Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Breathitt Co. 24 Somerset 13
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Altro Cat Wrote:Knowing Ben this is probably the first time he has ever been in any trouble, ever. Kid has probably never been sent to the principals office. I would be really surprised if there was any malice intent on the play.

I do not know what happened, but I have heard that this a good kid and hurting someone just is not in his personality. Was this issue the same one in which he blocked the Somerset player into the track 10 yds off the field, Blind Side style?
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:I do not know what happened, but I have heard that this a good kid and hurting someone just is not in his personality. Was this issue the same one in which he blocked the Somerset player into the track 10 yds off the field, Blind Side style?

Yes, that is what he was ejected for. It made no sense for him to do that--especially when you consider that Somerset was the one receiving the kick...He shouldn't have been blocking at all.
Norm Peterson Wrote:Yes, that is what he was ejected for. It made no sense for him to do that--especially when you consider that Somerset was the one receiving the kick...He shouldn't have been blocking at all.

I agree to a point, but the Somerset player should have blocked back, it is football. Oh well, it will all get worked out in the end, it always does.
I saw it also and would not have tossed him...yeah he should have let up at the whistle or at the track. The only thing I can think of was that the Somerset kid seemed to be trying to let up and kept getting shoved way out of bounds and after the whistle.

But I would not have tossed him, unless maybe he was also saying something as he did it.
RoShamBo Wrote:You can't really say it should have been 42-13 just because Breathitt got in the red zone and couldn't convert because Somerset had a couple in the red zone with no points as well. The game played out the way it was supposed to, Breathitt was the better team tonight. Overall though there is very little separating the two.

You need to read my post more carefully. I gave credit to Somerset defense to keep them out of the end zone. The bobcats had 100 more total yards than Somerset at the half. They were inside the 20 I think three times in first half and didn't convert and that Isnt like this year team. I hear a lot of post that said the jumpers didn't come out the second half. Maybe the bobcats got a butt chewing at halftime after not convert inside the redzone three times and they woke up the second half.
He didn,t say anything to Official. I saw and listened to the whole thing.
It was good to see #56 Zach Gross back at linebacker. Who is # 74 bobcats new center this year? Also who is #69 ? Was the Noble kid blocking or was he blocked out of bounds ?
Listening to some of breathitt players I took it as Ben Hayes number 4 who got tossed was being blocked sort of in the back about 6 or 7 yards out of bounds and was just trying to get the kid off of him. It was a horrible call and I just hope it was caught on the tape.
I would like to know how someone get ejected for blocking out bounds. I always thought u had to throw a punch to get thrown out
horse Wrote:It was good to see #56 Zach Gross back at linebacker. Who is # 74 bobcats new center this year? Also who is #69 ? Was the Noble kid blocking or was he blocked out of bounds ?

The new center #74 is Wes Neace and #69 is Cody Wade Noble him Zach Gross and Wes Neace are all cousins!
Buffalo Bildos Wrote:my complaint about the special teams and QB issue: not one kicker or punter (jones, Dobbs, Hill) went to a kicking camp this summer? how can special teams expect to be good when they have no idea how to correctly kick the ball? The same issue with Gadberry, he didnt go to one single Qb camp this offseason. There is no way to improve without working on it in the offseason. You'll just stay at mediocre to below average when you dont put in the time. I know Lange last year went to 8 camps all together including Qb and kicking. From not being at the game and just getting updates, sounds like Chevraunt, slaughter and Lange all had decent games, while i also heard our Defensive backs just bounced off Trent when he ran the ball. Number 8 was suspended for the last 3 games for BReathitt and now another kid kids ejected in last nights game? Sounds like Breathitts coach needs to crack down a bit on them.
If it's like it has been in the past, only certain people get the camps paid for. Not everyone can afford to pay their own way. Some that have had the camp paid for could have afforded to pay themselves.
Guys, don't reveal identities on here it's against the rules. If you have a problem with someone, take it up in a PM not on the board for everyone to see. If you can't seem to find the rules then click the link below.

http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/cmps_inde...e=bgrrules
Seriously guys? smh....
Strikeout King Wrote:Guys, don't reveal identities on here it's against the rules. If you have a problem with someone, take it up in a PM not on the board for everyone to see. If you can't seem to find the rules then click the link below.

http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/cmps_inde...e=bgrrules

Beat me to it.
Just to clear the Hays ejection thing up I will post what all happened. Breathitt County kicked the ball off to Somerset. Hays was around the ball attempting to make a tackle and a Somerset player started blocking him in the back. The Somerset player didnt let up and when they reached the track Hays turned and it appears punched the Somerset player in the helmet. The video is vey bad and cuts off of the altercation right when Hays's arm is flying. Breathitt County will still appeal the ejection but the video evidence does not look good.
Then maybe someone should look into the fact that Ben was run out of bounds on the play in the first place.He just doesn't do these kind of things.They must have done something to provoke him.
djttrbm Wrote:Then maybe someone should look into the fact that Ben was run out of bounds on the play in the first place.He just doesn't do these kind of things.They must have done something to provoke him.
But you have to maintain composure. Especially when you know the consequences.
djttrbm Wrote:Then maybe someone should look into the fact that Ben was run out of bounds on the play in the first place.He just doesn't do these kind of things.They must have done something to provoke him.

I've always heard coaches warn their players to never retaliate (especially with a punch) because the first infraction is often missed by the official, but the retaliation (especially a punch) is usually flagged.

End of lesson.
Old Jumper Wrote:I've always heard coaches warn their players to never retaliate (especially with a punch) because the first infraction is often missed by the official, but the retaliation (especially a punch) is usually flagged.

End of lesson.

Accoridng to what people whoe were THERE, and thus saw the
INCIDENT, not a truncated film, there was NO punch.
Observing Wrote:Accoridng to what people whoe were THERE, and thus saw the
INCIDENT, not a truncated film, there was NO punch.

Don't know; wasn't at the game. But then again, my prior post in no way mentions or comments on that particular incident. Reading is fundamental.
Pages: 1 2 3