Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Mayfield 56 Graves County(6A)28
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Mayfield completely dominated this game of cross town rivals.I saw that it hasn't been posted here so i thought id put it up here. Look out1A Jackson and company are coming the mountains way only hopefully in Bowling Green and hopefully with Hazard.:redboxer:
Mayfield rolls easy
after big 1st halfBY JOEY FOSKO
[email]jfosko@paducahsun.com[/email]

MAYFIELD — It was close to perfection. Mayfield’s first-half offensive worksheet was nary a red mark
— six possessions produced six touchdowns and a commanding 42-14 halftime lead en route to a 56-28 rout of crosstown rival
Graves County on Friday night that wasn’t as close as the score would indicate. At least the blue-clad half of the
overflow crowd at Eagle Field, while certainly not happy with the development, got to see a finely-tuned, well-oiled machine
at work. “We were 6-for-6? It would be hard to do better than that,” said quarterback Jake Guhy, who completed 10 of 12 passes for 161
yards in the first half. “I would like to think we could do better.” Really, Jake? “Well, maybe not,” he responded with a smile. Jonathan Jackson rushed for
163 yards and five touchdowns in the first half alone, while Guhy connected with five different receivers. The tally for the fi rst two
quarters included 17 first downs and a whopping 351 yards in total offense for a Mayfield club (4-1) that has certainly justfied its preseason
No. 1 ranking in Class A. “The first couple of weeks, we had a couple of new linemen we were breaking in and a couple of
new receivers, and it took everybody a little time to get it down,” Guhy said. “I thought we would be pretty good, but we’re playing really
well. Really well.” Actually, the first quarter had a little suspense. After Mayfield scored on its opening possession,
sophomore Joey Marshall returned the ensuing kickoff 91 yards to put the Eagles (2-2) ahead 7-6, and tailback
Zach Katzman (24 carries, 185 yards) broke a 58-yard run that cut the lead to 21-14 less than 11
minutes into the game.

Mayfield 21 21 14 0 — 56
Graves County 14 0 0 14 — 28

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote
Today, 11:16 AM #12
MHSCardinal
Varsity Player

Very impressive win. Still need to shore some things up on D, but, that offense is a juggernaut. The thing that impresses me about there offense is the rythm they get in. You rarely see a negative play. In a few of those 1st half drives, they didn't have a single play under 5 yards. It's like 18 yd pass, 9 yd run, 6 yd run, 13 yd pass, 11 yd run, 7 yd run, 10 yd pass, then a score and they do it all in a no huddle, hurry up style, so, the defense is constantly on its heels. Even when they get backed up by a penalty and have 3rd & long, it's like no big deal to them. They just call a different play to extend the field a little more. They're very efficient, Guhy's extremely accurate and they have alot of quality receivers that you have to account for, then add Jackson steadily & brutely pounding the defense on the ground and it's a hell of a combination. You sometimes get the feeling that they could score anytime they want to, but, prefer to eat some clock, keep the D fresh and get everyone involved. Barring key injuries, the way they can score, they're gonna be a tough, tough team to knock off, come playoff time.
barnabus_c2001 Wrote:Mayfield completely dominated this game of cross town rivals.I saw that it hasn't been posted here so i thought id put it up here. Look out1A Jackson and company are coming the mountains way only hopefully in Bowling Green and hopefully with Hazard.:redboxer:
Don't punch your ticket to Bowling Green just yet son. Frankfort High has had problems with Beechwood not Mayfield. So after we handle Beechwood (they know we will) you will have to deal with Frankfort. That is not going to be good for you.
Right boy, We will wear you out like a rented mule.
When Beechwood gets all their walking wounded back u might talk out of the other side of your mouth even so we arent a rent to own mule u have to buy us and Franly lol I don't think u have eniugh azz to back up uour bet so we will see and i anin't your son u might be mine. Who's ure daddy Mayfield thats who.
:redboxer:
Mayfield appears loaded for bear. Never count out Beechwood.
E's Army Wrote:Mayfield appears loaded for bear. Never count out Beechwood.

Hmmm, Beechwood hasn't beaten Mayfield in 5 tries....I dont see the 6th one working out to good for them either.
barnabus_c2001 Wrote:When Beechwood gets all their walking wounded back u might talk out of the other side of your mouth even so we arent a rent to own mule u have to buy us and Franly lol I don't think u have eniugh azz to back up uour bet so we will see and i anin't your son u might be mine. Who's ure daddy Mayfield thats who.
:redboxer:
Nobody is scared off all that hot air little woman. That's the same trash Hazard listened to last year. We're tired of getting Beechwood's best shot then they lay down for you punks. We will handle our business this year and you'll be next. I see why the western end of the state had such a dry year, it was all of Mayfield's hot air.
Hmmmmmmmmm he must have the little man syndrome or i struck a nerve.:ChairHit:
whitepantherking Wrote:Don't punch your ticket to Bowling Green just yet son. Frankfort High has had problems with Beechwood not Mayfield. So after we handle Beechwood (they know we will) you will have to deal with Frankfort. That is not going to be good for you.

:zzz::zzz::zzz::hilarious:
Mayfield is loaded this year and are playing great... I also must admit Frankfort is playing great as well with only 1 loss to Franklin Co who is a favorite on the east side of the bracket in 5A.. Frankfort has some quality wins against Rockcastle and Green County
bac2369 Wrote:Mayfield is loaded this year and are playing great... I also must admit Frankfort is playing great as well with only 1 loss to Franklin Co who is a favorite on the east side of the bracket in 5A.. Frankfort has some quality wins against Rockcastle and Green County

Very true, good post
Mayfield beats frankfort by 4 or more touchdowns. Frankfort always has a good regular season but lays an egg in the playoffs. Mayfield's been there many times while frankfort watched from the stands. Rockcastle isn't a very good football team either. Green County may be decent but isn't competing in any class for a deep run in the playoffs.
cctiger Wrote:Mayfield beats frankfort by 4 or more touchdowns. Frankfort always has a good regular season but lays an egg in the playoffs. Mayfield's been there many times while frankfort watched from the stands. Rockcastle isn't a very good football team either. Green County may be decent but isn't competing in any class for a deep run in the playoffs.

Both those teams are general running teams that some people cant stop. Frankfort hasnt stopped teams that are primarly running teams. Beechwood had 380 yards on the ground last year against them. Rockcastle had 300 something against them as well last year.

For Frankfort this is the year they can challenge beechwood but it will be hard to beat beechwood @ home and especially playoff time. But i think they have a legitmate shot.