Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Looking for long range hunting rifle and good advice...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sorry I'm posting this here....I made the thread in the Hunting board, but not alot of people see it, and I know there's plenty of members who know about hunting and weapons in here. Wink

Hey guys, I'm looking for a good long rifile with scope. I'd rather it be in .308, but .30-06 is fine as well. I have ALOT of experince with the Remington 700, as the M24 and Marine Corps M40 in the Army.

Does anyone know where I can get one of these, cheap, in East Kentucky...rather it be Pike, Floyd, or Martin. Or even Mingo and a bit up in West Virginia.

I start getting prepared for Modern Gun deer season and Bear season early. Already have my hunting camo (MultiCam, what the US Military uses in Afghan), ruck sack and camelbak water bladder, boots and camping gear. I haven't hunted since my first year in the Army, so any advice would be VERY helpful. Thanks!
There are boatloads of gun sales down here around Corbin.
I know you wouldnt want to drive the far, but we have bluegrassoutdoors, along with 2 other stricly gun shops just in town.
Vundy33, you should buy this gun:

[Image: ks402.jpg]

Best gun I've ever had!

OORAH!
^^
I have one just like that but it's blue. Sooo much better!!

Gut is correct about the gun shops in Corbin. Also, if you know where to look, you can find great deals at the flea market on 229 just out of London.
I've always hurd good things about mountain furniture and there prices on guns not sure what all they have. Robinettes will have anything you want just dont know if they got the price you want, same thing with blaines in allen but with a little less selection.
Blaine's is good but not a huge variety. But it's worth a shot if your near that location.
Thanks ALOT guys. I've been to Robinettes, but that's it. Going to definitely stop by and check out Blaine's, Mountain Furniture, Walmart and Rob's.

Thanks again guys!