Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kurt Angel rips CM Punk, "He's not the best in the world"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Kurt Angle is back at it again on Twitter. WWE Champion CM Punk calls himself the “Best in the World” – and Pro Wrestling Illustrated magazine recently gave Punk their endorsement by ranking him at #1 on this year’s PWI Top 500 list.

Kurt Angle, a vocal critic of Punk in recent months, doesn’t agree with Punk being ranked at #1 – or him being in the top 10 at all. Angle tweeted on Tuesday:

Quote: Kurt Angle

@RealKurtAngle
Punk is not in top 10. Pwi is About title Runs. Not Wrestling. Orton is Better. AJ, Roode, Aries, Me: are Better.
4 Sep 12 ReplyRetweetFavorite

What do you guys think – is CM Punk deserving of being called the Best In the World? If he’s not #1, is he in the Top 10?

http://www.sescoops.com/kurt-angle-rips-...en-top-10/
Kurt & Punk have some beef recently.

Punk should be #1 tho.

If they had a legit fight tho, Kurt would maul him.
I agree with Kurt ,
Thats what happens whens marks rate wrestlers in a book. Everyone in wrestling knows Kurt Angle is the best. Guys its all a work Vince could take our mamaw and make her the 2013 pwi #1 wrestler of the year beating everyone with a spinning wet willy .
This is when guys start believing in their gimmick! Kurt's comments were completely senseless in a industry that has WORKED matches! Kurt, do you remember when you were spraying milk out of a truck, a rip off of Stone Cold's beer, well you made your name because of that - NOT because you were a gold medalist!
Well stardust you are wrong. All wrestlers take pride in their in ring ability and to be honest Kurt Angle is the best wrestler in the business. Yes its all a work but they are a different in workers. The days of workers like Shawn Michaels, Rick Flair, Eddie Gurrero, Dynamite kid, Dean Melanko are done. You better watch Angle and enjoy what he gives you because when he is gone its over. Guys like CM Punk and Cena are whats killing wrestling today and oh its true its true its Damn true.
^ LOL, are you serious??? It's a work, and wrestlers know it! Professional Wrestling has very little to do with Wrestling! He who makes MONEY is the BEST wrestler in the world!!!! aka - Hulk Hogan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I belly laughed at this one! Its all in the show - Paul Giamatti is a GREAT actor, but nobody pays money to go see Paul Giamatti! Sylvestor Stallone is a HORRIBLE action, but people dump Buckets of money into the theatres to see Sly. It's the same thing in wrestling! If you want to say who the BEST in the world is in professional wrestling, it's not Angle or Punk. Educate yourself and watch the BEST WRESTLERS IN THE WORLD! - Hiroshi Tanahashi, Go Shiozaki, Prince Devitt, Davey Richards!!!!!!!!
are u kidding me. Have u ever been in a wrestling ring ? Trust me those guys could not carry angles jock to the ring in a suit case. If he was there he would tell them that to. Trust me yes it all fake, yes its who put ass in seats and truthfully thats Vince. He can push who he wants and how he wants.
^ Yes, Yes I have! Add a few other members on this site who have as well Wink
In a straight up shoot, there aren't many guys Angle couldn't take. In his, physical and mental prime, there was no one that he could not take especially in the U.S. Japan, however, is a completly different animal. The line between reality and work is much more blurred and you, pretty much, have to be able to handle yourself in a very real atmosphere if you plan on working there.

In terms of "worked matches", Angle is still one of the best. The label of "best worker" has always puzzled me considering the nature of the business. I think there are guys like Angle who can go out to the ring with anyone and have a good/great match and, then, there are guys that are only capable of great matches if they have a great opponent. To me, Punk seems to be one of those guys. Just my opinion, as I am sure the internet world would hang me for that statement. And that is probably more of an indictment on the WWE talent development system than it is Punk. Very few guys have had the ability to make chicken salad out of chicken poop. Sadly, most WWE "Superstars" are in that same group in that they can have a good match against good talent, but can't drag a good match out of someone that just isn't that good.

The quote that Stardust gave from Hogan is, probably, the best answer if you consider the whole concept of what professional wrestling is intended to be.
^ great post. There are great workers, and there are great shooters. Angle would have very few who could hang with him in a shoot. Punk has what made Ric Flair so great - that ability to take a broomstick and turn it into a 5 star match. Ric Flair was admittedly not a tough guy, thus there were many who were better legitimate wrestlers. If someone like Jack Brisco or Harley Race WANTED to beat Ric Flair, they could have quite easily. But Flair took Rassling to the greatest height of any time in the industry. We have a few guys now, but the 80's was loaded with guys like Flair, Steamboat, Savage, Henning - all guys who were stiff and untalented in the art. But they took these guys and made them superstars! I am obviously a tremendous Dusty mark! But Flair and Harley helped make him a great worker. Dusty was a great example of a guy who could follow the lead of a Flair and put on a 5 star match. He could then go to WWWF and have a 5 star match by leading the incredibly ungifted Superstar Billy Graham!

Today, Punk, Styles, Samoa Joe and Bryan are they guys who can wrestle anyone and make the other guy a star. Kurt is a great shooter, but he has always struggled making the bigger guys look credible. Kurt's greatest matches came against guys his size and ability to move. Those four guys above can take the Monster and make them look great!
I have been in ring with both angle and punk and it's not even close. Angle the better shooter and worker. The seco d best athlete was sheltan Benjamin and he could not get over. Trust me. The guys u listed above are rotten Soma joe. Angle has a baby brother that tried to wrestle and his name was Eric and he couldn't make the jump from amateur to sports entertainment wrestling. These new guys like punk is what is killing wrestling.
By the way ovw is looking to put a new school in at either hazard or pikeville
oldjackets Wrote:I have been in ring with both angle and punk and it's not even close. Angle the better shooter and worker. The seco d best athlete was sheltan Benjamin and he could not get over. Trust me. The guys u listed above are rotten Soma joe. Angle has a baby brother that tried to wrestle and his name was Eric and he couldn't make the jump from amateur to sports entertainment wrestling. These new guys like punk is what is killing wrestling.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:
I agree with Angle being a better shooter and worker than most, and that Shelton Benjamin was a personality away from being a mega star.
Kurt Angle is in my top 10, CM Punk doesn't even fall in the top 50 for me.. but thats how it is for me, and my opinion is worthless. But it is my opinion ;p