
Maybe this game will get replaced with a local team.....Confusedhh:
Pages: 1 2