Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Thoughts On A Mt All Star Game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think it would be a good idea to have an annual mountain football all star game since they have no east west all star game anymore.
What do you all think?
That would be ok. They do have the Kentucky/ Tennessee border bowl in Williamsburg which includes most all of Eastern Kentucky versus Eastern Tennesee allstars. It has kind of ballooned up into a bit more than just the Eastern parts of the states playing each other though.
i think it would bring more exposure to the kids playing in the mountains that are often overlooked by scouts unlike the Louisville and Cincinnati are teams who get plenty of exosure.
the A team Wrote:i think it would bring more exposure to the kids playing in the mountains that are often overlooked by scouts unlike the Louisville and Cincinnati are teams who get plenty of exosure.
I agree. A lot of the mountain players have tremendous talent, and they do not get noticed as much as the big city schools. i believe a mountain all star game would be a good idea.
I agree a mountain all star game would be a great thing for the mountain schools. If there were to ever be such a game, i would not restrict it to seniors only like most all star games are. Freshman, sophomores, and juniors deserve the attention just as much as seniors.
true all classes need represenatation
Could be fun to watch on WYMT, if theyd go for it.

Something like this requires big time sponsorship though.
The National Guard Border Bowl does exactly what you all are talking about and WYMT broadcasts it. Then there's the Hatfield McCoy Bowl in Williamson, WV that takes eastern Kentucky versus western West Virginia. But here's a major problem with all-star games: (1) you can't get coaches to take five minutes to fill out a recommendation form and (2) a lot of kids won't play. The National Guard Border Bowl works to make sure mountain kids get exposed to college coaches and it has produced scholarships for many kids that wouldn't have had that opportunity otherwise. Don't know why you'd want to compete against that, rather support it.
Bad idea. Not enough all star caliber players.
I think that would be a great idea.
there is a tremendous amount of talent in the mountains, to say there is not enough all star caliber players in the mountains is ridiculous.
^ Do you think they would match up with the NKY/Louisville area teams?

Welcome to BGR!
skill always matches up with skill but it is hard to say. We are comparing two different styles of ball. Its like comparing a west coast offense to an east coast offense.
what about a final four tourney. MNT vs NKy and Lou vs WKy senior all-star
have the whole thing at UK?