Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville 3 Paintsville 0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pikeville takes down Paintsville at Paintsville in straight sets (25-17, 30-28, 25-20) and runs their record to 16-5. Quickly approaching best single season record in the school's history. They are now off until the 11th, good time to rest up from the recent run of tourney games and other games. Great job, Lady Panthers!
A very impressive win. Paintsville's coach had a career record of
21-3 at home going in to this one - 15-1 since the beginning of last season (the lone loss coming last season to the region champion Allen Central). To do it in straight sets - wow, hats off to Pikeville.

East Ridge seems to possibly have their mojo back. A totally dominant 25-10, 25-13, 25-17 win over Johnson Central last night. Sep 13th is quickly approaching - not sure if our hearts will be able to take it!
BBN4EVER Wrote:A very impressive win. Paintsville's coach had a career record of
21-3 at home going in to this one - 15-1 since the beginning of last season (the lone loss coming last season to the region champion Allen Central). To do it in straight sets - wow, hats off to Pikeville.

East Ridge seems to possibly have their mojo back. A totally dominant 25-10, 25-13, 25-17 win over Johnson Central last night. Sep 13th is quickly approaching - not sure if our hearts will be able to take it!
I agree. And it didn't come easy, for sure. Paintsville battled and defended their turf very admirably. Hats off to them, as well. I think the 13th is going to be loads of fun! Congrats to ER on defeating Johnson Central as well.

In other news, the KVCA newest polls are out and have me scratching my head a little. Somehow, despite Pikeville's fairly impressive season so far, they managed to put Pikeville 4th behind Allen Central, Betsy Layne, East Ridge, and followed by Paintsville in the 15th. I just don't see how they have Pikeville behind Betsy Layne at this point in time. Not to say Betsy Layne couldn't beat Pikeville, but I think PHS has more to show for their season at this point in time. Oh well, polls are just for debate anyway, it counts on the floor more.
Wow. Didn't know about that. I do know the KVCA polls are voted on by member coaches - to my knowledge only about half of the coaches in our region belong to KVCA. I will say that Betsy Layne has been able to give Allen Central everything they wanted and more on two occasions now - but to me, a loss is a loss. Other than that, looking over their schedules and looking at common opponents, it does appear that Pikeville has beaten the teams a little more handily than Betsy Layne has. However, you hit the nail on the head! Polls are pointless. The way I see it, there are 6-8 teams that have a legitimate shot at winning region this year, and really, that's all that matters.