Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 14th Region Boys Basketball
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just wondering who are some of the top teams to look for in the 14th Region for 2012-2013???? Chavies, Carr Creek, RW Combs, Sebastain????
Well based on what I saw last year , this is how I would rank the teams.
1.Hazard
2.Wolfe
3.RW Combs
4.Leslie Co.
5.AB Combs
6.Carr Creek
7.Jenkins
8.Powell Co.
9.Chavies
10.SMS
What about Jackson City???
AB Combs is King right now in Perry County. RWs best player is playing High School ball only and RW lost a lot of talent. Chavies lost a lot also.
Jackson city is in top 5 for sure no one gave them any respect last year. All they did was get runner up in 14 th region tournment while beaten ab, rw, chavies and beat Wolfe by 30 twice in the season. All will see when season starts they play all the teams mentioned above. I believe Wolfe will b team to beat this season in 14th.
1. Hazard
2.RW Combs
3.Wolfe
4.AB Combs
5.Leslie
6.Carr Creel
7.Hindman
8.Whitesburg
9.Jackson
10.Chavies
Thats how I think they will rank this year.
Jackson city beat Wolfe by3 this week also Beat ab combs by 25 and chavies by 40.
I believe that you will have to reconsider Whitesburg this year after you all watch a couple of there games against other teams. They are truly talented kids. they return 3 starters from last year, they are deep on the bench with a solid 7 man rotation, had two hold backs and one transfer from another county school and prob as one if not two of the top kids in the 14 region this year
Have not seen this team play but I've heard a few good things about Cordia.
Just got back from perry co today and got to watch alot of good teams as well. Whitesburg came up with two big wins beating AB Combs 41 to 38 and RW Combs 61 to 43.

After watching these teams today you must rank

1. Whitesburg
2. AB combs
3. RW combs

but this is without getting to see hazard, car creek, chavies, or any other teams you all have named so far. But i know car creek lost there best player this year as he is at knott co high school now and i have heard chavies lost alot as well but have no idea just gotta wait and see i guess
jackson city is definetely top 3
Wolfe County has great talent. top 2 players in the region!
last nights score. wolfe county beat number 2 team in the state lexington catholic, wolfe county 73 lexington catholic 71
both jackson city and wolfe county has potential to do some damage in the KBA state tournament!
good choice
i agree
1. Wolfe (seen them they r good)
2. AB Combs (they beat Pikeville)
3. Hazard (they r who they r)
4. Whitesburg (seen them @pcc good)
5. dont know,,, these are the best teams I have seen..
I would like for you to consider Whitesburg because as I have seen for the past couple games that they beat RW and AB combs which r ranked higher than Whitesburg so check me out on that...
Whitesburg played AB Combs tonight for the second time at their home court. Whitesburg beat them (for the 2nd time).. I don't think Whitesburg should be ranked below AB Combs, seeing that they beat them twice. Whitesburg- definitely #1 in the region- in my opinion!
To tj10, in my opinion the teams I have watched in the region
1. Whitesburg
2. Hazard
3. AB Combs
4. RW Combs
5. Carr Creek
6. Chavies
and I cant determine the rest but out of what I have seen then this is my opion.
That is in Perry but if you bring the heat (Whitesburg) they fall to pieces, because they beat them twice also RW either way in Letcher Co. you have the best team in the region (Whitesburg) and no one is stoping them this year.
1. Whitesburg (beat AB & RW twice)
2. Wolfe
3. Hazard
4. AB Combs
5. RW Combs
Whitesburg beat AB again tonight at perry co central tonight was a good win for them and a well fought battle for both teams as whitesburg was down 8 to 24 at one point and brought it back with about 4 to go and never looked back and ended up winning this game. Both teams are very talented and could be top two teams in the 14th on any given night depending on what they bring to the table that night.

some of the top teams in no certain order is

AB
Leslie
Whitesburg
RW
Hazard

i hear cordia and wolf co are good as well but i have not seen anything on them yet
Kyball020 Wrote:Whitesburg beat AB again tonight at perry co central tonight was a good win for them and a well fought battle for both teams as whitesburg was down 8 to 24 at one point and brought it back with about 4 to go and never looked back and ended up winning this game. Both teams are very talented and could be top two teams in the 14th on any given night depending on what they bring to the table that night.

some of the top teams in no certain order is

AB
Leslie
Whitesburg
RW
Hazard

i hear cordia and wolf co are good as well but i have not seen anything on them yet
I've seen quite a few middle school teams this year so far my top ten are as follows

1. Whitesburg
2. Hazard
3. Wolve
4. Ab
5. Sebastian
6. Cordia
7. RW
8. Stinnet
9. Jackson City
10. Buckhorn
Hazard 52 Sebatian 42....both teams played well.
Both teams looked good.
Will they have a tournament to see who goes to kba state?
Does any of these teams have any dominant bigs 6"4 or bigger? Or are most of these teams guard heavy?
cougarpride08 Wrote:Will they have a tournament to see who goes to kba state?

You don't have to earn your way to KBA state, your just register online. They take the first 80 or 90 teams to register.
There are two really good 7 grade teams from Leslie County. Stinnett and Hyden Elementary Bears. Watched Hyden play Jackson City other night and they had a big team with one kid who was the real deal. #3 I think.
Pages: 1 2