Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Jenkins 28 Paintsville 22
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Cavs continue surprising season with a nice 28-22 win over Paintsville. Way to go, boys!!
Congrats Cavs. 3/4 to start the season not bad at all for Jenkins.

What has happen to football program over there in Paintsville?
Congratulations Cavs. 3-1 with Jackson County, and KCC up next. Don't know what type of team Jackson County has, but I wouldn't mind seeing Jenkins start the season at 5-1. I don't think they will have too much trouble with KCC.
Are the goal posts still standing?
Nice win for the Cavs!
congrats to Jenkins
Nice win Jenkins. 3-1 one. Had Jenkins ever beat Paintsville?
To the best of my knowledge this was
The very first time Jenkins has beaten Paintsville.
I'd love to see Jenkins end up with a 8-2 record and a home playoff game....

If any team in the state deserves some football love, it's gotta be Jenkins.
Jenkins can easily go 6-1, the Only trouble with that is Pineville.
They have them at home though, and with the whole community back through Cavs, "Cavalier Country" is a tough place to play. They should have no problem with Jackson County or Knott, so Let's show some love for the Cavs.
First of all, big congrats to the Cavs on the win. Secondly, hopefully these kids are learning with every practice and game cause it will be be hard to keep them motivated the rest of the season. I haven't heard any stats so I don't know what to say. Did Jenkins play 10 in the box? Just wondering.
TigerBlues Wrote:First of all, big congrats to the Cavs on the win. Secondly, hopefully these kids are learning with every practice and game cause it will be be hard to keep them motivated the rest of the season. I haven't heard any stats so I don't know what to say. Did Jenkins play 10 in the box? Just wondering.
Jenkins did bring the blitz all night and made it tough on the Tigers. This is going to happen for the rest of the year because we aren't very accurate in our passing game. I still think our play calling is costing us these close games. We should be 2-1 right now because Magoffin was much better than us. We should've beat Paris and Jenkins but our offensive game plan has shot us in the foot. I think Paintsville has caused close to 10 turnovers in three games. The only problem is we can't make teams pay. It's frustrating seeing our boys lose games we should win. :HitWall:
Was in belfry so I didnt get to catch this game. Congrats to the cavs on a great season so far. And as for Paintsville keep your heads up boys it will get better.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Was in belfry so I didnt get to catch this game. Congrats to the cavs on a great season so far. And as for Paintsville keep your heads up boys it will get better.

I also went to Belfry which I wish I wouldn't have. It ended up being a running clock. Sounds like the Tigers had there chances. PTF do you have any stats for this game or an "true" observation from a credible sourse?
This must be that great 8th grade team Jenkins had a few years ago.
Good win for the Cav's. Don't get down Paintsville,Jenkins isn't a bad team and you almost got'em.
Ike Cooter Wrote:I also went to Belfry which I wish I wouldn't have. It ended up being a running clock. Sounds like the Tigers had there chances. PTF do you have any stats for this game or an "true" observation from a credible sourse?

I havent really heard anything from anyone. I wont get to talk to anyone who went till probably monday. when I do Ill post what I hear.
Runnin Wrote:Jenkins can easily go 6-1, the Only trouble with that is Pineville.
They have them at home though, and with the whole community back through Cavs, "Cavalier Country" is a tough place to play. They should have no problem with Jackson County or Knott, so Let's show some love for the Cavs.

The only trouble is Pineville? Is Harlan an easy win?
HDE Wrote:The only trouble is Pineville? Is Harlan an easy win?

He meant being 6-1 out of the first 7 games.
Congratulations, Jenkins! It's nice to see you having a great season. Keep it up.
theoldballcoach Wrote:Jenkins did bring the blitz all night and made it tough on the Tigers. This is going to happen for the rest of the year because we aren't very accurate in our passing game. I still think our play calling is costing us these close games. We should be 2-1 right now because Magoffin was much better than us. We should've beat Paris and Jenkins but our offensive game plan has shot us in the foot. I think Paintsville has caused close to 10 turnovers in three games. The only problem is we can't make teams pay. It's frustrating seeing our boys lose games we should win. :HitWall:

Interesting coach. I figured they would fill the box all night, after talking with someone that attended it was clear that the Tigers really missed their starting center. Still havent seen any stats on this one, hope we didnt drop anymore td passes which have killed us through the first two games or it would be a different record for the tigers.
I was at the game, and the first half was a dog fight being tied 14-14 at the half. Paintsville did a good job against the Jenkins passing game and made Jenkins drive down the field to earn scores. Jenkins had 2 TO's the 1st half, one being in the red zone. It was a good game overall and both teams showed great effort.
Go Big Green!:Thumbs:
FIRST Wrote:This must be that great 8th grade team Jenkins had a few years ago.

All there is from that team is the QB and the linebacker.
Same group of kids that have been through all the losses, with 10 seniors I think.
Jenkins has a lot of good skill players and they are all Seniors, the QB is a freshman and is playing pretty well so far this season. Personally I think Maggard leaving was a blessing.
the cavs have surprised me this season they actually are having a winning season keep it up boys
The_/\/\ad_Scientist Wrote:Jenkins has a lot of good skill players and they are all Seniors, the QB is a freshman and is playing pretty well so far this season. Personally I think Maggard leaving was a blessing.

:thatsfunn
:Thumbs:
Why issn't Prater Helton running the football from the full back postion and not playing linebacker. Also Blake Williams is another kid that should be on the field alot. We don't have enough kids not to play our best football players both ways.!!!! I don't care what class of football you play in you have to play your best players. BOTTOM LINE!!!!!!
Got to listen to this one. Tough loss for the young Tigers. But, they battled to the bitter end. Can't wait to see you guys at home this weekend! Got a good feeling about that one.