Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: cheap shot or not
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ive seen that alot people are arguing about carson palmer getting his knee blown out and saying that was a cheap hit and some say its not so i decided to make a thread to see what everyone thinks about it.

IMO it wasnt a cheap shot the guy was diving before he threw the ball...Besides even if it was it was a good play because they won the super bowl didnt they...
It was definately not a cheap shot, he didn't mean for it to happen you could see after the play he didn't mean to hurt Carson.
Quote:IMO it wasnt a cheap shot the guy was diving before he threw the ball...Besides even if it was it was a good play because they won the super bowl didnt they...

Well if Palmer doesnt go down they walk all over the steelers. So they better give the guy a raise that did it,, Although it wasnt cheap, but because if it wasnt for him they would have been sitting at home instead of Cincy.
braves_fan_10 Wrote:Ive seen that alot people are arguing about carson palmer getting his knee blown out and saying that was a cheap hit and some say its not so i decided to make a thread to see what everyone thinks about it.

IMO it wasnt a cheap shot the guy was diving before he threw the ball...Besides even if it was it was a good play because they won the super bowl didnt they...

The play was a cheap shot, as was that post you just made. He had like 5 feet to dive off to the side, but he didn't, he kept going right for Palmer's knees. It was a cheap shot, they won a tainted super bowl.

I had to delete some of this picture
Batpuff Wrote:Well if Palmer doesnt go down they walk all over the steelers. So they better give the guy a raise that did it,, Although it wasnt cheap, but because if it wasnt for him they would have been sitting at home instead of Cincy.
He didn't get the raise. As a matter of fact, he isn't with Pittsburgh anymore. I forgot where he went but he's not with the Steelers anymore.
I dont think it was a cheap shot, it looked like he was already goin down before carson threw the ball
blackcatfan_48 Wrote:I dont think it was a cheap shot, it looked like he was already goin down before carson threw the ball

Why would he need to go down, and even if he got knocked down, why would he have to lunge at Palmer's knees?

Dude on ESPN said "unintentionally dirty," and I took that to mean that he meant to take Palmer down, but just ended up going too far, which I agree with
Fritz, even most of the Bengals agree that it wasn't a cheap shot, and Marvin Lewis didn't think it was either...Get over it...
alfus21 Wrote:Fritz, even most of the Bengals agree that it wasn't a cheap shot, and Marvin Lewis didn't think it was either...Get over it...

Hold up, this thread was titled "cheap shot or not," or did you not even look at it? He asked to see what everyone thought about it, I guess he meant "Give your opinion, yes or no, unless it's yes." Is that what he meant? I got the impression that he wanted people's opinions
BFritz Wrote:Hold up, this thread was titled "cheap shot or not," or did you not even look at it? He asked to see what everyone thought about it, I guess he meant "Give your opinion, yes or no, unless it's yes." Is that what he meant? I got the impression that he wanted people's opinions

And I think I gave mine, and if you didn't get that out of my post then you might want to read it again...It was not a cheap shot, and anybody that says it is honestly is so biased towards the Bengals that they're a lost cause to argue with anyways...

Plus, just because the thread means give your opinion doesn't mean that people can disagree, otherwise it's a pretty weak thread if people just say yes and no...
alfus21 Wrote:And I think I gave mine, and if you didn't get that out of my post then you might want to read it again...It was not a cheap shot, and anybody that says it is honestly is so biased towards the Bengals that they're a lost cause to argue with anyways...

Plus, just because the thread means give your opinion doesn't mean that people can disagree, otherwise it's a pretty weak thread if people just say yes and no...

I didn't just say yes or no, but you're saying that the question was asked just to hear everybody explain why it wasn't a cheap shot. Have him change the thread title to "why wasn't it a cheap shot?"
It wasn't a cheap shot.
BurntTires Wrote:It wasn't a cheap shot.

Like I said, I don't think he did it with intentions of hurting Palmer, I just think he meant to take him down.
Batpuff Wrote:Well if Palmer doesnt go down they walk all over the steelers. So they better give the guy a raise that did it,, Although it wasnt cheap, but because if it wasnt for him they would have been sitting at home instead of Cincy.

IF ifs and buts were candy and nuts...
corndog23 Wrote:IF ifs and buts were candy and nuts...

And your point is???????
Batpuff Wrote:And your point is???????

You dont know what would have happened in that game. had he not gotten hurt, he may have blew up in the 2nd half and threw 4 picks and they would have gotten beat even worse! Bottom line is you just dont know, and there is no need to dwell on it and play the "what if" game. What if Derek Anderson played against Arizona in the 97 title game? What if Leftwich didnt get hurt in the middle of the year? Maybe the Jaguars woud have won the super bowl! What if Terrel Owens didnt walk out on his team? Maybe the eagles would have won the super bowl! What if, what if, what if, what if! Bottom Line is EVERY SINGLE TEAM IN THE NFL has a "what if", and there is nothing anyone can do about it. You take your loss and you go back and get em next year.
BFritz Wrote:Like I said, I don't think he did it with intentions of hurting Palmer, I just think he meant to take him down.

Thats what he gets paid to do. " Take him down " If he or any player didn't play with the intent to tackle the qb, then the team doesn't need them. Wasn't no where near being a cheap shot. Earlier in the thread you said it was a cheap shot, now your not. Which is it? There is a difference in a cheap shot and the intent of doing his job.Confusedhh:
BFritz Wrote:I didn't just say yes or no, but you're saying that the question was asked just to hear everybody explain why it wasn't a cheap shot. Have him change the thread title to "why wasn't it a cheap shot?"

No offense, but common sense is that you give an explanation for your logic and reasoning, if not then it could have just been a poll and nobody would have had to have talked...
BFritz Wrote:The play was a cheap shot, as was that post you just made. He had like 5 feet to dive off to the side, but he didn't, he kept going right for Palmer's knees. It was a cheap shot, they won a tainted super bowl.

I had to delete some of this picture

And you said his post was a cheap shot. Rolleyes now thats a cheap shot. Your love for the Bengals, make you biased. Others love for football allows us to look at the bigger picture.
corndog23 Wrote:You dont know what would have happened in that game. had he not gotten hurt, he may have blew up in the 2nd half and threw 4 picks and they would have gotten beat even worse! Bottom line is you just dont know, and there is no need to dwell on it and play the "what if" game. What if Derek Anderson played against Arizona in the 97 title game? What if Leftwich didnt get hurt in the middle of the year? Maybe the Jaguars woud have won the super bowl! What if Terrel Owens didnt walk out on his team? Maybe the eagles would have won the super bowl! What if, what if, what if, what if! Bottom Line is EVERY SINGLE TEAM IN THE NFL has a "what if", and there is nothing anyone can do about it. You take your loss and you go back and get em next year.

Thats the thing about america and this site if I want to play the what if game I have that right to, yea what if he doesnt get hurt and just goes off which he was in the process of doing. hehehehe !!!!!!!:letsparty
Crossbones Wrote:Thats what he gets paid to do. " Take him down " If he or any player didn't play with the intent to tackle the qb, then the team doesn't need them. Wasn't no where near being a cheap shot. Earlier in the thread you said it was a cheap shot, now your not. Which is it? There is a difference in a cheap shot and the intent of doing his job.Confusedhh:

It was a cheap shot, but it wasn't intended to be. The dude on ESPN said "unintentionally dirty," I agree with that. He didn't intend for it to be that bad, but it was.
so it wasnt a cheap shot
BFritz Wrote:It was a cheap shot, but it wasn't intended to be. The dude on ESPN said "unintentionally dirty," I agree with that. He didn't intend for it to be that bad, but it was.
I'm not following your logic. How can it be a cheap shot if it was unintentional? He didn't intend on hurting Palmer, just tackle him, which is what he gets paid to do. By your logic anytime a player gets hurt by another player, it was because of a cheap shot.
Crossbones Wrote:I'm not following your logic. How can it be a cheap shot if it was unintentional? He didn't intend on hurting Palmer, just tackle him, which is what he gets paid to do. By your logic anytime a player gets hurt by another player, it was because of a cheap shot.

He didn't intend to hurt Palmer, just take him down, maybe make him hurt a little, but it turned out a lot worse than he intended.
i agree with corndog over the what if thing....Believe me i hate steelers prolly as much as anyone...Bfritz u keep saying its a cheap shot but then u turn around and say that he didnt mean to hurt him so it sounds like your backing up on your words.
This game is in the past lets get on with the new season.
braves_fan_10 Wrote:i agree with corndog over the what if thing....Believe me i hate steelers prolly as much as anyone...Bfritz u keep saying its a cheap shot but then u turn around and say that he didnt mean to hurt him so it sounds like your backing up on your words.

Like I said, it was a cheap shot, but he didn't mean for it to hurt Palmer, just take him down, maybe joke a little. He had time to change direction

BurntTires Wrote:This game is in the past lets get on with the new season.

I am, I was just adding my opinion to the thread. I completely agree with you though, and with the defense being built up, I giggle, smile, get anxious, and start dreaming about September 10th.

WHO-DEY
BFritz Wrote:Like I said, it was a cheap shot, but he didn't mean for it to hurt Palmer, just take him down, maybe joke a little. He had time to change direction

I am, I was just adding my opinion to the thread. I completely agree with you though, and with the defense being built up, I giggle, smile, get anxious, and start dreaming about September 10th.

WHO-DEY
Still yet that play lead them to the super bowl either way you look at it.
As a Bengal Fan it hurt a lot, but it wasn't a cheap shot. The shot on the Steelers QB earlier in the year by the Bengals wasn't a cheap shot also.

:yikes: :dontthink