Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: WWE Night of Champions PPV Results
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
WWE Championship

CM Punk © vs. John Cena ended in a double-pinfall; draw

World Heavyweight Championship Match
Sheamus © def. Alberto Del Rio

Divas Championship Match
Eve def. Layla ©

Randy Orton def. Dolph Ziggler

United States Championship Match
Antonio Cesaro © def. Zack Ryder

WWE Tag Team Championship Match
Kane & Daniel Bryan def. R-Truth & Kofi Kingston ©

Intercontinental Championship Match (Fatal 4-Way)
The Miz © def. Rey Mysterio, Sin Cara and Cody Rhodes

Pre-Show Battle Royal
Zack Ryder won a 16-Man Battle Royal to win a U.S. Title Match against Antonio Cesaro

Right before the World Heavyweight Championship match, Smackdown GM Booker T comes out and says the Brogue Kick ban has been lifed.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/nightofchampion...o-26047876
blah....again!
Jeez. Glad I didn't spend money on that one.
I echo the Blah!
Well if you paid for it...It was worth it...I think it was a PRETTY good PPV.

Loved CM Punk with the pin stripes in Boston and mocking the Rock by doing the Rock Bottom.

Ryder and Cesaro had an excellent match as well.

JBL's Commentary was great.

Crowd was into the Main event.

Lot of Ziggler fans as well, Orton flipped off the crowd.
Cena and Punk always produce good stuff when working together.
Overrated Wrote:Well if you paid for it...It was worth it...I think it was a PRETTY good PPV.

Loved CM Punk with the pin stripes in Boston and mocking the Rock by doing the Rock Bottom.

Ryder and Cesaro had an excellent match as well.

JBL's Commentary was great.

Crowd was into the Main event.

Lot of Ziggler fans as well, Orton flipped off the crowd.

Thanks for the commentary. I usually have access to see the replays for free, but rarely take advantage. You have me interested just to hear JBL. I have expected JR to get called back, but JBL would be a good 2nd choice.
I do like the slow build of Antonio Cesaro. Having him get solid wins over fan favorites like Santino and Zack Ryder are a good way to build him up to facing the main event talent. I'm not big on predictions, especially in "sports entertainment" but I can see big money in a Punk - Cesaro match-up down the road if WWE keeps bringing Cesaro along the way they have been. Cesaro may be the most well rounded talent in the company.
The main event was good cm punk n Paul heyman are really getting some heat I didn't care for the whole show but main event was great be great build up for hell in a cell now
Wow @ all the hate in here....

This PPV was AWESOME, literally.

Punk/Cena was a great match and the ending was brilliant! Gives Punk more heat as a heel and also sets up the rematch for Hell in a Cell.

This was a A grade for me.
hold up. JBL was their? WTH? Where was I at?
JBL Talks Returning to WWE Commentary
Date Added: September 17, 2012
Story By: Steve Carrier
John “Bradshaw” Layfield posted the following on his Facebook page.

Had a blast filling in for Jerry Lawler last night at Night of Champions, really rusty-but was wonderful to be back.

I’m off to Africa Friday to climb the highest peak, Kilimanjaro, to raise money for the kids program I started in Bermuda-working with great folks there to make a difference.

I was asked Thursday (or Wed night, not sure) this week to do the PPV last night for Jerry. Was honored to do so. Jerry and I share a birthday with our mutual friend Dutch Mantell, always had a running joke about that with Dutch-never thought I would fill in for Jerry.

I am trying to be the 349th person (at least by last records that I have seen) to climb all Seven Summits-the highest mountain on all seven continents. Thanks to WWE 100% of money raised goes to the kids.

My goal is to plant a WWE flag on all the summits with Mt Everest being last in 2014. Don’t know if I will make it, but I plan on trying-just as I tell my kids I work with that they must do. I’m trying to lead by example.

I weigh 245 pounds, lowest since I was 20 years old, been training hard and in best shape (at least cardio wise) I have ever been.

Long story short, I didn’t plan on filling in for Jerry and I am sure he didn’t plan on having a heart attack. I wish him well as he is a good friend. And, that’s his spot-not mine. I was asked to fill in and I did.

Long term, I don’t know what is the future other than my climbs and my kids program in Bermuda. http://www.SevenSummitsforKids.com is the place you can see what I am talking about-though it is not as updated as I would like.

I love the WWE, I will always consider it home and if they need me to fill in or come back to do something, I have always been open to that. We both have never discussed it as they never had a need and since they didn’t have a need, I never reached out.

I thought there were some fantastic performances last night, really enjoyed being there watching this crew put on a great PPV. I was VERY rusty, especially at times-but had a blast.

Get well soon Jerry!
He was awesome on commentary as well.
I like the tag team of Kane and Daniel Bryan. They work together like a well oiled machine. I'm glad they have the belts.
I love JBL on commentary. He is hilarious