Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Cantrall Rankings 9/2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Top 25

1) Highlands (2-0)
2) Bowling Green (3-0)
3) St. Xavier (2-1)
4) Covington Catholic (2-1)
5) Warren Central (3-0)
6) Scott County (3-0)
7) Lexington Catholic (2-1)
8) Mayfield (2-1)
9) Central (3-0)
10) John Hardin (3-0)
11) Cooper (3-0)
12) Conner (2-0)
13) Boyle County (1-2)
14) Pleasure Ridge Park (3-0)
15) Butler (1-1)
16) Russell County (3-0)
17) Eastern (2-1)
18) Male (3-0)
19) Franklin County (3-0)
20) Somerset (2-0)
21) Christian County (2-1)
22) Ballard (2-1)
23) Bell County (2-1)
24) Bryan Station (2-1)
25) Manual (1-1)

http://fieldsnotes.bloginky.com/2012/09/...l-ratings/
Trinity isn't ranked because they have yet to play 3 in-state schools
Strikeout King Wrote:Trinity isn't ranked because they have yet to play 3 in-state schools

Then how is highland #1 having only played 2 games? Im not that familiar with how these rankings work.
Covington Catholic also hasn't played 3 instate schools. Neither has Lex Cath
Trinity hasn't played no in-state games. They don't start playing in-state games until the end of September beginning of October
Thanks appreciate the info
Somerset? Why? Over Bell...doubt that.
I could've swore I saw Scott county get throttled by Highlands, but apparently it didn't count on Scott County's loss column.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:Then how is highland #1 having only played 2 games? Im not that familiar with how these rankings work.

it's more of a protest than anything. Trinity will only play 3 in-state regular season games and Cantrall doesn't think it's right.
I know Mayfield is a great 1A team,but are they so good as to be ranked above Central or Bell Co. even. Could they beat either one of these teams?
bucslover68 Wrote:Somerset? Why? Over Bell...doubt that.

So they shouldn't be ranked?
These rankings are always funny
Franklin Co will beat Cooper by 30
Bell Co should be #1 easy. Wink
JumperPride1 Wrote:So they shouldn't be ranked?

Not saying that but I just look at who Bell played the first two games and I wonder how the Jumpers would have fared. Just speculation, but they would have probably been 0-2.
bucslover68 Wrote:Not saying that but I just look at who Bell played the first two games and I wonder how the Jumpers would have fared. Just speculation, but they would have probably been 0-2.

Loss to catholic maybe, although we did scrimmage them las year and it was a 21-14 ball game through 3 quarters varsity. We wouldn't have lost to station. Probably have the same record thru three games with bells schedule that they have actually.
Backwoods Wrote:I know Mayfield is a great 1A team,but are they so good as to be ranked above Central or Bell Co. even. Could they beat either one of these teams?

i dont think they could beat Central, probally not Bell either
bucslover68 Wrote:Not saying that but I just look at who Bell played the first two games and I wonder how the Jumpers would have fared. Just speculation, but they would have probably been 0-2.

Loss to catholic probably, although we did scrimmage them las year and it was a 21-14 ball game through 3 quarters varsity. We wouldn't have lost to station. Probably have the same record thru three games with bells schedule that they have actually.
therealdealholyfield Wrote:Franklin Co will beat Cooper by 30

:thatsfunn You need to get out more bro!
Boyle #13 and Danville not in the top 25???
JumperPride1 Wrote:Loss to catholic probably, although we did scrimmage them las year and it was a 21-14 ball game through 3 quarters varsity. We wouldn't have lost to station. Probably have the same record thru three games with bells schedule that they have actually.

Fair enough. Question...How does this Jumper team compare so far or potentially to the 09 or 10 teams?
Don't get your panties in a wad boys.Cantrall's rankings are always a joke.He never gives mountain schools any credit.
JumperPride1 Wrote:Loss to catholic maybe, although we did scrimmage them las year and it was a 21-14 ball game through 3 quarters varsity. We wouldn't have lost to station. Probably have the same record thru three games with bells schedule that they have actually.

Station is alot better than most think. Station returned everyone from last years team who beat the 5A State Runners Up last year and again this year.
Backwoods Wrote:I know Mayfield is a great 1A team,but are they so good as to be ranked above Central or Bell Co. even. Could they beat either one of these teams?

Mayfield will drop in these rankings as they play more games. This is formula based and when Mayfield gets into the 1A portion of their schedule they will fall like a rock no matter how badly they beat other 1A teams. Right now they get the high rank from playing larger schools and their 1 loss was a pretty close loss to one of the highest ranked teams in the state which kept them from dropping very far.
bucslover68 Wrote:Fair enough. Question...How does this Jumper team compare so far or potentially to the 09 or 10 teams?

Defense is the best we have had in a long time. Offense could be better than both of those teams also we've just got to get it all clicking. This team has the potential to be the best at Somerset since the 80's IMO. We will find out a lot more about how good this team can be in the coming weeks though.
Just in case some of you aren't aware, these rankings are based off of a computer generated formula. Therefore these rankings aren't all that accurate until about week seven our eight.
BobcatStuckInPowell Wrote:Don't get your panties in a wad boys.Cantrall's rankings are always a joke.He never gives mountain schools any credit.

Mountains can't win outside teams in their own area. Therefore they don't deserve any credit.
Wideleft01 Wrote:Mountains can't win outside teams in their own area. Therefore they don't deserve any credit.

Now come on..... Bell Co beat Lafayette and Bryan Station the last 2 years, which were good teams from the Lexington area.

We might not be a Highlands, Lou Trinity, or Lou Central. Were a small county in SEKY. I think we do good considering where we are from.

Wins outside the Mtns. Some are good and some are bad teams. This is since 1998.

Dunbar
Ashland Blazer
Glasgow
Madison Central
East Jessamine
Marion Co
Madison Southern
Boyd Co
Boyle Co
Bullitt East
Lincoln Co
Tates Creek
Garrard Co
Greenup Co
Green Co
Lafayette
Wayne Co
Casey Co
E'Town
Bryan Station
Wideleft01 Wrote:Mountains can't win outside teams in their own area. Therefore they don't deserve any credit.

We also don't have cities of a Population 50,000+ to have great athletes on every corner. Most towns in East KY are 4,000 to a couple of 12,000. BIG DIFFERENCE to pick from. Most of our players have to go both ways when BIG SCHOOLS can have seperate for special teams, offense, and defense.

That's your difference.
With the population as big as it is in Highland's area they should be state champs every year and compete with Trinity. Having the population that they do is the only way a school the size of a 2A school can not only compete but be successful at the 4A level year in and year out. Mountain schools just don't have the number of talented athletes. Also,we don't have the coaching staff they do. Alot of mountain schools have the feeder programs that are set up just like Highland's. Harlan Co.,Bell.Co.,etc...Only less athletes.
Pages: 1 2