Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Prestonsburg @ Belfry 9/7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
MtnHSFootballFan Wrote:I've been on vacation and not around for awhile. I missed the news about Bryson Williams. I'm sorry to hear he's out for the game. That's not going to help the Cats. I just hope for a safe game. These are my 2 favorite teams.
He suffered a concussion against Lawrence Co. and at first we thought it was career ending, but for now it appears he will miss a couple of weeks. He goes back Monday for a checkup.
BoondockSaint Wrote:That last post of his on this thread might have some merit.

Thank you. For a school with only two state titles, Belfry fans are obnoxious. This team has been talked about for several years in terms of how great it would be. They certainly showed greatness against Henry Clay.
Mountain Pride Wrote:He suffered a concussion against Lawrence Co. and at first we thought it was career ending, but for now it appears he will miss a couple of weeks. He goes back Monday for a checkup.

Thanks for letting me know what happened. And it's good that the outlook is sounding positive. I'll also add him to my prayers.
Go Blackcats
MtnHSFootballFan Wrote:Thanks for letting me know what happened. And it's good that the outlook is sounding positive. I'll also add him to my prayers.

No problem, Football Fan. I'm hoping that the young man gets to come back so that he doesn't finish out his career losing a game that he knows we should've won.
if pburg didnt fix the run d problem this game will be running clock in the 3rd. hope im wrong! also loved watching chatlin play d against the bulldogs kids got heart! and yes he will hit.
I would love to see Prestonsburg win, but I think Belfry takes this one by 3 TD's.
WideRight05 Wrote:Thank you. For a school with only two state titles, Belfry fans are obnoxious. This team has been talked about for several years in terms of how great it would be. They certainly showed greatness against Henry Clay.

Pot, meet kettle!! I usually try to ignore your post because I know you like to stir. But even your own Highlands fan find you obnoxious. :yawn: kinda ironic isn't it.:biggrin:
Praying for you Bryson. Hope all is well young man. You will be missed tonight.

First game in the kids career i know of him being out with an injury.
WideRight05 Wrote:Thank you. For a school with only two state titles, Belfry fans are obnoxious. This team has been talked about for several years in terms of how great it would be. They certainly showed greatness against Henry Clay.

Wait a minute big dawg, I am a Belfry fan first and foremost. But I like to think that I am a rational fan. Not all our fans are overzealous, obnoxious, or irrational...but a good portion on here are.

Your "stirring the pot" only helps bring them to the forefront.
BoondockSaint Wrote:Wait a minute big dawg, I am a Belfry fan first and foremost. But I like to think that I am a rational fan. Not all our fans are overzealous, obnoxious, or irrational...but a good portion on here are.

Your "stirring the pot" only helps bring them to the forefront.

He's a HIGHLANDS fan. Not everybody can be from outside of CINCY and recruit whoever you want and get away with it.
not taking from pburg and belfry game,
i think belfry has held thier own with
highlands in the past.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:He's a HIGHLANDS fan. Not everybody can be from outside of CINCY and recruit whoever you want and get away with it.

just wait lowlands will get the KHSAA on them and will be stripped of their many titles then we'll be like yeah where are your titles lowlands???
The fact that Belfry is one of the schools that highlands has not been able to kick around is why they post so much smack. They know they don't have to play Belfry, so they can hang there hats on the fact there is no payback coming. Truth is anytime they have played eachother it has went to the wire or Belfry has beat them..Northern Ky football is not what it once was. So with there recruits and week area, they think there kings of Ky football. We all know who that is, Trinity and St. X. They beat Highlands like a drum
when they try to step up. Then you don't hear anything from them until they beat some double A school by 70. Then there great again.
lunaticfringe Wrote:The fact that Belfry is one of the schools that highlands has not been able to kick around is why they post so much smack. They know they don't have to play Belfry, so they can hang there hats on the fact there is no payback coming. Truth is anytime they have played eachother it has went to the wire or Belfry has beat them..Northern Ky football is not what it once was. So with there recruits and week area, they think there kings of Ky football. We all know who that is, Trinity and St. X. They beat Highlands like a drum
when they try to step up. Then you don't hear anything from them until they beat some double A school by 70. Then there great again.
I'm a die-hard Pirate fan through and through, and I am no Highlands apologist, but your post isn't true.

Belfry and Highlands have only played a total of 5 times and HHS has a 3-2 advantage over Belfry. Belfry has won 2 of the last 3, but they haven't played each other since 1990.

Any HHS team of the last 5 years would have beaten Belfry by multiple touchdowns.

And be careful throwing around unsubstantiated accusations of recruiting. It cheapens accomplishments of young men who work very hard for what they have EARNED. Unless you have some proof, it appears to be just something people say when they are jealous of another schools domination. Belfry has been on the receiving end of many of those accusations too, and I always see Belfry fans defending the Pirates against them. So don't lower yourself to that level.
Belfry by 2 td's...
Be a good night to work the gate or concession.
So we have WideLeft, WideRight, WideTop, WideLow, WideLoad all on here from Highlands?
belfry is hungry to get back to winning. i just hope prestonburg is ready to play pirates are for real and they will laid the wood to u i predict a very long ride back to floyd county and a lot of bruises to heal. belfry by 20 or more:redboxer:
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:So we have WideLeft, WideRight, WideTop, WideLow, WideLoad all on here from Highlands?

no i am cov cath i think the other 2 r lowlands fans tho
WideMiddle03 Wrote:no i am cov cath i think the other 2 r lowlands fans tho

Thanks for making it clear. Wink
u r welcome
Sorry to say it but it will be a long night for the blackcats..Too many weaknesses on defensive that will definitly be exposed tonignt. Prestonsburgs offensive has been able to score alot of points so far this year, but I am not that impressed..Williams being out doesnt help but Jarrell seems only want to throw it to Anderson anyway,you stop that and they dont score much because they have no running game whatsoever......Anyway good luck Blackcats,,,anything can happen........
Buc-a-roo Wrote:I'm a die-hard Pirate fan through and through, and I am no Highlands apologist, but your post isn't true.

Belfry and Highlands have only played a total of 5 times and HHS has a 3-2 advantage over Belfry. Belfry has won 2 of the last 3, but they haven't played each other since 1990.

Any HHS team of the last 5 years would have beaten Belfry by multiple touchdowns.

And be careful throwing around unsubstantiated accusations of recruiting. It cheapens accomplishments of young men who work very hard for what they have EARNED. Unless you have some proof, it appears to be just something people say when they are jealous of another schools domination. Belfry has been on the receiving end of many of those accusations too, and I always see Belfry fans defending the Pirates against them. So don't lower yourself to that level.

What he said..

Just laugh off the troll.. knee-jerk reactions are exactly what he wants.
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:Praying for you Bryson. Hope all is well young man. You will be missed tonight.

First game in the kids career i know of him being out with an injury.
This is the first one I know of too. He's had a consistent and injury free career up until his senior year, it's gotta be killing him not being out there against Belfry!
I will be in attendance for this game this evening. I simply hope to see Belfry executing and playing fast. Hopefully the Pirates will limit big plays and make PBurg earn every yard.

After last weeks result, I'll be watching the D closely. Prestonsburg is similar in style to Breathitt Co. So this is a great game for playoff preparation.
WideMiddle03 Wrote:just wait lowlands will get the KHSAA on them and will be stripped of their many titles then we'll be like yeah where are your titles lowlands???

Haven't you learned some schools really have a lot of pull with the khsaa. Nothings is happening to highlands anytime soon. Even if there was something going on. Which I doubt there is. It's not line highlands is a flash in the pan. They've been a really good program for a very long time
lets try and stay on topic ! this thread has nothing to do with higlands.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:Haven't you learned some schools really have a lot of pull with the khsaa. Nothings is happening to highlands anytime soon. Even if there was something going on. Which I doubt there is. It's not line highlands is a flash in the pan. They've been a really good program for a very long time

yeah they have been good but.........hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..........wonder why...........hint hint
bearcat88 Wrote:Sorry to say it but it will be a long night for the blackcats..Too many weaknesses on defensive that will definitly be exposed tonignt. Prestonsburgs offensive has been able to score alot of points so far this year, but I am not that impressed..Williams being out doesnt help but Jarrell seems only want to throw it to Anderson anyway,you stop that and they dont score much because they have no running game whatsoever......Anyway good luck Blackcats,,,anything can happen........
the blackcats have a run game, i think people will see it tonight.the only reason it seams that jarrell looks to anderson is that hes the only one finishing his routs. if the cats want to keep it close the younger players must step it up big time!
Belfry
Pages: 1 2 3 4