Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bluegrassrivals.com Rankings 9/10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Class 1A
1. Mayfield
2. Hazard
3. Beechwood
4. Frankfort
5. Williamsburg
6. Raceland
7. Russellville
8. Fairview
9. Harlan
10. Pikeville

Class 2A
1. Owensboro Catholic
2. Somerset
3. Danville
4. Glasgow
5. Newport Central Catholic
6. Murray
7. DeSales
8. Bardstown
9. Lexington Christian
10. Christan Academy-Louisville

Class 3A
1 Central
2. Bell County
3. Breathitt County
4. Belfry
5. Paducah Tilghman
6. Ft. Campbell
7. Bourbon County
8. Wayne County
9. Garrard County
10. Monroe County

Class 4A
1. Highlands
2. Lexington Catholic
3. Covington Catholic
4. Russell Co
5. Ashland Blazer
6. Knox Central
7. Boyle Co
8. Johnson Central
9. Owensboro
10. Taylor Co

Class 5A
1. Bowling Green
2. John Hardin
3. Warren Central
4. Cooper
5. Franklin County
6. Harlan County
7. Conner
8. Greenwood
9. Montgomery County
10.Christian County

Class 6A
1. Trinity
2. St. Xavier
3. Pleasure Ridge Park
4. Butler
5. Eastern
6. Male
7. Scott County
8. Simon Kenton
9. Ballard
10.Bryan Station
^ is Bowling Green #2 in 6A supposed to be St. Xavier?
Class A looks about right.
toussaints Wrote:^ is Bowling Green #2 in 6A supposed to be St. Xavier?

Yea, typo.
Its fixed. Nice catch.
How is Boyle still in the top ten they have 1 win? Also Somerset and Danville 2 and 3? They should be 1 and 2.
cctiger Wrote:How is Boyle still in the top ten they have 1 win? Also Somerset and Danville 2 and 3? They should be 1 and 2.

I believe you're underestimating Owensboro Catholic. They are 4-0 with wins over the likes of Apollo (5A), Daviess County (6A), and Owensboro (4A). The win over Daviess County isn't as impressive as the wins over Apollo & Owensboro, but anytime a 2A team beats a 6A team, it's quite the feat.

Somerset & Danville have impressive victories also, and IMHO I think these 3 teams are pretty much equal.

I'd say you'll see the winner of the Somerset/Danville game in the playoffs will be playing OC in Bowling Green.
I agree about Boyle Co. No way they should be in Top 10 for right now. Like I said, "(FOR RIGHT NOW)".
Bell Co has went 1-1 against top teams in their class.

#2 4A Lex Cath loss 21-7 (Away)
#10 6A Bryan Station won 32-31 OT (Away)

Next Up
#8 3A Wayne Co (Home)
#6 5A Harlan Co (Away)
cov cath and lex cath should be flipped but other than that it's good
cctiger Wrote:How is Boyle still in the top ten they have 1 win? Also Somerset and Danville 2 and 3? They should be 1 and 2.

I think Somerset, Danville and Owensboro Catholic are pretty even. The loss to Simon Kenton keeps Danville at #3 and to this date, OC has played a tougher schedule than Somerset.
in 6 A, Scott Co is to low. PRP is to high.. if PRP can beat Butler, than they will garner top 5 consideration.

BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:I agree about Boyle Co. No way they should be in Top 10 for right now. Like I said, "(FOR RIGHT NOW)".

The reason(s) I still have Boyle in there is:

(1) What other 4A team wouldn't have lost to Highlands and John Hardin. Much less give HHS all they wanted for a half.

(2) How many 4A teams outside of the top 7 or 8 could beat Collins?? many were arguing that they should be much higher than I've ever had them ranked.

(3) IMO there are a handful of teams that could be in the #10 spot....Collins, Lone Oak, North Oldham, Franklin-Simpson, and Warren East are all worthy of argument to be there, but I don't think any would beat Boyle.

I will say that I probably should have went ahead and put Johnson Central in the 7 spot and dropped Boyle to 8th, but I just don't see those other borderline teams being better.......with Boyle's schedule they would all likely be 0-4.
I believe somerset is this good this year, but we'll see after this rough stretch of football games coming up