Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Campbell County 36 - Newport Catholic 33 (FROSH)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
And the Camels complete the sweep
Hahahahahahagagaahahagahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah NCC is a joke!!!!!
Ncc must've thought they had a chance since they didn't cancel the game.
NCC only has 23 kids on their Freshman team. CC had 42. Fresh legs went out second half for CC that made the difference.

Ugly win for CC but I am sure they will take it.
The big question is "Does ncc show up on Sept 19th?"
BIGman88 Wrote:NCC only has 23 kids on their Freshman team. CC had 42. Fresh legs went out second half for CC that made the difference.

You could see it. When NCC made that last drive to score and take the 33-30 lead, you could see their were SHOT! Camels just drove the ball straight down their throats!

??? - with all the camps that Wilson has been to, how can he still be throwing flat footed? He has to get off of that back foot - that is GLARING! Put this young man on the sideline and throw, throw, throw, throw!
BIGman88 Wrote:NCC only has 23 kids on their Freshman team. CC had 42. Fresh legs went out second half for CC that made the difference.

23 kids is a good sized class. Hopefully those guys keep at it.

If CC has as good as a Freshman team as we are led to believe, then Beechwood's must be out of this world.
Wideleft01 Wrote:The big question is "Does ncc show up on Sept 19th?"

Bigger question is where you will be tailgating before the Freshman game. Are you bummed that it's still too warm to wear your letterman jacket to the game?
good win cc
30 going on 40 Wrote:Bigger question is where you will be tailgating before the Freshman game. Are you bummed that it's still too warm to wear your letterman jacket to the game?

I'm wearing it. It's a little small, but it still has state title patches.
Wideleft01 Wrote:I'm wearing it. It's a little small, but it still has state title patches.

Sweet.
If Ncc got 23 per grade they'd have a 69 man roster or 92 if they dressed the frosh on Friday night. Any little school team would take that. I feel safe in saying many of the Campbell freshmen don't see the field in a close game.
Stardust Wrote:You could see it. When NCC made that last drive to score and take the 33-30 lead, you could see their were SHOT! Camels just drove the ball straight down their throats!

??? - with all the camps that Wilson has been to, how can he still be throwing flat footed? He has to get off of that back foot - that is GLARING! Put this young man on the sideline and throw, throw, throw, throw!

He has been told. One of the more prestigious camps he went to has him throwing flat footed. Said he had to much footwork. I don't agree. You gotta move to move forward. With all that being said he is only 14. Albeit 6'5" 225lb 14. Watch out, he will start next year as a sophomore and do Pretty well.
Chorn Wrote:If Ncc got 23 per grade they'd have a 69 man roster or 92 if they dressed the frosh on Friday night. Any little school team would take that. I feel safe in saying many of the Campbell freshmen don't see the field in a close game.

This is true, but at least 30 played last night out of 42. Maybe not significant minutes but minutes none the less.
Stardust Wrote:You could see it. When NCC made that last drive to score and take the 33-30 lead, you could see their were SHOT! Camels just drove the ball straight down their throats!

Sounds like you were at the game last night.....??????
^ I was indeed! I plan to be there tonight! So, is Coopers D really that good? What have you seen from films?
BIGman88 Wrote:He has been told. One of the more prestigious camps he went to has him throwing flat footed. Said he had to much footwork. I don't agree. You gotta move to move forward. With all that being said he is only 14. Albeit 6'5" 225lb 14. Watch out, he will start next year as a sophomore and do Pretty well.

Correction, he is 15 - and yes, he will be the starter! As for too much footwork, no such thing. It's hard to believe that any camp worth it's weight would ever tell a QB to throw flat-footed! Throwing flat footed cause you to loft the ball. Each INT that I have seen in Frosh and JV, he has lofted the ball. I'm not knocking him, but that has to be fixed in order to proceed forward.

Who is #85? I could hear coaches yelling at him on the return4TD to RUN! Are they blind? The kid did something that CANNOT be taught, he read that play, he found the weakness in the D, and he jetted to the outside! That was one of the most pure football-instinct play I have seen at the Freshman level in years! He did the same thing on a reception later in the game! I'm not saying he's good quite yet, but the instincts you cannot team!

FYI - I got an email that the Camels were selected at Tri-State Football's team of the week for their win over NCC Friday - Congrats Camels.
Stardust Wrote:Correction, he is 15 - and yes, he will be the starter! As for too much footwork, no such thing. It's hard to believe that any camp worth it's weight would ever tell a QB to throw flat-footed! Throwing flat footed cause you to loft the ball. Each INT that I have seen in Frosh and JV, he has lofted the ball. I'm not knocking him, but that has to be fixed in order to proceed forward.

Who is #85? I could hear coaches yelling at him on the return4TD to RUN! Are they blind? The kid did something that CANNOT be taught, he read that play, he found the weakness in the D, and he jetted to the outside! That was one of the most pure football-instinct play I have seen at the Freshman level in years! He did the same thing on a reception later in the game! I'm not saying he's good quite yet, but the instincts you cannot team!

FYI - I got an email that the Camels were selected at Tri-State Football's team of the week for their win over NCC Friday - Congrats Camels.

I am sorry I did not think he turned 15 yet. Most of those boys have not yet. I forget what camp told him, but its one of the big ones. Coach Schrader is working with him to get out of the habit.

No. 85 is Dustin Turner. 2nd year player. While you saw a moment of brilliance that is all it is. He is still learning the game. His problem is that he thinks he is better than he is. He has to be reminded that he still has a lot to learn. When he embraces his coaching watch out!!!! Quick, gifted and flat out determination. He was loafing because he did not get to start last night. That was why we were yelling to RUN!!!!!

I saw the Camels were selected the team of the week. For what thats worth. We have a big one tonight and we have to focus.
As Dusty said, ive never heard of any camp much less a good camp telling a player to throw flat footed.
Any and every coach should know, along with players once there in high school, that you have to throw off your front foot if you want the power and accuracy.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:As Dusty said, ive never heard of any camp much less a good camp telling a player to throw flat footed.
Any and every coach should know, along with players once there in high school, that you have to throw off your front foot if you want the power and accuracy.

I agree. Matt told me what camp told him this but I don't remember. It was in Akron, OH. But never the less he is working on it and will be better next week. Camels Frosh have a bye since Holy Cross does not have a freshman team.

They don't need a bye they need to keep playing. Captain Momentum is on their side they need to keep going. They play Beechwood next.
Stardust Wrote:Correction, he is 15 - and yes, he will be the starter! As for too much footwork, no such thing. .

I talked to Matt and his Dad this past weekend and he turns 15 on Sept. 29th.