Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Simon Kenton 31 Holmes 7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Game called at the half due to lightning. Holmes coach and AD didn't want to finish. SK's JR, QB had around 230 passing and 3 TD's in a half. wide right you were way off as usual.Confusednicker:
final, game was called at halftime due to lightning
could a mod take down the game thread that i created at the same time as hop?
^
Fixed
A lot of yards and points in only one half!
toussaints Wrote:final, game was called at halftime due to lightning

Was scratching my head!
Good win for the neers.
Simon Kenton is playing with a lot of confidence and with a chip on their shoulder. the coaching staff and players are doing a great job
Holmes scores first on a fumble recovery from about 45 yds? out and it was all SK from there. SK seems to be getting better every week. @NCC next Saturday.
Wow hop, I figured SK to be better than Holmes, but 31 in 1 half is a lot more impressive than I expected
toussaints Wrote:Simon Kenton is playing with a lot of confidence and with a chip on their shoulder. the coaching staff and players are doing a great job

Correct, I think all the media disrespect they got preseason has lit a fire in there belly. They made a couple good hires in the coaching ranks as well.
Stardust Wrote:Wow hop, I figured SK to be better than Holmes, but 31 in 1 half is a lot more impressive than I expected

You think I was wanting to see the 2nd half?? :HitWall: Really thought Holmes would want to make the game up.
There were times last season when it seemed Simon Kenton needed an act of God to get into the end zone.

Last night, it took one to keep them out.

With the Pioneers leading Holmes by a score of 31 -7 at the half, both teams agreed to call the game following a 30-minute lightning delay. The score will stand as final and the remainder of the game will not be made up.

• Take our high school nicknames quiz
• Enquirer's Recruiting Trail blog
• Enquirer high school sports blog
• Check us out on Facebook
• More prep coverage

The inclement weather ended an offensive outburst by a Pioneer team that spent the majority of last season with a sea of grass and stenciled chalk between itself and the end zone.

Simon Kenton (4-0), ranked fifth in the Enquirer Northern Kentucky coaches’ poll, scored a total of 101 points in 11 games last year. Even with Friday’s truncated contest, the Pioneers have put up 81 points in their last two contests alone.

“We were just so young and so inexperienced and so little last year that we just got pushed around,” Simon Kenton coach Jeff Marksberry said. “We had a great offseason and our kids have matured physically and mentally.”

A big part of the team’s offensive rebirth has been the development of junior quarterback Brenen Kuntz. As a sophomore last year, Kuntz threw a grand total of four touchdown passes during his baptism by fire.

He tossed three touchdowns last night in the first half alone on his way to 239 passing yards.

“(Kuntz) has such a command of our offense now and that’s really been the difference - the confidence he has in what we do,” Marksberry said.

The Bulldogs (2-1), ranked eighth in the Enquirer Northern Kentucky coaches’ poll, led briefly in the opening quarter when junior defensive back Jonathan Scruggs returned a Pioneer fumble 40 yards for a touchdown. Scruggs’ runback saw him rumble all the way from one sideline to the other and then shed multiple tacklers in the final yards before reaching the end zone.

It would be the lone offensive highlight for Holmes.

Playing without injured senior quarterback Rashawn Coston, the Bulldogs picked up only three first downs in the opening half and were forced to punt on every offensive possession.

The Pioneers followed Holmes’ lone score with 31 unanswered points. That eruption included an 80-yard screen pass from Kuntz to senior running back Andrew Sampson and a 67-yard scoring strike to Logan Winkler, who Kuntz hit in stride as the sophomore receiver galloped down the sideline completely uncovered.

Six Pioneer receivers caught passes in the game. That well-spread distribution comes a week after 10 different Simon Kenton players caught passes in the team’s 50-7 victory over Pulaski County.

“We feel like we’ve got kids that we can get the ball to,’ Marksberry said. “Our receivers have done a really good job of running good routes, being disciplined and catching the football when they’ve had the opportunity.”http://nky.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...309070153/
Holmes 7 0 x x -- 7
Simon Kenton 16 15 x x -- 31

H - Jo. Scruggs 40 fumble return (Gullett kick)
SK - Wassom 12 pass from Kuntz (Huesman pass from Swanson)
SK - Sampson 80 pass from Kuntz (Huesman pass from Swanson)
SK -Winkler 67 pass from Kuntz (Smith kick)
SK - Sampson 20 run (Swanson run)
1-0 every week! That's there motto. There offseason conditioning program has paid off for them.
SK keeps on rolling. Congrats Pioneers!