Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Danville 28 - Boyle County 21
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
cctiger Wrote:The score is closer then what the game really was. Danville put the breaks on with about 4 mins left and Boyle scored two touchdown in 2 mins. Boyles has not progress from last year and Burke is no where near good as advertised.

Horrible thing to say about a high school kid. This is one game. Maybe he didnt have his best day but to make this blanket statement you should be ashamed. Tell us about your credentials to be able to evaluate talent?
Cong: to Danville on a huge Win. This District is loaded, got to be one of the best in State, if not the best. Danville, Lex. Christian and Somerset. Will be fun to Watch, Last man standing.
know1 Wrote:The better team won this one for sure. Danville looked very solid and it wouldn't surprise me if they are in the mix for the 2A Championship this year.

Boyle has fallen off a lot this year. Usually their defense is among the best in the state, but it's a far cry from that.

As I've said about every game so far this year, I can't tell you how disappointed I am that Boyle has not developed a passing game at all. However strong their wishbone is, they can't win a championship just running that. And last night the wishbone didn't look that strong. I guess when you line up in that formation it's pretty obvious you aren't going to pass and Danville just put everyone up front.

Boyle tried the passing game, but the QB just isn't accurate at all and will also make questionable throws. There was a series in the first half where he was rolling out an had to make about a 5 yard throw. He put it about 2 yards over the receiver's head.

Don't they have anyone else who can throw any better than that? Perhaps the current QB could be the wishbone QB and a different one who is at least a little accurate could come in for the other series.

You'd like to see Boyle County mix things up a bit but as you said, the passing game is almost non-existent, which makes the Rebel offense PREDICTABLE. It was almost to the point to where I could call the play before they ran it. Even the Admiral defense knew that Boyle could not pass the ball as they loaded up the box nearly every play. It could be a long season for the Rebels if they don't make some adjustments in the passing game.

Still does not take away from the effort Danville put in this game. Like I said before, they were well prepared.
Good to see Danville back.
Ummm....:pondering:....WOW!!! Definitely not expecting this! I am sure this may have already been asked and answered but, when was the last time that Danville beat Boyle County?
2007 was the last time. Well considering that everyone was talking about how good Burke is and that he would run it down Danvilles throat I think I can go off of that. He only had 70 yards. Hall runs it the hardest for Boyle I think he may even be better then Burke. Considering Burke doesn't hit the whole full speed shys away from contact and doesn't really have break away speed I would have to say he's not as good as advertised. Hall on the other hand would hit the whole full speed with his pad level low and would lower his shoulder and run people over. So I believe my perception of the backs was a pretty good one. Plus I'll add someone else said it doesn't Boyle have a different quarterback. I know they have the freshman Robbins but I gurantee he is already better then whittle. If Boyle hopes to win I would def look at trying Robbins at qb bc whittle hasnt got it done in two years. He is the worst qb Boyle has had in 15 years. Boyle use to be quarterback u what has happened?
It's hard to overcome 4 turnovers for the game,and 10 penaltys in the second half for over 100 yds and beat a good team.45 yds of those peanaltys came on one of Danvilles 50 or so yard scoring drives.Boyle's got to clean up thier mistakes,or it could be a long season.if Danville continues to play the way they did friday they'll win thier district and should play for a state title.
Jack Lambert Wrote:It's hard to overcome 4 turnovers for the game,and 10 penaltys in the second half for over 100 yds and beat a good team.45 yds of those peanaltys came on one of Danvilles 50 or so yard scoring drives.Boyle's got to clean up thier mistakes,or it could be a long season.if Danville continues to play the way they did friday they'll win thier district and should play for a state title.

Well Jack; I guess Somerset need to just pack it in now, Wow Danville wins one football game and they are Crowned State Champs, I think Somerset has beat Danville 4 straight times, My guess it will be 5!!!!!!!:flame:
Thought Danville was horrible after there first game of the year? Hmm, hate to be in there district.
Cellking Wrote:Well Jack; I guess Somerset need to just pack it in now, Wow Danville wins one football game and they are Crowned State Champs, I think Somerset has beat Danville 4 straight times, My guess it will be 5!!!!!!!:flame:

Didn't say they would win the title just said i thought they would make it there.as far as somerset beating Danville 4 straight times so had Boyle,and i thought it would be 5 straight for us to,but i learned along time ago when you assume something it usually bites you in the a_s.if you think Danville can't beat Somerset you are dead wrong it can happen to the jumpers just like it did to the Rebels.
I guess the rivalry is renewed. From some of you who posted here sounded like you were looking/ past Danville, well that thought nip you all in the tush. After reviewing the tape, Danville from the get go threw the first punch and Bolye staggered. They recovered, but they were dazed and confused.
Well i'll add another WOW. Congrats Danville Ads. Big win.
Jack Lambert Wrote:Didn't say they would win the title just said i thought they would make it there.as far as somerset beating Danville 4 straight times so had Boyle,and i thought it would be 5 straight for us to,but i learned along time ago when you assume something it usually bites you in the a_s.if you think Danville can't beat Somerset you are dead wrong it can happen to the jumpers just like it did to the Rebels.

I know Danville can beat Somerset, and IF they do I'll be the first to give Cong: to them. I think either Team can be playing in Bowling Green in Dec. It depends on who improves the most and stays Healthy.
Okay, this will be my only post on this thread. First of all, congrats to Danville, they were the better team Friday night. What I really want to say is this:

Shame on some of you for dogging the BC quarterback like you are. This is a high school kid!! And some of things you are saying show bias and just plain ignorance. QB is a position that always gets too much credit for wins and too much blame for losses. Yes, the BC passing game needs A LOT of work, there is no denying that.

I beleive it was the New England Patriots a couple weeks ago who were talking about some problems with their pass game, particularly the OLine not giving Brady enough time. But then Tom Brady and Coach Belichick were quick to point out that the passing game is a TEAM function. It wasn't just the OLine, Brady could pass quicker, or the recievers could get open more, and so on. So, if the passing game is still team dependent in the NFL, it is definitely team dependent in high school!

So, now lets look at the facts for the Boyle passing game: yes, Whittle had a bad game with a few very bad throws, but that's gonna happen. There were also several passing plays where the line did not block well for him (Danville's DLine was dominant) and he was under pressure very quick. On the season I've lost count of the number of very good throws the QB has made that were dropped by the recievers (this wasn't a problem last Friday, but the previous two games it was). Also, I would hate to be a QB in a system that rarely lets me throw until it's 3rd down and 8 or whatever. It is very tough to get in a rythm and be accurate there. I wish I could pull up Boyle's passing numbers in the two minute drill this season (Whittle was pretty good in that Friday night). I know for sure that would include 2 passing td's to 1 pick and 3 total scoring drives. Also, if you ask the Boyle coaches, no matter who the QB is, they will tell you that "passing is not Boyle football." (I disagree, remembering the Chuck Smith days, but that's their philosophy) from talking to some guys on the team, they don't often just practice routes and throws, so again it'd be tough to have timing down as qb and reciever.

So, when we say the Boyle passing game needs work, let's remember it's the product of the team, not one player. I see a lot of potential in the Boyle passing game, but they haven't been able to put it all together yet. They have a good qb, good recievers (especially with Hellyer back), a good OLine, and great coaches. They just did not play well Friday night.
Pages: 1 2