Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Danville Vs Somerset Regular season and Playoffs.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know it's early but just have to ask can Danville really beat Somerset? I don't see it happening Danville's offense isn't good enough to move the ball against them. I could see Somerset dominating both games. Yes I said both games because who else really in their district could beat either of these two teams? Little Bell County def isn't and LCA isn't the same since their coach was asked to resign 3 years ago.
Danville beats them both times. Danville has been playing better teams. Somerset never has real strong teams.
R u serious? Somerset beat state champion Hazard. You got to know before you post!
Danville has looked good so far this season but I can't say they have shown me anything to make me think this year will be any different than the last three. They are better but so is Somerset. Somerset's physicality will carry them over the Ads yet again. And I'm not so sure I would count out LCA yet, they both played Corbin to similar outcomes.
Danville will will win the regular season game at Danville, which will give them the district title if they can avoid another letdown against LCA.

Then in the playoffs, the Jumpers will have to travel to Danville again if they can win at Prestonsburg.

Doesn't look good for the Jumpers.
I'm telling you, this is the most stacked district in the state. What was the KHSAA thinking ?
Old Jacket 91 Wrote:I'm telling you, this is the most stacked district in the state. What was the KHSAA thinking ?

Let's screw over Middlesboro. Confusednicker:
My thoughts exactly. What were they thinking ?
IMO, Somerset wins both games.
Danville has played much better teams so far this season. Somerset has a couple of really good games coming up (Hazard last week, Breathitt, Glasgow and Whitley) before they play Danville.

Winner of this game will in all liklihood get to host the playoff game between these two. So this district game is very very important.
Danville and Somerset IMO are the 2 best teams in Class AA this season. Somerset has had Danvilles number the past few seasons but so had Boyle Co. untl this season. The winner of this game will be the favorite to win a state title because of homefield advantage in the playoffs.
Danville can beat Somerset. I'm not saying they will but they certainly can. If you think they can't you're only fooling yourself. Again, doesn't mean that Danville will beat Somerset.
Too early to talk about Danville and Somerset. Lot's of Football to play before that Game. Somerset has Breathitt Friday night. I know that is a lot on the plate this week. Coaches and players need to focus on the Bob Cat's. The Danville game will be here soon enough.
The players and coaches definitely should be and are focused on Breathitt Co. to be sure. However, as a die hard Somerset fan and supporter, it's never too early to start talking about the Danville game.
I think saying Lca and Danville playing Corbin to similar scores can't even be compared. Danville came out flat and played flat the whole game.
It doesn't really matter "how" Danville played in those games - the score is what the score is. Last year I remember people trying to discredit the "rivalry" between Somerset and Danville but this thread definitely confirms to me that it is alive and well.
playtowin Wrote:Last year I remember people trying to discredit the "rivalry" between Somerset and Danville but this thread definitely confirms to me that it is alive and well.

My thoughts exactly. This season is lining up to be a thriller.
I see somerset's physical defense over powering Danville's offense in this one like it has in the last three meetings. Somerset wont show the ground and pound like they did in last years meetings just because they have more weapons this year. Somerset takes both.