Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville @ Raceland 8/31
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Rams look to prove they're not the same team as last year and panthers look to build on their confidence following the win on pike county bowl.
Scores/comments
I'll take the Ams. They finally put corners in their endzones. Karma gets them the win.
I'm gonna take Raceland in this one.
FBALL Wrote:I'll take the Ams. They finally put corners in their endzones. Karma gets them the win.
I was looking forward to watching our receivers try to catch TDs while also escaping death in the process.
Panthers win in a tough battle, but a close one.
I say Raceland by 7.
The young Panther's prove something to themselves here. Pikeville 28-21.
Panther Thunder Wrote:I was looking forward to watching our receivers try to catch TDs while also escaping death in the process.

Been watching football on that field as far back as 94. Never seen anyone get hurt. Only feelings one way or another. But it was used as an excuse from time to time. But we don't have to talk about that anymore. Look forward to a great game. Pikeville is a well coached team. With a great following. This will be a battle. But if we don't clean up our mistakes it could be rough.
Raceland by 12.
Panther Thunder Wrote:I was looking forward to watching our receivers try to catch TDs while also escaping death in the process.

Don't worry. There is still the threat of death or injury on a corner route. They cut the asphalt back just far enough to make the field a rectangle. Step one inch out of bounds and you are right back on a paved surface.

Brilliant!
football 105 Wrote:Been watching football on that field as far back as 94. Never seen anyone get hurt. Only feelings one way or another. But it was used as an excuse from time to time. But we don't have to talk about that anymore. Look forward to a great game. Pikeville is a well coached team. With a great following. This will be a battle. But if we don't clean up our mistakes it could be rough.
I've seen kids get hurt on it. Luckily never a serious injury.

Same goes for the rest of the field. It's football. But your right I Suppose. Same could be said about paint on the field. Mud ext......
Football in mud or painted grass is nothing like football on an asphalt track. It's not the same.
OK!!!!?? :zzz: NOW MAYBE WE CAN TALK ABOUT THE BATTLE THAT FOR SURE IS GOING TO HAPPEN. Pikeville will come in to Raceland very confident. They won both games last year. And won easily last week. Put that with a top of the line coaching staff. This will be a great game to watch. The Rams played well at times vs Ashlaand. Silly mistakes cost them a close game. We couldn't hand the ball off to the back for some reason without running into each other. Or just dropping the ball. Clean those things up and this could be a very good year. Just like always . We must stay healthy. Not starting out very good in that dept.
I'm having more fun talking about the ring of death.
I pick the rams as well. Especially at Raceland. Gotta give props to coach Helton for donating (against his will) the inside track lanes. Lol
Does Pikeville still have the same kicker as last season?
FBALL Wrote:Football in mud or painted grass is nothing like football on an asphalt track. It's not the same.

You are right about that. The rash is alot worse.
football 105 Wrote:Does Pikeville still have the same kicker as last season?

No. He graduated. But trust me,they don't miss extra points and I'm sure they are pretty accurate on fieldgoals. Just not sure from how far out.
I feel that this has a chance to be a really good class a football game. If I wasnt going to GW this Friday I would take this one in. I'm going with Raceland over Pikeville 28-21
FBALL Wrote:I'm having more fun talking about the ring of death.

Sounding like Dante's Inferno,lol.
football 105 Wrote:Does Pikeville still have the same kicker as last season?
New kicker, Austin Kidd. But similar results! Most kickoffs inside the 10, had a couple touchbacks Saturday night. As has been covered here before, Pikeville is a very young, inexperienced team. Just needed some things to go right to build confidence. Didn't get that at Harlan, but got a lot of it against Powell County. Raceland is the more experienced team, has the chip on their shoulder about last year, and is playing at home. Pikeville has a lot of talent and Chase Hall has been running like a man possessed. What really impressed me Saturday night was line play on both sides of the ball for Pikeville. At this point, I think this game is a toss up and should be fun to watch. I'll stick with the old cliche, "the team that wins the turnover battle wins the game".
Raceland in a nail bitter. Raceland's experience will win this game for them.
28-24
Pikeville 35

Raceland 31
The Rams held Ashland too 14 and gave them 28 on 6 turnovers.Pikeville is not half the team Ashland is.Rams by 21
You watch Russell at Raceland right? What's your concern? The only players you have to worry about getting hurt in the endzone is the rams? Haha only kidding. But as far as this game goes it should be a battle. Can't wait to see it!
Looking at this game again. Pikeville may be young. But parts of raceland is young too. Young players means turnovers. The team with the less mental mistakes and turnovers takes this one. Could see the rams winning by as much as 21. But I feel it will it will be won by 5 or so. Raceland 26 Pikeville 21.
I think this game is to close to call. Like many have said turnovers will be the difference. Pulling for the Panthers. Good luck to both on an injury free game. Good luck to the Panthers on a win.
I do agree that turnovers WILL be a really big factor. As well as penalties. Both teams are young and a lot of kids just have 2 weeks of game experience and this being a big game for both schools.
Pikeville's offense will go up and down the field on Raceland. If the defense can make some stops I think the Panthers can pull this one out on the road. Good luck to both teams the rest of the season.
Pages: 1 2