Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Black Bear Kills 6-year-old Girl
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Today a search is underway for a black bear that attacked a family of three from Ohio last night in the Cherokee National Forest in Tennessee. A 6-year-old girl was killed in the attack. Witnesses said the bear picked up a 2-year-old boy in its mouth while the mother and other visitors tried to fend it off with sticks and rocks. The 6-year-old girl ran away during that attack, but was found dead a short time later with the bear nearby. A park ranger fired at least one shot at the bear and scared it away. The woman and her son were flown by helicopter to a Chattanooga Hospital. Wildlife experts say a bear attack is very rare.
The boy and mother appear to be doing much better today. Yet another terrible story.
What a horrific story.They are lucky something like this does not happen all the time down in the Smokey MNTS. I went there a couple of years ago and was amazed about all the people who take risk to try and catch a glimpse at a beautiful animal.They sometimes forget I think that these animals are wild and not tame!I went to a place and fed some bears that were tame and took a few pictures of them from a safe place.My prayers go out to this family.
This is horrible...my thoughts are with the family. I hope the mother and son are doing okay!
I don't get that, the little girl runs off, then the bear finds her in a completely different field and wasn't when it wasn't following her?
I heard about this at work today! It's awful Sad
another sad story
These stories make me feel horrible and sad
thats awful
This is an awful thing for any family to have to deal with. My prayers go out to the family.
very sad story... my thoughts and prayers are with her friends and family... and i'm praying her mom and brother recover
They think they caught the bear today. Won't know if it is the correct bear until tomorrow.
I heard of this on the news, very sad.
Tennesse is over populated with Black Bears ! We a have some here and there and in TN and NC have a load of them and theres attacks in these areas in tn and nc every few months ! It's nice to see a cub and its mom walking through the woods but there very dangerous when a human is spotted !
I heard on the news today they think they caught the bear.
Omg did they kill the bear?
Yep, then it said they sent it to the vet to make sure it was the right one.
Any word? Was it the right bear?
Matney's Prodigey Wrote:Any word? Was it the right bear?

How horrible would it be to be that bear looking down from Bear Heaven if that turned out to be not true? I'd be pissed, and there'd be some consequences
i know this is goin to sound bad but less people would be attacked if they would stay the hell out of the woods. i mean Bears do live there.
Vincent Vega Wrote:i know this is goin to sound bad but less people would be attacked if they would stay the hell out of the woods. i mean Bears do live there.

It was theirs before it was ours, we stole it
This breaks my heart. I will keep the family in my thoughts and I wish a full and speedy recover to the mother and child.

People need to really keep that stuff in mind guys, I do agree. Bears get scared and protect themselves and their young just as we would ourselves and our family.