Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Paintsville @ Pineville
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who ya got?
After losing to Lynn Camp I'm not sure which Pineville team shows up. If the team that lost to Lynn Camp shows up then I'd say Paintsville in an extremely close one. If the team that Pineville can be shows up it could be a Mountain Lion blowout. The Mountain Lions have a powerful running game.
Pineville by 8. I think the Lynn Camp game was an aberration.
pineville by 14.
Hopefully the tigers can pull this one out and keep the W's coming.
I thnk this will be closer than what some may think. I am gonna go with the Tigers to pull out a much needed road win.
P-Ville.....

Smile
If Paintsville's offensive line plays like they did last week then I think Paintsville has a shot to pull off the upset. It's always a tough task to have a long bus ride and go get a win on the road but I'm taking Paintsville in a close one.

Paintsville-20
Pineville-16
Pulp Fiction Wrote:P-Ville.....

Smile

Could sy phs lol
theoldballcoach Wrote:If Paintsville's offensive line plays like they did last week then I think Paintsville has a shot to pull off the upset. It's always a tough task to have a long bus ride and go get a win on the road but I'm taking Paintsville in a close one.

Paintsville-20
Pineville-16

Quite possible. I sure wouldn't mind to see Paintsville get this one. Although I usually pull for the teams in my district I think the Tiger's are every bit as good as or better than Lynn Camp and they did it at Pineville. So,go TIGERS!!!!!
Pineville will win this at home but the Tigers will make it interesting. Good Luck Tigers
Pineville 31

Paintsville 20
Any of you Tiger fans heard about the possibility of Paintsville and Ashland playing next season? I heard from one of the people on Ashland's staff yesterday say that they may be playing. I thought he was joking at first but he assured me that he wasnt.
Tomcat Pride Wrote:Any of you Tiger fans heard about the possibility of Paintsville and Ashland playing next season? I heard from one of the people on Ashland's staff yesterday say that they may be playing. I thought he was joking at first but he assured me that he wasnt.

I'v heard alot of interesting teams possibly for next year but Ashland was not one of them. I guess it could be a possibility.
Tomcat Pride Wrote:Any of you Tiger fans heard about the possibility of Paintsville and Ashland playing next season? I heard from one of the people on Ashland's staff yesterday say that they may be playing. I thought he was joking at first but he assured me that he wasnt.

I hope he was joking. Im all for competition but the idea of this is out of whack. If this were the case why don't we play Johnson Central then? I can only imagine what would happen when we show up with 20 kids to compete. This would be Savannah St. vs Okie st score. I hope they give us 75% of the gate and $5,000.
Pineville by 8
I just don't see this happening. To date we've won three games in the past two years and our program is not in the position to play a school like Ashland. If we we play Ashland, we might as well re-start the Apple Bowl against JC. I could see Paintsville keeping the same schedule next year but drop Paris and Pineville. I could see Paintsville filling those games with a school much closer in distance. Maybe Pikeville, East Ridge, Phelps, or Morgan Co?
TigerBlues Wrote:I hope he was joking. Im all for competition but the idea of this is out of whack. If this were the case why don't we play Johnson Central then? I can only imagine what would happen when we show up with 20 kids to compete. This would be Savannah St. vs Okie st score. I hope they give us 75% of the gate and $5,000.

He is joking no way we would do that unless of course there was a HUGE gate lol.
Paintsville is practicing hard and not resting on last weeks laurels. They look better every practice. As long as they don't get the refs they had at Jenkins the Tigers have a good shot.
Tigers-30
Pineville-16
Is pineville's QB going to play.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:He is joking no way we would do that unless of course there was a HUGE gate lol.

I'm not joking. From what I've been told Paintsville is looking to fill week three and ten and Ashland contacted them wanting to play one of those weeks.
Tomcat Pride Wrote:I'm not joking. From what I've been told Paintsville is looking to fill week three and ten and Ashland contacted them wanting to play one of those weeks.

Thats wild. Ohh well the program needs the money.
Pineville by 6.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Thats wild. Ohh well the program needs the money.
Ashland playing Paintsville (program at an all time low) would be hard to imagine.
doubledown Wrote:Ashland playing Paintsville (program at an all time low) would be hard to imagine.

The only way I could see it happening is if both teams could not and I mean absolutely not find anyone else to play.
BigMelon63 Wrote:Paintsville is practicing hard and not resting on last weeks laurels. They look better every practice. As long as they don't get the refs they had at Jenkins the Tigers have a good shot.
Tigers-30
Pineville-16

BM63 love your optimism but Pineville has a very quick undersized qb that can play. Speed kills the Tigers because we don't have any as you can go back to the Paris game and see that. I didn't hear anything about the Jenkins game refs but understand we had chances to win but fumbles and dropped passes crushed those opportunities. Here is to you and hoping you are right, upset of the year for the Tigers if they win :1:
I think it would be good for Tiger football if the coaches or someone would make a big push in the school to get more boys to come out for the team. Jenkins only has 5 more boys in thier school but they got 6 or 7 more players to come out for football. Has this been done? Harlan has 119 boys but got 33 player out for the team. It seems that most,not all,but most,1A schools can get almost 1/3 of thier boys to participate. I'd really like to see more come out for the Tiger team and if that could happen i would think that they would be more competitive right out of the box. Every few years you get a good class of talent and that helps. I just wonder what could be done to get more out for the team.
theoldballcoach Wrote:I just don't see this happening. To date we've won three games in the past two years and our program is not in the position to play a school like Ashland. If we we play Ashland, we might as well re-start the Apple Bowl against JC. I could see Paintsville keeping the same schedule next year but drop Paris and Pineville. I could see Paintsville filling those games with a school much closer in distance. Maybe Pikeville, East Ridge, Phelps, or Morgan Co?
One of those is essentially finalized. We will be making the trip down 23 in 2013.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:P-Ville.....

Smile

I'm going to have to agree with this. How can I not?