Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Best all around players in 13th?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Give some names
Is marcus Carson the best?
Tyler Boggs, Harlan County

I'm pretty certain he's the best catcher in the region.
He's probably the best pitcher in the region.
He's one of the best hitters in the region.

Marcus Carson and Alex Sears are also near the top. I'm guessing Carson is the best outfielder in the region and Sears is the best infielder.
I'll take Carson for sure. Even though I'm not sold on his actually hitting game, he is a very tough out. Tremendous defensively and a very solid pitcher as well.

I think the University of Kentucky would agree.
Im not saying this year but in upcoming years Middlesboro has great potential
Quote:Im not saying this year but in upcoming years Middlesboro has great potential

What class?
I would Tyler Boggs from Harlan County for all around with Marcus Carson pretty much right there with him.
The jackets sophomore class is pretty talented and with new coach John smith they should be great
I cant wait till the season starts, I truly believe there will be at least 2 darkhorse teams that will emerge and make some serious noise in the region this year.
John Smith will have the Jackets ready to roll!!! Maybe getting Wilson back out the Mound with Crawford,Fraizer,Yockum and company! Millet will have to change his mouth or he wont last! Smith runs a tight ship still pretty high in strikeouts in a career for KHSAA Maybe a suprise to some but not a ton
middlesboro is going to be very tough again this season. They replaced there shortstop with a great ball player. he cant hit, pitch, field and make accurate throws from anypart of the diamond. coach smith has got john millet lined up on the mought throwing mid 80's. dont forget lucas crawford winning 10 games last year, placing the ball anywhere he wants. the center fielder jake brock can catch a cold in the desert. he can lay down a bunt and run it out thenturn around and put one across the fence. he may be little in size but the kid is definatly a player. he hit for over .350 last year. coach smith dont put up with no mouth and will have a very serious ball team that is there to play the game and nothing else....
I was fortunate enough to see Boggs and Carson play last year. What makes Carson such a tough out is without a doubt his speed. Any hesitation on a ground ball and he's safe. Boggs though is exceptional at everything. He mashes the ball and is very solid defensively as a catcher. All around I give Boggs the nod, with Carson a close second.

Also, where is Boggs going to attend college assuming he will be?
Boggs sucks
You sir, are an idiot.......
dores legend Wrote:I was fortunate enough to see Boggs and Carson play last year. What makes Carson such a tough out is without a doubt his speed. Any hesitation on a ground ball and he's safe. Boggs though is exceptional at everything. He mashes the ball and is very solid defensively as a catcher. All around I give Boggs the nod, with Carson a close second.

Also, where is Boggs going to attend college assuming he will be?

Boggs is a solid hitter. "Mashes" would exactly be the adjective I would use though. Any senior that "mashes" the ball usually has several high quality colleges looking at him. Additionally, any "very solid" catcher that "mashes" the ball is a division I catcher.

He has an above average arm with a quick release, average mobility, is a slight pull hitter with gap power. This makes him one of the best in the region no doubt but does not make him the hands down best.

Carson has elite speed, gets great jump on any ball hit in outfield, has above average arm. Great contact hitter with below average power. Immediate threat to steal as soon as he gets on base. This doesn't make him hands down the best either but I will take his skill set over Boggs if I were forced to choose one.