Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: The 1970′s Was a Reckless Decade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Bob, Hoot - remember our good ole' days???

[Image: 1970s-Big-Wheel.jpg]
What's this "our" good ole days....you gotta frog in your pocket??!!

Confusednicker:
I can't see the picture that you posted, but let me tell ya, I graduated high school in 1970 and I can't think of a better year in which to do that!
Granny Bear Wrote:What's this "our" good ole days....you gotta frog in your pocket??!!

Confusednicker:
I can't see the picture that you posted, but let me tell ya, I graduated high school in 1970 and I can't think of a better year in which to do that!

I was 5 in 1970 Wink

I grew up with a Big Wheel....
I am so jealous of you guys. I would givE ANYTHING to be able to have grown up during the 70's and 80's.
^
That would just mean your old and shrivled.

I enjoyed the late 80's and early 90's.

Oh how many things were made during that time.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
That would just mean your old and shrivled.

I enjoyed the late 80's and early 90's.

^that was my favorite time as well. Seemed like 85-95 was the best 10 years of my life...
WideRight05 Wrote:I am so jealous of you guys. I would givE ANYTHING to be able to have grown up during the 70's and 80's.

You had this:

[Image: -vert-madden-nfl-2005-14885.jpg]

I had this:

[Image: pong.bmp]
Stardust Wrote:I was 5 in 1970 Wink

I grew up with a Big Wheel....

What was his name?....Confusednicker:
Stardust Wrote:Bob, Hoot - remember our good ole' days???

Wish I could see your picture Dusty.

Reckless Decade? ........I dont know about that Dusty. They say if you remember it, you didn't live it.Confusednicker:
Is this better? Seems like a few could not see the picture.

Stardust Wrote:Is this better? Seems like a few could not see the picture.

Ah Yeah, Wild times indeed!!:Thumbs:
[quote=Stardust]You had this:

That wouldn't matter to me bro haha! Back then people had common sense. Kids normally ran around on the weekends and played in the parks, etc. Now kids sit in and play video games, partially out of laziness and partially because parents are worried about a crazy kidnapper. Back then TV was good...you had the Brady Bunch, Welcome Back Kotter, Happy Days, Columbo, I could go on and on and on....awesome TV. Music was amazing...KC and the Sunshine band, the Eagles, Foreigner, The Doobie Brothers, all producing big hits. God was our nation's pilot back then. I like the technology of now, but people were much more civil and honestly a lot happier back then.

A couple of others on here mentioned the late 80's and early 90's and I would agree, those days were good too. I was born in the late 80's but still remember my days as a real young child. It wasn't till around 98 I realized how much I wish I could go back to those days. Things really changed in the mid 90's, around 96.

I would be a geezer right now :biggrin: but my gosh, just to say that I lived through those days would be amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
^ You might be a geezer right now, but I on the other hand am far from a geezer! Wink
^ you waited tables at the last supper!
^ Serving my master, yes I did!

Now, YOU serve me.......Confusednicker:
^ you are what gives me comfort that Jesus is the Master. Since you lived during that time, you would remember what happened!
^ I still live in Jesus time Wink
^ do antique stores try to keep you when you walk in?
Yes, those little old ladies think I am so cute......Wink
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
That would just mean your old and shrivled.I enjoyed the late 80's and early 90's.

Oh you are just asking for it!!

It has been my experience that most folks from this time period have aged like fine wine!!
Granny Bear Wrote:Oh you are just asking for it!!

It has been my experience that most folks from this time period have aged like fine wine!!

You mean aged like Harlan Moonshine Confusednicker:
Ive always been told I grew up in the wrong decade, however, I was fortunate enough to grow up in the early to mid 90s, and the 90s was fabulous. Ive always said I'd love to have a time machine. I'd love to see what it was like in the 50s-70s. I lived through the 80s and it was okay, but I'd love to see what the 50s-70s were like, and just do the 90s again lol..