Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Harlan Ind. vs Middlesboro 9/7/12 @ 7:30
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The Dragons face off against the Yellowjackets of Middlesboro this Friday night over at the Harlan athletic complex. Last years game was wild with TD's as two vetran QB's went head to head. This year Harlan's Saragas will face off against The Jacket's young upstart Major Edwards. Could be a good game. If the Dragon's bring the intensity that they showed against Lex. Christian Last Friday night it could be a long one for the Jackets. Comments please.
Harlan 33
Middlesboro 27
harlan 36 middlesboro 18
Backwoods Wrote:The Dragons face off against the Yellowjackets of Middlesboro this Friday night over at the Harlan athletic complex. Last years game was wild with TD's as two vetran QB's went head to head. This year Harlan's Saragas will face off against The Jacket's young upstart Major Edwards. Could be a good game. If the Dragon's bring the intensity that they showed against Lex. Christian Last Friday night it could be a long one for the Jackets. Comments please.

Let me also add that if the Harlan team that played W'burg last week shows up,it could pay off big for the Jackets. The Dragons need to keep improving and playing with intensity and continue getting thier heads straight. A big shout out goes out to freshman Cale Brock for a big fumble recovery and a 56yd TD catch against LCA. Way to go Cale!!!! Welcome to Dragon football.
Dragons by 2 scores.
I'm taking the dragons in this one. Saragas seems to be healthy and ready to roll, and that's a good sign for the dragons. I know they had some other injuries to key players the other night...anyone know the status on those guys?
Yellow Jackets Roll this week after getting embarrased at BELL 59-28
Running back 1976 Wrote:Yellow Jackets Roll this week after getting embarrased at BELL 59-28

If the 6th ranked team in 2A scored 28 on the Dragons and barely got out alive,I don't think the 20th ranked team scores 59 and wins against them. But,who knows,stranger things have happened. I would say it'll be more like 35-14 Dragons.
Going with the Harlan Green Dragons
Harlan by 20
Harlan ind. 28

Middlesboro 21
Blue_Blinker Wrote:I'm taking the dragons in this one. Saragas seems to be healthy and ready to roll, and that's a good sign for the dragons. I know they had some other injuries to key players the other night...anyone know the status on those guys?

I haven't heard of any that would keep anybody out next Friday night.
middlesboro has got this one. too talented to lose this one and extremely ready
Dragons really get rolling in this one and put up 6 TDs against a very week Jacket D 42-14
Weak D Wow they have played #4 and #2 in 3A and help Hopkins to small yardage but we will see
Jackets win 35-21
Running back 1976 Wrote:Weak D Wow they have played #4 and #2 in 3A and help Hopkins to small yardage but we will see

Just because you play someone doesn't mean anything. Bourbon Co.,the #4 you speak of,beat you all 34-0 and the #2 Bell Co. beat you 50-6. The way I see it,that's 84 points to 6 against these two and Hopkins may not have had a big night but somebody did. Middleboro plays hard but they are down compared to years passed. They will get back to themselves. Just not this season. I really think coach Frazier is a good coach and he'll bring M'boro through this. But he's had to clean up coach Roark's mess (God rest his soul) and from what I hear it was a mess. I hear it's the very reason that two of the better players were kicked off the team last season. Bad attitudes can hurt a good program. Good luck to the Jackets and coach Frazier.
Yes Middelsboro is very young but they were in the red zone 6 times against bourbon threw a pick on the 2 and other things that would never happen again!!! But people are counting this team out i wouldnt do that just yet full of sophmores that really maturing in the strecth of the season! Middelsboro stills wins this one! I appericate your opioion though sir backwoods
Running back 1976 Wrote:Yes Middelsboro is very young but they were in the red zone 6 times against bourbon threw a pick on the 2 and other things that would never happen again!!! But people are counting this team out i wouldnt do that just yet full of sophmores that really maturing in the strecth of the season! Middelsboro stills wins this one! I appericate your opioion though sir backwoods

I expect the Jackets to get better because they are young and I'm looking for a great game Friday night. It won't be no cake walk,that's for sure.
It will be a great one to watch. Mboro is coming with something to prove
Backwoods you really should not run your mouth about Kenny Roark. This is Fraiser's third year, he needs to accept some responsibility. Did Roark screw up Clay County last year ? I knew the man personaly and in my opinion, he is one of the best coaches and players that Middlesboro has ever had. At least he could make the playoffs. You should not quote hearsay.
Harlan Ind. - 28
Middlesboro - 21
Glad to hear saragas is ok from the shot he took against wburg. no disrespect, hes a tough kid and id take him anyday. Harlan bounces back in this one after a heartbreaker against a good lca team. Hang in there mboro.
harlan-34
mboro-12
Old Jacket 91 Wrote:Backwoods you really should not run your mouth about Kenny Roark. This is Fraiser's third year, he needs to accept some responsibility. Did Roark screw up Clay County last year ? I knew the man personaly and in my opinion, he is one of the best coaches and players that Middlesboro has ever had. At least he could make the playoffs. You should not quote hearsay.

Kenny was a legend in Middlesboro. He was a hero of mine back in the day. Nobodies running thier mouth. I know several football parents at M'boro and I know just like you probably know that he had a personal problem that bled over to the team and in the later years of his coaching career things got out of hand with the Jackets. This has happened to alot of people. It doesn't make him a bad person,just human. Randy Frazier is fresh new blood and he will turn things around at M'boro but you gotta give him time. If I'm not mistaken,Frazier studied under Hilton at Bell Co. at one time. He knows how to coach if everyone would just let him. He will bring the Jackets back.
I think M'boro my pull the upset if the respond to some coaching.

M'boro 29
Harlan 28
The jackets will come away with the victory. I have a feeling this is becoming a rivalry because of last years loss
Old Jacket 91 Wrote:Backwoods you really should not run your mouth about Kenny Roark. This is Fraiser's third year, he needs to accept some responsibility. Did Roark screw up Clay County last year ? I knew the man personaly and in my opinion, he is one of the best coaches and players that Middlesboro has ever had. At least he could make the playoffs. You should not quote hearsay.

He wasn't running his mouth. He's stating the facts. Kenny left a mess. No weight program AT ALL. He only spent one year at Clay County. They were terrible. With some help, Kenny could have coached for many more years. Unfortunately, there were reasons why he was fired. That doesn't change the fact that he had a good heart and was an unbelievable football player.

Frazier is taking a lot of responsibility though. Read the paper for the statements he made after the Bell County game.

Additionally, I played for Roark and we never beat Bell County. We also had teams like Estill County and Morgan County in our district and not Danville, LCA, or Somerset. We are now in 2A and for the most of the Roark era, we were in 1A. There is a difference in the quality of the opponent.

Things are much much tougher for the Jackets now.

Harlan has their best team in years and they will be ready to play against the Jackets. Unless Middlesboro does something different offensively, they will probably lose. That offensive scheme is just bad.
MHS Parent4Life Wrote:He wasn't running his mouth. He's stating the facts. Kenny left a mess. No weight program AT ALL. He only spent one year at Clay County. They were terrible. With some help, Kenny could have coached for many more years. Unfortunately, there were reasons why he was fired. That doesn't change the fact that he had a good heart and was an unbelievable football player.

Frazier is taking a lot of responsibility though. Read the paper for the statements he made after the Bell County game.

Additionally, I played for Roark and we never beat Bell County. We also had teams like Estill County and Morgan County in our district and not Danville, LCA, or Somerset. We are now in 2A and for the most of the Roark era, we were in 1A. There is a difference in the quality of the opponent.

Things are much much tougher for the Jackets now.

Harlan has their best team in years and they will be ready to play against the Jackets. Unless Middlesboro does something different offensively, they will probably lose. That offensive scheme is just bad.

Thanks for the support MHS Parent4Life. I am not trying to run down the Roarks in any way. I have to much respect for them to do that. But I do believe that Frazier is the man for the job at MHS. I know everyone at MHS are chomping at the bit to get back to thier winning ways but as they say "Rome wasn't built in a day". It'll happen if they support thier coach. I also say MHS should go back to 1A if they can.
Harlan should win this one
harlan by 3 td
Pages: 1 2