Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Obamacare Summed Up In One Sentence
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dr, Bellar is running for the Illinios state senate, and sums up Obamacare in one long sentence.

Dr. Bellar is not your typical politician and certainly does not fit the mold of a “Chicago” politico. In fact, she’s:
  • An ex-nun
  • An Army Reserve vet
  • A family practice physician (as she says, “from cradle to grave, from diapers to diapers, from womb to tomb”)
  • A lawyer
  • A motorcycle-riding, animal lover

“So, let me get this straight (this is a long sentence), we’re going to be gifted with a healthcare plan we are forced to purchase, and fined if we don’t, which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn’t understand it, passed by a congress that didn’t read it, but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a president who smokes, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn’t pay his taxes, for which we will be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that’s broke. So what the blank could possibly go wrong?”
nice
And summed up in one word: STUPID!
That can't be true. Why is it helping so many people if that is the case?
it isn't helping anyone right now. It hasn't started yet
Yeah but it will provide coverage to many people who can't afford it.
^how many?
and who pays?
Millions man, millions of people will have coverage now!

Who pays? We all contribute our share. Government, people, insurance companies, that's how everything in life is. People contribute their share.
^all people or those who work and already have insurance?
People who work but their companies won't provide them insurance.
it's the LAW get over it
^ Isn't that what George Wallace said in the 60's?
Here's a good one; It's the law repeal it.
WideVector, what do you like so much about the health care law, and how are we going to come up with the money to cover it?
WideRight05 Wrote:WideVector, what do you like so much about the health care law, and how are we going to come up with the money to cover it?

OH, OH, I know! I know! :howdy: It's like magic, MILLIONS will be covered. And the good news? Those of us who already pay for the dullards housing, food, medical, utilities, cell phones, costs of proliferation with the object of their affection of the day, you name it, can now just pay for them to have a really nice insurance policy, so they may now go the same doctor we do, and avoid all the embarrasing stigma of clinics and ER visits. Doesn't that make you feel all warm inside?
^^:lmao:

You forgot something...those of us a "certain" age, get no treatment at all....
especially if we're close to dying (by their measurement, of course)
WideMiddle03 Wrote:People who work but their companies won't provide them insurance.

Oh the sympathy I feel for them. This is America! They have the opportunity to search for a different, and better job.
IMO most of them need to search for a JOB.
Granny Bear Wrote:IMO most of them need to search for a JOB.

Forgive me for saying this again but, even if they never get a job, or if ObmaCare is repealed. They still get medical treatment. It's not top flight, with all the perks. But, if a no-work goes in with chest pains. He is operated on in the same OR any of us who has worked for health insurance would be operated in. The only real difference in any of this is some of us choose to step up and approach life honorably by working and being self sufficient and some don't really give a darn. I know folks who work two and three jobs for what they have. Though they don't drive Beamers I could not respect them more. It's the ones who don't work that the dems try to harvest for votes.

Then they want to be addressed as "the honorable whatever" on letterhead. :please:
TheRealThing Wrote:Forgive me for saying this again but, even if they never get a job, or if ObmaCare is repealed. They still get medical treatment. It's not top flight, with all the perks. But, if a no-work goes in with chest pains. He is operated on in the same OR any of us who has worked for health insurance would be operated in. The only real difference in any of this is some of us choose to step up and approach life honorably by working and being self sufficient and some don't really give a darn. I know folks who work two and three jobs for what they have. Though they don't drive Beamers I could not respect them more. It's the ones who don't work that the dems try to harvest for votes. Then they want to be addressed as "the honorable whatever" on letterhead. :please:

exactly
TheRealThing Wrote:Forgive me for saying this again but, even if they never get a job, or if ObmaCare is repealed. They still get medical treatment. It's not top flight, with all the perks. But, if a no-work goes in with chest pains. He is operated on in the same OR any of us who has worked for health insurance would be operated in. The only real difference in any of this is some of us choose to step up and approach life honorably by working and being self sufficient and some don't really give a darn. I know folks who work two and three jobs for what they have. Though they don't drive Beamers I could not respect them more. It's the ones who don't work that the dems try to harvest for votes.

Then they want to be addressed as "the honorable whatever" on letterhead. :please:

I'll put this one in WideVectorMiddle4_Real style...

"joo roxors dood good point ppl shood wirk"
It was revealed just today that the number of Americans estmated likely to be fined for not purchasing health insurance has been increased from 4 million to 6 million. This includes folks making about $25,000 dollars a year and up. In other words, middle class families and singles are going to be fined. I have said over and over that the middle class will bear the brunt of the costs associated with ObamaCare. Estimated costs for yearly premiums will range from about $4,000 dollars for singles to $15,000 dollars for families of 4.

How many folks on here that pay for their own insurance can truly say they can afford $15,000 a year for health insurance? That doesn't touch co-pays and deductibles for care and drugs, BTW. For a family of 4 that will run the balance up to around 20 grand. All you that have been clicking your heels and yelling bring it on, still feeling as pert about it as you were before you had the first clue what you were in for?

Now, let's get real here for a second. Who are the only folks that will get free health care? Like I've been saying, it's the same ones that got free health care all along. The only difference is now they will get the cadillac treatment, just like folks that pay. The stigma of free clinics and ER style cattle call health care has been done away with by federal law. The guys getting the freebies from 2014 forward will get the same care as you do. I contend it will be better, because you'll have government beaurocrats playng watchdog to make very sure they this happens. Further, care facilities, hospitals etc., will go overboard to avoid government 'attention'. So, we are staring down the gun barrell at a two tier medical system. After 2014 the only folks who will get health care on par with those of us that pay, now recieve, will be the rich. Everybody else will get what the government dictates. Just like Russia! Aren't you thrilled?

This is only the beginnings of woes. Everything is about to get regulated from gasoline, which of course, means folks won't be able to just pack up and go on a trip anymore. Utilites will be regulated too. And, since resources will be so expensive and industial controls will be so stringent, consumer goods that every working American is used to being able to afford will suddenly cost a fortune. This is what republicans and others not blinded by DNC talking points have been warning about. Having one's freedoms ripped away by circumstance of war or some other disaster would be bad enough, but, to vote to have them taken away by Barry and his band of eco bozos is unbelievable. Is being a dyed-in-the-wool democrat, really that rewarding? All you need is the "air that you breathe and love Barack," right? LOL

Romney will restore sanity to this land. The liberal media have spent days beating a dead horse. Of course, welfare recipients are going to keep going to the well and voting democratic. The dems are the ones who should be on the recieving end of the voters lash this November.
I read this article, too...from more than one source.

This was very well said, TRT.
^Thanks Granny. Paul Ryan delivered a substantive speech to AARP members today down in New Orleans. Where seniors are concerned, here is the one thing that is most mind numbing to me. Obama announced his plan to fund one third of ObamaCare by raiding the medicare fund, in November of 2009. The figure Obama threw out there at the time was $500 billion. As we all know that number has since been 'adjusted' upward to $716 billion. Now, given the irrefutable reality that seniors depend on medicare for their well being, how can they then support Obama, who has pledged to rob their medicare system of $716 billion dollars?

That's what the republicans mean when they ask how the dems propose to spend the same dollar twice. If we take $716 billion out of medicare funds and give it to ObamaCare, what will take the place of the missing $716 billion we took from medicare? I can help with this. MEDICARE CUTS. Seniors who vote for Obama are literally voting for drastic cuts the the level of care they will recieve post election of this year. Normally old folks are known for being reluctant to change things up. I would submit that old folks that vote for Obama have gone senile. Folks, you can't vote for the suspension of your own medical services.

Thank goodness Paul Ryan is finally addressing the lies launched from the platform during the DNC, about ObamaCare. I don't know about most folks but, I'd sort of like to stick around a while longer and I will therefore require the best medical care I can secure. Under ObamaCare, whether an old person even recieves care or not will be determnined by a 15 person panel of beaurocrats who will be appointed by this administation. Not even people who have been chosen by us through the elective process but, appointees of Obama. Seniors will have absolutely no voice in the quality or level or care they get, much less if they get any care at all. Is this really how we want things to be, treated like an unwanted newspaper? Time to wake up folks! Romney and Ryan won't change a thing. We have planned our lives around social security and medicare. Are we really ready to eat only the cheapest food money will buy and recieve medical care which will be more of an afterthought than a priority by 15 Obama appointees? I know I'm not. To act like we'll be in some kind of jeorpardy because a democrat is not president is ridiculous. Dwight D Eisnehower, Ronald Reagan, Bush H and W. all good men. We know where Romney grew up and went to school, and we know his family. His father was governor of Michigan. Obama is the mystery, Kenyan, Indonesian or American? We know his family too and we know they are from the countries mentioned. I don't get it, what's to worry about with Romney?
I cut up my AARP card in 2010, and mailed it back to them along with a 4 page letter telling them why I was mailing it.

I wanted to be clear and detailed, so that they would know exactly why they were receiving it.
Granny Bear Wrote:I cut up my AARP card in 2010, and mailed it back to them along with a 4 page letter telling them why I was mailing it.

I wanted to be clear and detailed, so that they would know exactly why they were receiving it.

LOL, I should have done something like that too. I just quit sending them money and they've sent me at least 10 sets of cards, all of them trash can fodder. AARP leadership, however honorable they started out to be, are now bought and paid for by the dems. Reminds me of the unholy alliance between party democrats and organized labor. Dems know the rank and file will listen to their bosses no matter how stupid the rhetoric gets and the same goes for the rank and file of the AARP. Have you ever wondered what ever happened to earning one's respect? Labor membership and AARP membership voting democrat is a forgone conclusion these days. Did everybody just lose the ability to think for themselves or what?
In Obama we trust?