Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Derrick Rose cries at shoe promo, rehab on schedule
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The memory still haunts him.

When video of his season-ending ACL tear injury was played during a promotional event on Thursday, Derrick Rose broke down into tears, according to multiple Chicago media outlets.

The Chicago Bulls point guard was promoting his latest shoe at an Adidas promotional event and said that rehab on his torn ligament that he suffered in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference quarterfinals vs. the Philadelphia 76ers was going well. He announced that he's making steady progress by doing jumping and shooting drills, while working on his core through workouts.

Rose had surgery on May 12 and is expected to miss eight to 12 months, cutting into the 2012-13 season. It is not determined if or when he will come back but Bulls chairman Jerry Reinsdorf has made it known that he doesn't want Rose to play unless he's 100 percent.

Rose's tears reportedly stemmed from his appreciation for family and fans during this trying time in his life.

"I'm just happy I have true fans out there," he told reporters.

Adidas has made several promotional commercials of Rose's return.

In the emotional promo event, Rose discussed how he's expecting a son with his girlfriend, which had been reported previously.

http://www.usatoday.com/
This is why i love Derrick Rose!
I hope Rose goes through a speedy recovery and gets back to the basketball court soon. All the best.
He's a great basketball player.
Would hate to see an injury like this start to become re-occuring.
Will be looking forward to his return...