Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Somerset vs. Hazard (@SHS) 9/7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Both schools have two weeks to prepare. SHS beat Hazard last year at their place in a turnover filled defensive battle (both teams turned the ball over 5+ times). Hazard just beat a very good Clintwood VA team, and Somersets offense got going pretty well Friday against Southwestern. Predictions on the game?
If Hazards line doesnt play good then this game gets out of hand and hazard loses. If the line play gets better then this should be a good game. Hazard had 1 turnover against Clintwood and it was a INT and lead to a touchdown for clintwood, Hazard will have to limit turnovers and actually play a full game instead of just 1 half.
Tough to predict this one. I feel like last year if Somerset and Hazard were to play ten times, they'd split. Difference could be how well Somerset is able to throw the ball, and how well they are able to D up Olinger. He had a couple long catches against us last year. If Somerset can take away the passing game they win IMO. I don't see anybody being able to run the ball on Somerset with much success this season. The front seven is probably the best collection we've had in the past twenty years. Looking forward to this one though. No matter the outcome, it should be beneficial for both teams.
I think this will be the game of the week next week. I like Somerset but I think it will be close.
Clintwood, VA won a class A state last year also. It is to early to predict how good Hazard is. This was Clintwood's first game.
It was both Clintwood and Hazards first game.

Somerset improved great from there 1st game to the 2nd. As stated both teams get 2 weeks to prepare for one another. This game should be showed on wymt. I really hope the line for hazard looks better in this game because they were dominated against a bigger line by clintwood.
I think it will be a good game, but IMO Somerset wins the battle at the LOS.

20-14 Jumpers.
bac2369 Wrote:It was both Clintwood and Hazards first game.

Somerset improved great from there 1st game to the 2nd. As stated both teams get 2 weeks to prepare for one another. This game should be showed on wymt. I really hope the line for hazard looks better in this game because they were dominated against a bigger line by clintwood.

I saw Hazard,s linemen at Camp this Summer and unless they have improved a lot Somerset will give them fits all night long. I pick Somerset to win.
Somerset wins 21-20
Last years game was butt ugly, but that may have been due to the competition for each team. Hazard played well enough to win, but big Special Team play put Somerset over the edge last year.

I'm expecting another tight game but hopefully better played than last years.
Somerset 28
Hazard 21
Somerset 38 Hazard 20.
Should be one really exciting game with a lot of defense. I don't see many big plays in this one. Somerset will win this game, they're tough this year!
28-14
I would love to watch this hopefully i am not working that weekend.
This will definitely be a close one, but with the performance that Somerset put up against Southwestern I'm gonna have to take the Jumpers by a touchdown.
bac2369 Wrote:I would love to watch this hopefully i am not working that weekend.

Me too, unfortunately I'm a thousand miles away. I'd love it if WYMT decided to pick it up.
^ i agree. If they did id get to watch most of it.
Somerset 28
Hazard 14

Go Jumpers.
Somerset is strong up front and that may be Hazards bug-a boo this year. Hazard has a ton of skill but it's really tough to win games against good teams when you can't win the battle up front. Dixon is a great coach and I wouldn't count him out of any games so it wouldn't surprise me too much to see Hazard win, but I think Somerset wins by 2 TD's.
Would like to see Hazard pull this one out but don't think so.Somerset over Hazard 28-20.
Micro-Brew Wrote:Somerset is strong up front and that may be Hazards bug-a boo this year. Hazard has a ton of skill but it's really tough to win games against good teams when you can't win the battle up front. Dixon is a great coach and I wouldn't count him out of any games so it wouldn't surprise me too much to see Hazard win, but I think Somerset wins by 2 TD's.

I agree Somerset is real strong up front and that is where this game will be won for Somerset. Down people and LB's for Somerset are real good. Def. Backs loaded with speed and real sound. Somerset Will win this Game.
With this one being at Clark Field, I'll go with Somerset.
somerset 27 hazard 21 i want hazard to win for 1A SCHOOLS:please:
Sure wish this game would hurry up and get here.
Hazard 34 Somerset 28
I like that post. I not sure if Hazard can get it done especially at Somerset. But thats what these regular season games are for though to make you tougher for the playoffs.
sportsguru4u Wrote:Hazard 34 Somerset 28

I wont make a prediction as to the winner of this ball game, but I will say that a 62 point total in this game is way to high. Hazard may win this game, but they won't do it with their offense putting up big numbers on the road, the Jumpers are way to tough defensively. Through a scrimmage with Bourbon (Kentayvus Hopkins 1st team all state running back), East Jessamine, and Southwestern Somerset has given up about 80 yards rushing, and less than 200 passing. Somerset has had one touchdown scored on them in the regular season, and a safety. Competition definitely improves when the Bulldogs come to the briar patch, however I don't see them putting up 34 points by any stretch of the imagination.
Somerset by 3
Somerset
Somerset did good then on containg a D-1 caliber player in Hopkins... Brandon jones will be the running back you got to stop. He is about the same size as the blanton kid and i believe a little faster and has more bulk than him as well. Kid is just sophomore and he impressed me a lot. Somerset had problems last year defending the deep ball but that was last year. I agree that many points will not be given up unless each team cant stop one another.
Go bulldogs !!!
Pages: 1 2 3