Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bourbon Co.??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is Bourbon legit?
I know they havent played much, but it they are killing teams. I watched them play Mad. So. And they looked pretty solid, but can they compete with the big boys?
Are they legit?

Yes.. I think they have emerged as the clear team to beat in their region. Russell and Garrard County are 2/3, but it seems to be a bit of a gap between them and the Colonels.

Can they compete with the big boys?

This remains to be seen, and we may not even get any type of understanding until they play the Golden Lions.

There is Lou. Central, then the interchangable cluster of Bell/Belfry/Breathitt/Tilghman, and then Bourbon is at the top of the next grouping.
Next to Central, I'd say they're the most athletic team in 3A. Hope to see them play against Garrard.
^ maybe if you are forgetting about Bell, Belfy and Breathitt. I know we only scrimmaged Bourbon, but IMO Breathitt is way more athletic.
Your top 3 teams in that District is Bath, Bourbon and Garrard. The 3 games that will decide the district standings will be Garrard VS Bath, Bourbon VS Bath, and Bourbon VS Garrard. All 3 games will be interesting. Bath and Bourbon seem to be on a roll and Garrard has had a couple of hiccups. No matter what happens in District play, I wouldn't
count any of them out come playoffs.
Bath County is not good.
FBALL Wrote:Bath County is not good.

4-1 = Not Good?? Losing to Fleming Co. in first game of season 4-0 since then. Not Great by no means but Good. IMO
I have had to watch Bourbon play against Madison Southern as well. They looked good that night. But the true test will come when they travel down to Lancaster. Should be a great matchup.
Bath got spanked by Fleming. There wins have come against the two Carter County schools, Lewis County and Estill County. That does not equal good.
John Hodge is doing a great job at Bourbon County. I do believe they can do some damage but like EKUalum said, it has remained to be unseen, so we'll see as the season progresses.
FBALL Wrote:Bath County is not good.

We will find out tonight.....
cowcreek Wrote:4-1 = Not Good?? Losing to Fleming Co. in first game of season 4-0 since then. Not Great by no means but Good. IMO

The teams Bath beat they should have. The team that should have been a battle (Fleming) got spanked. Combined record of the teams Bath beat is 1-17.:HitWall: