Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Mason County at Highlands 9/14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who will win this one? predictions below!
HHS easy. Everybody plays!
Hope Highlands has their 3rd string loose in this one.
Mason is a fine program usually pretty good for a school there size. That being said HHS had this one wrapped up by the end of the first quarter.

Highlands 63

Mason- 7
Highlands should have never put this team on the schedule. Complete waste of time.
^^I was wondering about that too? Doesnt seem like a good game for highlands.
Except getting the 3rd&4th string players some game experience.
Wideleft01 Wrote:Highlands should have never put this team on the schedule. Complete waste of time.

Actually the timing of this game, right before CovCath, makes this a smart scheduling move.
Highlands - 21
Mason County - 17
charlie22 Wrote:Actually the timing of this game, right before CovCath, makes this a smart scheduling move.

Chuck, I agree with having a powder puff the week before Covcath, but there's too many of them on the schedule. You can't get rid of Pendleton and Harrison, so attempt to put them before Covcath next rotation. Highlands would benefit more by playing a Lexington powder puff 6a school or an average Ohio team.
If Highlands ever hopes to be considered in the same paragraph with Trinity, they better schedule accordingly. No one in the country plays a more demanding schedule than Trinity. And, of course, that is why Trinity is the gold standard for football in Kentucky. Playing schools like Mason County tarnishes Highland's claim to the silver.
Trinity has a 3 year run of great talent. They just started the monster schedule last year. They usually lost to the Ohio teams prior to the last 2 years. They'll come back to the pack next year.
Mason County - 7
Highlands - 7
WideRight05 Wrote:Highlands - 21
Mason County - 17

Are u trolling highlands fans now? Lol. I will say this if this game is that close I will give you my yearly salary.
Wideleft01 Wrote:Chuck, I agree with having a powder puff the week before Covcath, but there's too many of them on the schedule. You can't get rid of Pendleton and Harrison, so attempt to put them before Covcath next rotation. Highlands would benefit more by playing a Lexington powder puff 6a school or an average Ohio team.

Next rotation they might. But we are dealing with this rotation. I'd rather have Mason County than a really tough game or a bye the week before CovCath. A really tough game could get your players banged up; a bye helps heal, but I think kids start the next game a little off/sluggish right after a bye.

Don't forget: you have to find that Lexington powder puff 6A school or an average Ohio team that is willing to play you. Dale made a lot of phone calls; sent a lot of e mails; and makd a lot of posts on the list serv trying to put the schedule together. Mason County might not provide the greatest challenge, but it beats a 9 game schedule.
charlie22 Wrote:Next rotation they might. But we are dealing with this rotation. I'd rather have Mason County than a really tough game or a bye the week before CovCath. A really tough game could get your players banged up; a bye helps heal, but I think kids start the next game a little off/sluggish right after a bye.

Don't forget: you have to find that Lexington powder puff 6A school or an average Ohio team that is willing to play you. Dale made a lot of phone calls; sent a lot of e mails; and makd a lot of posts on the list serv trying to put the schedule together. Mason County might not provide the greatest challenge, but it beats a 9 game schedule.

I agree 100% with everything you said. I guess Mason County was a necessary evil.
Wideleft01 Wrote:I agree 100% with everything you said. I guess Mason County was a necessary evil.

The other thing about Mason County being on the schedule (which I admit forgetting until I read it on BGP): Mason County was a kind of late fill-in after Mason High School (out of Ohio) backed out of an oral agreement to play Highlands.
charlie22 Wrote:The other thing about Mason County being on the schedule (which I admit forgetting until I read it on BGP): Mason County was a kind of late fill-in after Mason High School (out of Ohio) backed out of an oral agreement to play Highlands.

[Image: evil-logo-t-shirt.png]
I'd say when Highlands scheduled this, Mason was in it's years of Neal Pawsat, Josh Harris, etc. They were going 9-1 and 10-0 each season. Highlands expected a decent game, Mason County probably wanted a tough opponent because those 10-0 seasons were against mostly weak teams and a schlacking makes for a good wakeup call (Remember, they lost 2nd round of the playoffs three straight years)
This one will be over by the end of the first quarter. Highlands 66 Mason,Co 12.
Feel bad for Mason Cty...

HHS 72
Mason Co. 21 ---2 scores vs. Highlands frosh in the 4th....
^ No way! Maybe two scores when HHS gets on the bus!
id laugh if mason snuck up and pulled one off on the birds. it wont happen but i would love it
Highlands
Saw Mason County play down here at Lafayette and they look horrible. Highlands should have their JV team late in the 2nd quarter and beginning of 3rd. Should have their freshman team playing the rest of the 4th quarter.
Wideleft01 Wrote:Chuck, I agree with having a powder puff the week before Covcath, but there's too many of them on the schedule. You can't get rid of Pendleton and Harrison, so attempt to put them before Covcath next rotation. Highlands would benefit more by playing a Lexington powder puff 6a school or an average Ohio team.

Your statement is close as far as Lexington 6A are powder puff games. It is not a football area. More baseball kids comes out of this area and are doing well in the next level.
Wideleft01 Wrote:Highlands should have never put this team on the schedule. Complete waste of time.

If Mason (OH) high school hadn't backed out, the Birds would not have had the Royals on the schedule. I understand this game is the 2nd in a 2 game series.
TNT-MB1 Wrote:Feel bad for Mason Cty...

HHS 72
Mason Co. 21 ---2 scores vs. Highlands frosh in the 4th....

Frosh won't dress for this one... or any other game until the playoffs.
Highlands 61, Mason County 3. Essentially no rushing plays the ENTIRE game (except for some runs by the QB on busted pass plays). All passing plays to get ready for Cov Cath.