Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Madison Southern @ Southwestern 9/21
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Class 5A, District 7 match-up at the Reservation...who wins?
Southwestern seems to be improving. I think Madison Southern has a little bit too much offense for the Warriors this week however. Eagles 34-19.
Eagles 35 Warriors 21
Going with the Warriors if they can avoid mistakes. They are good enough to beat MS, they've just got to hold on to the ball and take advantage of opportunities when given.
MS 42-21. MS has to much speed for SW, if they run the same game plan as they did against SHS. The Harris kid will have a field day.
Harris is a heck of player. I expect him to have a great game, regardless of who is ahead on the scoreboard.
wildthang3 Wrote:MS 42-21. MS has to much speed for SW, if they run the same game plan as they did against SHS. The Harris kid will have a field day.

While, no doubt Damien is a great player, MS has a-lot of talent to go with him. I fully expect SW and the rest of the district to key on him, allowing the other guys to play to their best. I look forward to making the trip to SW, Ive heard it is a great atmosphere for HS fball. I think our schools officials are supplying a bus to bring a student section. How are the bleachers at SW? Also, is there places we can tailgate? We usually try to. GO Eagles!
Madison Southern 35

Southwestern 25
steelcurtain Wrote:While, no doubt Damien is a great player, MS has a-lot of talent to go with him. I fully expect SW and the rest of the district to key on him, allowing the other guys to play to their best. I look forward to making the trip to SW, Ive heard it is a great atmosphere for HS fball. I think our schools officials are supplying a bus to bring a student section. How are the bleachers at SW? Also, is there places we can tailgate? We usually try to. GO Eagles!

I don't know about the bleachers; I do not believe I sat down one time during the game last year!!! Smile
Lots of places to tailgate, and you're gonna love the fan base there. Lots of nice, helpful people! Area is beautiful, too.

Southwestern gets my vote in a close game; being at home just might give them the edge they need!!
Madison Southern by 2 scores. SW is down. Madison Southern has one of their better teams.
steelcurtain Wrote:While, no doubt Damien is a great player, MS has a-lot of talent to go with him. I fully expect SW and the rest of the district to key on him, allowing the other guys to play to their best. I look forward to making the trip to SW, Ive heard it is a great atmosphere for HS fball. I think our schools officials are supplying a bus to bring a student section. How are the bleachers at SW? Also, is there places we can tailgate? We usually try to. GO Eagles!

The bleachers on the visitor's side are nice, just not a lot. A lot of people bring a chair and sit in the end zones or stand on the track. As far as tailgating goes, there is tons of room to tailgate. Hope you have a safe trip down to Southwestern!
Madison Southern by 17
I've not seen the Harris kid. How good is he? How big is he? How fast is he? Does he have good vision and balance or is he a speed kid who runs away from everybody?
Harris' Stats so far in 2012:

Rushing: 47 carries, 666 yards, 13 TDs....AVG of 222 YPG

Receiving: 3 catches, 93 yards, 2 TDs
Southwestern by 7
Ready for game day to get here!
return of coach giridler
^ That is correct!
This game will be broadcast on mvpsportschannel.com and on the radio on 97.1 FM
GetChili Wrote:This game will be broadcast on mvpsportschannel.com and on the radio on 97.1 FM

To add to this, the direct link to the broadcast is http://mvpsportschannel.com/somerset-hig...ol-sports/
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:To add to this, the direct link to the broadcast is http://mvpsportschannel.com/somerset-hig...ol-sports/

Let me correct this, the link is now http://mvpsportschannel.com/live-sports-from-somerset/