Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Stadiums/Schools You look forward to visting... You will never return to.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Best - Harlan county- I can't wait!!!!
Worst- wheelwright and jellico tn.
THe only place I ever had a problem with going to was allen central. Love watching games at Paintsville, Belfry, and Ashland.
Panther Thunder Wrote:By far my favorite to go to is Putnam Stadium (Ashland). Others I enjoy going to games at, CAM (Belfry), Memorial Field (Paintsville), The Briar Patch (Somerset), Corbin, and Daniel Field (Hazard).

Ones that I hate, South Floyd, Phelps, Newport, Allen Central, Pike Central, and LCA (maybe the worst experience I have ever had).

Ones that I would like to go to: Highlands, Beechwood, Harlan County, Breathitt County, Trinity, Saint X, Bowling Green.

Trust me, you are in for a treat if you decide to come by. Not a better place to be. Of course, I'm biased!

Belfry would probably be the stadium I choose to pass on. I know I give Belfry fans a hard time on here, but this is not the reason. I just enjoy being an ass. I was actually with a few people who went to watch their game against Ashland last year. Good Lord, those people are crazy lol. We went and sat on the home side to watch the game, big mistake. One of the guys had a light maroon polo on, it just so happened that was Ashland's colors lol. He got a 20 oz. pop bottle launched at him and multiple names yelled at him when walking up and down the bleacher steps. Funny thing is he wasn't even an Ashland grad LOL. Then when we're walking to our car we pass a couple of Belfry fans. They see the maroon polo and start yelling all kinds of crap at us and throwing fingers lol. I know that not all of their fans are like that, obviously. I couldn't see any on here doing that. It just seemed like at Belfry, there were a few more Wideleft's and Wideright's than most schools would like to have at the games.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:As much as I respect the history of the old Vipperman Stadium at Belfry... I hated the drive, the parking situation, the old bleachers, the field... it was tough place to play.

Not playing The Apple Bowl (Johnson Central vs. Paintsville) on the Thursday night berfore Apple Day starts just doesn't seem right. But I would rather not have the game than have to watch another game at Memorial Field. I only live about 5 miles from the stadium but that's one place I have no desire to return to.

Lincoln Co. (Death Valley) was probably the worst football stadium I've ever visited. I was extpecting an actually valley... Not one Hillside. This is also one place I'll never return to.

I will leave you a ticket at the will call window for this Friday Pulp, maybe you can talk with Coach Brugh for a bit. I would love to watch Lynch vs Evarts but that ain't happening either.
WideRight05 Wrote:Trust me, you are in for a treat if you decide to come by. Not a better place to be. Of course, I'm biased!

Belfry would probably be the stadium I choose to pass on. I know I give Belfry fans a hard time on here, but this is not the reason. I just enjoy being an ass. I was actually with a few people who went to watch their game against Ashland last year. Good Lord, those people are crazy lol. We went and sat on the home side to watch the game, big mistake. One of the guys had a light maroon polo on, it just so happened that was Ashland's colors lol. He got a 20 oz. pop bottle launched at him and multiple names yelled at him when walking up and down the bleacher steps. Funny thing is he wasn't even an Ashland grad LOL. Then when we're walking to our car we pass a couple of Belfry fans. They see the maroon polo and start yelling all kinds of crap at us and throwing fingers lol. I know that not all of their fans are like that, obviously. I couldn't see any on here doing that. It just seemed like at Belfry, there were a few more Wideleft's and Wideright's than most schools would like to have at the games.

Really? I was at that game as well. I left the stadium complaining about the officials and had a belfry fan turn to me and say yeah the first down on Ashlands final drive was missed. And assured me the officials normally weren't that bad. Everyone was very cordial and respectful to me and I was decked out in maroon as well. So I guess this just kinda surprises me.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:Really? I was at that game as well. I left the stadium complaining about the officials and had a belfry fan turn to me and say yeah the first down on Ashlands final drive was missed. And assured me the officials normally weren't that bad. Everyone was very cordial and respectful to me and I was decked out in maroon as well. So I guess this just kinda surprises me.

I didn't say all of them were bad. Plus, you were probably on the maroon side of the stands lol.
TigerBlues Wrote:I will leave you a ticket at the will call window for this Friday Pulp, maybe you can talk with Coach Brugh for a bit. I would love to watch Lynch vs Evarts but that ain't happening either.

This Friday I will be at JC watching JC vs. Logan, WV. Sorry. So don't bother with the ticket.

And just so you and all the Paintsville fans know, I live out in the County, but closer to Paintsville's field rather than JC's. I drive by there about every time I go into town.... but the last time I watched a game at Memorial field was the last time the apple bowl was played there. Looks like they've made some nice improvements to the whole complex... but I didn't like going over there before, chances are I'm not gonna like it now.
WideRight05 Wrote:I didn't say all of them were bad. Plus, you were probably on the maroon side of the stands lol.

I was just kinda amazing how to people could go to the same game and have remarkably different experiences.
A few people can make a difference, although I would say it was a bunch for us LOL. Sometimes you'll be near the group that puts a good impression on the program, and sometimes you'll be near the Wideleft's and Wideright's.
I have faint memories of Cawood in the late 70s and early 80s. That stadium wasn't all that bad, but it didn't matter if you went there and lost by 30.........the bus was still gonna get rocked on the way out.
I had a great time at Log Mountain both times I've been. The Mountain was lit up and the fans were classy. Anyone who gets a chance needs to check it out.
WildDawg Wrote:Still hate watching games there. They have no visitor seating.

There is seating on the visitors side at the Rock.
Pikeville, Phelps, Fleming Neon, Phelps again, and Hurley are by far the worst fields/stadiums I've ever been to. Just a nightmare everytime I go there.
Worst field I ever saw was Newport before they got turf, and probably the worst experience I had at a stadium was at Newport after they got turf. Neither time were we playing Newport though, just to clarify.

Best fields/stadiums I've ever been to were Danville, Corbin, and Belfry. Breathitt was cool too, but as others have said the visitors' seating and parking were awful. For me though there is no better place to watch high school football than at The Briar Patch, but I may be a bit biased.
Does anybody else remember "The Dust Bowl" at Fleming-Neon?

That place would be dusty during a typhoon.
Best: Boyle County: Great atmosphere, seating, field, parking, etc. One of my favorite places to go.

Worst: East Jessamine: EJ's home bleachers are like a mile away from the field, but the visitor's bleachers are closer. If I was an EJ fan, I would go the away sidelines.

Anderson County: I really don't want to talk about that...
I love going to watch games at Belfry and Johnson Central. I really wanna go to Putnam, and Bell County's field!
Real Badman Wrote:Pikeville, Phelps, Fleming Neon, Phelps again, and Hurley are by far the worst fields/stadiums I've ever been to. Just a nightmare everytime I go there.
Hurley's field is the most unique field around. You can't name another field that is carved out of mountain and on the visitor's side is "The Cliff" right behind you. I'm sure you don't like the drive over to Hurley(Phelps drive is worst)and I'm sure you would like the visitor seating separate from the home side but when the field was built that is all the land that was available.

I think you should be proud of East Ridge's field but the old Elkhorn City field wasn't much to brag about. I played a JV game there back in the 80's and the field and the facilities sucked.

Shelby Valley has a nice field andthe facilities wasn't too bad,The Cam-good facilities,good field,and good food.
I wasn't too crazy about Williamson,WV's field or facilities.
Daddycat27 Wrote:Best - Harlan county- I can't wait!!!!
Worst- wheelwright and jellico tn.

I guess you haven't been to Jellico latley. They have real nice facilities. i like their bluedevil sign they put on the pressbox.
I miss the old lawrence county field before they redone the stadium.on friday night you could not walk anywhere everyone was on the track in the endzones a crazy place for the other teams. Best place to watch a game is Ashland,worst place ive been to is tolisa wv.lol
Real Badman Wrote:Pikeville, Phelps, Fleming Neon, Phelps again, and Hurley are by far the worst fields/stadiums I've ever been to. Just a nightmare everytime I go there.

Pikeville??? I understand the others, but PIKEVILLE???? That's just bizarre.

Best Stadium: The entire Harlan County complex is simply amazing! Best looking high school campus I've seen.

Worst Stadium: Breathitt County and their metal beams.
Best: Putman Stadium (Ashland) - this history of this stadium alone is worth the price of admission; The Briar Patch (Somerset) - Just a great atmosphere and the visiting bleachers are nice and bigl.; Would love to visit CAM Stadium @ Belfry

Worst: Estill Co. The visiting bleachers are rickety are not tall enough to see over the football players on the visiting sidelines. According to a visiting player who's played there twice, the field is a bit rough, too.
Live Maroon Wrote:Pikeville??? I understand the others, but PIKEVILLE???? That's just bizarre.

Best Stadium: The entire Harlan County complex is simply amazing! Best looking high school campus I've seen.

Worst Stadium: Breathitt County and their metal beams.
I was wondering the same thing....
old_school_hero Wrote:Best: Putman Stadium (Ashland) - this history of this stadium alone is worth the price of admission; The Briar Patch (Somerset) - Just a great atmosphere and the visiting bleachers are nice and bigl.; Would love to visit CAM Stadium @ Belfry

Worst: Estill Co. The visiting bleachers are rickety are not tall enough to see over the football players on the visiting sidelines. According to a visiting player who's played there twice, the field is a bit rough, too.

We really do need better visitor seats. Reason the field is so rough is because all teams play on it. Varsity & JV Football, Boys/Girls Soccer, Middle School football and I think Youth Football League plays there as well
old_school_hero Wrote:Best: Putman Stadium (Ashland) - this history of this stadium alone is worth the price of admission; The Briar Patch (Somerset) - Just a great atmosphere and the visiting bleachers are nice and bigl.; Would love to visit CAM Stadium @ Belfry

Johnson Central played Estill Co. in the '03 season... after reading some of these posts, I remember the field/stadium. And I do remember wishing I was about 7'0 tall when watching that game.
When I lived in Belfry, Putnam was always my absolute favorite place to go on the road... now that I live here CAM Stadium is a place I like to go back and see.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:This Friday I will be at JC watching JC vs. Logan, WV. Sorry. So don't bother with the ticket.

And just so you and all the Paintsville fans know, I live out in the County, but closer to Paintsville's field rather than JC's. I drive by there about every time I go into town.... but the last time I watched a game at Memorial field was the last time the apple bowl was played there. Looks like they've made some nice improvements to the whole complex... but I didn't like going over there before, chances are I'm not gonna like it now.

Compared to the rest of Class-A what paintsville has is pretty nice.
McCameraMan Wrote:I love going to watch games at Belfry and Johnson Central. I really wanna go to Putnam, and Bell County's field!

From what I hear, to see Putnam as it stands now, one must go this year as they are planning on tearing down and rebuilding at the end of the season. It may be nice when they are done but will not be the same.
64cat Wrote:From what I hear, to see Putnam as it stands now, one must go this year as they are planning on tearing down and rebuilding at the end of the season. It may be nice when they are done but will not be the same.

There not tearing it down. More like giving it a makeover. Fixin the foundation,bleachers,and visitors locker room. They put in the new scoreboard a while back and added playclocks. But it is cherished to much to ever be torn down. It will still be Putnam stadium.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:I was wondering the same thing....

Lol! You really couldn't expect anything different from this dude.Confusednicker:
Pages: 1 2 3 4