Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Russell Co 28 Pulaski Co. 14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How about this one. alot closer then expected
MUCH closer than expected!
Center Jalen Bennett should be the player of the game because Russell Co's offense couldn't get anything going in the 1st half while he was hurt.

It was ugly with turnovers, MULTIPLE personal fouls, an awful head referee, and 7 minute Pulaski Co. drives. Rip the team during film session Sunday and burn the tape.
The score was actually "Russell County 28, Pulaski County 14" The KHSAA tweeted it: Football: Russell County 28 Pulaski County 14 #khsfb
Oh yeah, it was 28-14, I didn't even notice the score in the title. As soon as PC cut it to 21-14 Nick Britt scored from 50 yards out on his first touch.
daybowbow Wrote:Oh yeah, it was 28-14, I didn't even notice the score in the title. As soon as PC cut it to 21-14 Nick Britt scored from 50 yards out on his first touch.

I was listening on the radio headed back to EKU. can some one fix the score
Surprised PC kept it this close.

Sounds like it was a nasty game though
Surprised it was so close as well, PC will continue to get better each week as the young guys develop. Congrats to Russell County!
At least 7 personal fouls that I can recall.
10+ botched snaps for Russell Co.
Russell Co. fumbled twice inside of Pulaski Co's 10.
Pulaski Co's drives were 80 yards and 99 yards and both took 7+ minutes.

Like I said, just an ugly, non-Russell Co. type game.
Sounds like Russell just had a bad game.
It happens to all teams at some point.

A win is a win.
I was standing on the sideline at one point between the second and third string centers who were out for this game for various reasons. When Jalen went out we were in trouble. U G L Y Game! In years past we would have lost a game like this. Glad to have the win! Maybe the players and coaches will realize that we still have ALOT of work to do! Move on and get better...next game...North Laurel.
There were at least 9 fumbles on the snap exchange with 2 lost (one on the 1 ft line) inside the 10 costing scores. There were probably another 9 bobbled snaps that held the offense back a bit. But other than that this was actually a pretty good game for both teams. So for me the ugly part was really just the snap problems and the head referee.

The game started out with back to back stops. Then both teams scored to make it 7-7. RC scored again with a few minutes remaining in the 1st half to make the score 14-7 at half. In the second half Russell Co really played with more controlled, and the Maroons, with the help of a lot of penalty yards, used up 15 minutes of clock. The Maroons final scoring drive was kept alive on multiple occasions because of at least 2 (maybe 3) personal fouls called against the Lakers during the drive.

The Laker defense played very solid, and this was a great game for both teams to have gone through. Due to all the boched snaps, the Lakers faced several 3rd and longs, which forced more passing......a good thing IMO. To me Pulaski was better up front than Whitley Co, but didn't have as many potential offensive weapons. They will be a solid team by year end.

One thing I finally came to grips with in this game.........as Lucas Williams continues to develop he has a strong possibility of not just playing on Saturdays, but likely Sundays as well. He is quite possibly one of the most pure kickers I have ever watched in HS or college. Missed a 46-yard FG attempt by a few inches wide but crossed the field goal plane above the tops of the post. This kid could hit from 58-60 if given the opportunity and a good hold. But he did have his first kick-off of the year returned tonight.
The field goal was 53 yards and yes it would have been good from 60+ if he wouldn't have hooked it. Being a kicker, he's likely not going to get a D1 scholarship, but he's smart enough and good enough to walk-on nearly anywhere he wants and earn one in 1 or 2 years.
Lakers had the same head referee at South Laurel last year where the guy called multiple personnel fouls at that time also on Russell County. That was the game that a lineman for Russell got 2 unsportsmanlike conduct penalties called on him by the same referee that cost that lineman 1 or 2 games on the bench.
The KHSAA only requires 1 game for an ejection for that.
9/7/2012
Russell Co. 28 Pulaski Co. 14
Pulaski Co. 0 7 0 7 14
Russell Co. 0 14 7 7 28
Scoring summary:
R--Lee Cox 18 fumble return (Lucas Williams kick); P--Tyler Goins 5 run (Derek Burgett kick); R--Blake Ellis 11 pass from Barton Mann (Williams kick); R--Nick Britt 14 run (Williams kick); P--Goins 20 run (Burgett kick); R--Britt 50 run (Williams kick).
Records: Pulaski Co. 1-2, Russell Co. 4-0.

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2012/08/16/23013...rylink=cpy
Also, I do believe you might be incorrect about it being the same guy.
zebra'seyes Wrote:Also, I do believe you might be incorrect about it being the same guy.

Player lost 1 game plus ejection of game he was playing. My apologies if I was incorrect on this being the same referee. You are generally correct on the officials, Zebra, so if you are quite sure he is not the same guy then I apologize to both for my error.