Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Russell County @ Letcher County Central 9/21
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Lakers make the long drive through the mountains to face LCC. Thoughts and predictions?
Russell County 46
Letcher County 14
Closer than you think Russell,Co 34 Letcher,Cent 28. Letcher has played a tough schedule and they may upset the Lakers,.
ballboy Wrote:Closer than you think Russell,Co 34 Letcher,Cent 28. Letcher has played a tough schedule and they may upset the Lakers,.

Let's hope you are right about a close game ballboy, that's the reason Russell County scheduled all these 5a schools hoping to get some good games. I'm all for a game like your prediction only not the upset. Russell needs close games prior to district play!
I don't see LCC holding Russell Co to 34 points.........not gonna happen, and the most they've put on the board all year is 28. So I'm thinking at least 2-TDs.
laker20 Wrote:I don't see LCC holding Russell Co to 34 points.........not gonna happen, and the most they've put on the board all year is 28. So I'm thinking at least 2-TDs.

Letcher put up 46 in their win last week vs Lawrence Co.
willseeuntheHOUSE Wrote:Letcher put up 46 in their win last week vs Lawrence Co.

My bad, wasn't even thinking about the LC game on Friday. Regardless, I don't see them keeping this game too close.
A few weeks ago I would have expected this game to be a blow out! Between our last two ugly games and LCC's win on Friday, my confidence level is not as high. These close games may very well make us better in the long run but I just don't think that we are firing on all cylinders right now. Raines made all the right calls in the playoffs last year to upset us when he was at Mercer. He has a young team who have taken their knocks but it appears they are getting better. At this point the Lakers could coast their way to what would be a considered a good season by our past standards. However, if they are to achieve the goals of being the greatest Russell county team ever and making a long run in the playoffs they are going to have to step it up as players and coaches. Looking forward to the charter bus ride over on Friday to watch our boys play at a great stadium! I hope the Lakers come out and play hard and make it an enjoyable ride home for everyone!
willseeuntheHOUSE Wrote:Let's hope you are right about a close game ballboy, that's the reason Russell County scheduled all these 5a schools hoping to get some good games. I'm all for a game like your prediction only not the upset. Russell needs close games prior to district play!

They are going to be in for a surprise come district and especially in the playoffs. You can't schedule cup cake city schedule during non- district play and expect to play top notch caliber with the likes of Cov Cath, Boyle, Highlands and Lex Cath in the playoffs and expect to win. Got to be battle tested early so when comes time for playoff, they are ready to march on. Respectfully, I like the team the Lakers have, but I see them stumbbling down the playoffs whe they see the teams mentioned.
I see this one closer than it should be. With RC going backwards and being played at LCC (21 point handicap)

RC 52
LCC 46
:dudecomeon:
Russell County by 14.
A surprise come district play? Really? Who? The other teams are good but not what they have been in the past.
Russell County
FBfan4life Wrote:They are going to be in for a surprise come district and especially in the playoffs. You can't schedule cup cake city schedule during non- district play and expect to play top notch caliber with the likes of Cov Cath, Boyle, Highlands and Lex Cath in the playoffs and expect to win. Got to be battle tested early so when comes time for playoff, they are ready to march on. Respectfully, I like the team the Lakers have, but I see them stumbbling down the playoffs whe they see the teams mentioned.

So you call Whitley and Pulaski cupcakes??? Many people would disagree with you especially the people living there.
FBfan4life Wrote:They are going to be in for a surprise come district and especially in the playoffs. You can't schedule cup cake city schedule during non- district play and expect to play top notch caliber with the likes of Cov Cath, Boyle, Highlands and Lex Cath in the playoffs and expect to win. Got to be battle tested early so when comes time for playoff, they are ready to march on. Respectfully, I like the team the Lakers have, but I see them stumbbling down the playoffs whe they see the teams mentioned.

You also predicted Boyle by 3 touchdowns over Danville???? How did that one turn out???
Im kind of worried about the long trip, RC coming out sluggish but I think it could be high scoring RC 45 LCC 32
willseeuntheHOUSE Wrote:So you call Whitley and Pulaski cupcakes??? Many people would disagree with you especially the people living there.

Yes I DO, Whitley a 2-2 team and Pulaski 2-2 team.
willseeuntheHOUSE Wrote:You also predicted Boyle by 3 touchdowns over Danville???? How did that one turn out???

I did? I don't recall cause I don't even like Boyle because of some crazy comments by some, not all Boyle fans. You have me mistaken for Jack Lambert or that goofy avatar of deputy fife, who picks Boyle by a bunch at every game they play.... But in fairness, if you can find that post for me that I predicted Boyle by 3 TD, I will eat my words and man enough to say sorry. So find that post for me.
willseeuntheHOUSE Wrote:You also predicted Boyle by 3 touchdowns over Danville???? How did that one turn out???

Don't worry about it, I found it and YES I did say it and like I said I'm man enough to admitt it. So SORRY, but RCHS still needs to play top caliber team to be ready and successful in the playoffs. It is what it is. I said before and I'll say it again till proven different, RCHS has a nice team, but come playoff and if lucky enough to see the teams I mentioned, I think they will be in for a surprise with the brand of football they do. I like be optimistic, but reality if different.
RC by 16
^
Although I haven't always appreciated the way you have had very little confidence in our team especially since you probably have never even seen us on film, I think you make a valid point. There is a whole other level of ball played at the very top of the 4A rankings (Highlands, Cov. Cath, even Lex Cath). I believe that we have several atheletes that are as good or even better than the guys on those teams. However, we need to be prepared to take on those well coached, battle tested, proven teams. Whitley and some of the other 5A schools we are playing will prove to be good solid teams but by no means elite. We have a chance to get better if we take advantage of it. The trip to Knox will provide a hostile enviroment against a quality opponent. To get to where we want to get to would mean making our way through the playoff guantlet that is our region. Hopefully we can get the number one seed and secure the possibility of homefield for the first three rounds. To be regional champs you are going to have to beat at least two of the top five or six 4A teams in the state. I am fully aware that to win three or more games in the playoffs would take our boy's and coaches' very best effort (an effort that our program has yet to produce), but maybe this is the year for them to do just that! Either way I will be there cheering them on!
Lakers by at least 3 scores
FBfan4life Wrote:Don't worry about it, I found it and YES I did say it and like I said I'm man enough to admitt it. So SORRY, but RCHS still needs to play top caliber team to be ready and successful in the playoffs. It is what it is. I said before and I'll say it again till proven different, RCHS has a nice team, but come playoff and if lucky enough to see the teams I mentioned, I think they will be in for a surprise with the brand of football they do. I like be optimistic, but reality if different.

Thanks and in your less venomous tone you are entirely correct, but the debate can go on forever. To figure out a schedule 2-3 years in advance attempting to get the correct quality games in our area without making it overwhelming is difficult at the least and actually almost impossible. To be honest Russell County usually has only
a hand full of skilled athletes at one time and rarely has this many at one time on their team. You would have to admit that the more highly skilled teams one plays then one can expect an increased number of injuries which Russell County can Ill afford. It could be argued and actually true in some years that an increase in schedule strength could cost a team more dearly (due to injuries) at playoff time. If Russell can do it, I will take the schedule we have hoping to finish first in our district ( just hoping) with fewer injuries (maybe) then overextending ourselves against a more brutal schedule. And I'm probably wrong, but that is the way I truly see it...just saying
FBfan4life Wrote:Yes I DO, Whitley a 2-2 team and Pulaski 2-2 team.

By the way, Boston Bryant and his team , are in no way shape or form cupcakes. He is a man! And his team will surprise people at years end!
The Lakers had a scare last week and that will only help them in many different ways. They learned that they are getting the other teams best game. It's like when Uk plays any opponent in basketball, their coming for them and now all the Laker players know it. My prediction, Lakers by 20+.
LCC in this one by 8 it is @ LCC .
RC