Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lindsey Wilson College Freshman dies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:LWC baseball and entire campus mourns the loss of Caleb Capps
COLUMBIA, Ky. -- Members of the Lindsey Wilson College baseball team mourned the death of teammate Caleb Capps of Edmonton, Ky., who died in a car accident Thursday night in northern Adair County.
LWC baseball coach Jonathan Burton said that Capps was a driven, passionate individual that loved the game of baseball.
"Anytime you get the news that one of your student-athletes has lost his life, you immediately begin to feel broken and saddened," Burton said. "Words cannot express the sorrow I feel for Caleb and his family.
"He always had a smile on his face. He was very well mannered with a drive to succeed. I consider him a young man that always wanted to go out of his way to help anyone he could -- that's a Godly trait."
Chavis McDermott of Greensburg, Ky. said that he and Caleb went from high school rivals to teammates and friends this summer.
"I played against him throughout high school and we were rivals," McDermott said. "But that changed this summer as we both played on the Post 65 Mustangs and from the first day of practice this summer Caleb had a huge smile on his face. It was kind of his trademark.
"He was the man people wanted to be. Although he wasn't the biggest guy in the world, he played like it. He gave it all he had every play. He was a great ball player and even better guy. Some of the memories we shared in the dugout and hotel rooms will stay with me forever. I'm blessed I was able to be share time with Caleb and be his teammate."
Tyler Hammer of Glasgow, Ky. said Caleb was a great teammate and an even better friend.
"I lived in the same town as Caleb and played ball against him my whole life," Hammer said. "This summer I had the privilege to be on the same team as Caleb and I remember him always leaving everything out on the field and did it with a big smile on his face.
"Baseball meant everything to him. He was a great teammate but an even better friend. The memories we had this summer in hotels and on the field will never be forgotten. I will miss looking over at third base and see him giving it his all."
Burton said the team will honor Capps' memory throughout the upcoming season.
"Baseball was his life and he enjoyed playing it very much," Burton said. "The ironic thing is that five hours before the accident I was instructing Caleb on the baseball field -- then several hours later he was taken from us.
"Our team will need to pull together now more than ever, to ensure that we are always looking out for one another and representing Caleb in everything we do this season. Caleb Capps was a very talented young man that will be dearly missed."

http://www.lindseyathletics.com/article/3981.php
---------

What a sad sad story. Please keep this family and the Lindsey Wilson College community in your prayers. We are not a large school, but everyone hurts when tragic events like these seem to happen annually to this college.
Oh my. Prayers go out to the family and all those hurt by this tragedy.
LWC Wrote:http://www.lindseyathletics.com/article/3981.php
---------

What a sad sad story. Please keep this family and the Lindsey Wilson College community in your prayers. We are not a large school, but everyone hurts when tragic events like these seem to happen annually to this college.

"The ironic thing is that five hours before the accident I was instructing Caleb on the baseball field"

This kind of thing just kills me. Family is such a precious gift, it defies description by words. This gift occupies the same place in the heart as does the conscience, love of life, the love of God and the peace those who know Him as savior. Loss like this cannot be expained, rather by the grace of God, it can only be endured. That promise of success which was Calleb's is suddenly gone. One minute so full of life one can feel the energy of his youth spilling over onto them when close by, the next he is gone. I have always found it impossible to wrap my head around the tragedy of the loss of one so full of life. I will certainly pray for Caleb's family, and that some glad day they will be reunited. As I will pray for the Lord's hand of protection for all the youth of our land while they are away at school.
You said it all TRT, and much more eloquently that I could have...
Prayers to the family, friends, and teamates. So sad.