Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bourbon County @ Owen County 8/31/12
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Who Wins And Why
Owen Wins 35-28
I think Bourbon County is one of the most underrated teams in 3A this season. They turned the ball over an unusual amount of times in last year's loss to Owen. The addition of Johnson on defense for Bourbon County who has 3 defensive TD's in 2 games has been huge this season.

I'll take Bourbon County 35-21
Owen County Just Got A New Transfer 6 foot 2 280 dt josh guttman from grant county
6'2" and he wasn't playing for grant?
he quit then try to come back and coach wouldnt let him
He quit this year?
during weight lifting and move to owen two weeks ago he in great shape and is cleared to play by the khsaa
I will take Owen Co. because of the home field but I expect a close game.
Be careful with Mr. Gutman. My kids have friends who go to Grant and also played there with Josh and they've told me that he was expelled from Grant two years ago for smoking marijuana in the middle of the hall ways. From a football stand point I've heard he tends to quit to easily. Not sure how well of a player he actually is though because he didn't play last year and the year before he had gotten hurt early in the season and didn't play the rest of that season. I do wish him the best of luck though as well as the Rebels.
Bourbon County
Hopkins bc 45-28
If Gutman is 6' 2" I will buy you a Jeff Ruby steak dinner, try 5' 8" if that and the kid has more issues than a newspaper stand. He won't last the year.
Bourbon wins. Owen has no answer for Mr.Hopkins.
FMSbball Wrote:Bourbon wins. Owen has no answer for Mr.Hopkins.

he is a great runningback but the same thing was said last year and owen won.
I traveled to watch the Hopkins kid probably 3-4 times last year, and I was able to make it down for the game on Friday against Ma. So. hoping to see a battle of running backs. Hopkins himself is super impressive, but he will not put up the same numbers as he did last year in this offense. That being said, this Bourbon County team is far and beyond better than last year's team. I have family in Bourbon County, and it seems to be a popular thought around the town that this is the most athletic team in Bourbon County history.

Its not just Hopkins either, there are 2 back up running backs, (I believe one is a freshman) that are very impressive and very fast, the quarterback position is much better, and not to mention a corner that I know didnt play last year that was maybe the best player on the field.

If this Owen County team is not vastly improved from last year, then this will probably be a romp.

Bourbon 42
Owen 14
rebel 4 life Wrote:he is a great runningback but the same thing was said last year and owen won.

Good point, I was there for this last year, bc I believe it was the first game for Bourbon on the new turf. Owen played a great second half, but Hopkins did have 3 50+ yard rushes called back, and all 3 were touchdowns. Just at first glance this team seems much more disciplined.
what kind of offense bourbon runs
If Bourbon plans on being in the 3A Title discussion they need to win this one going away by 4 TD +
EKUAlum05 Wrote:If Bourbon plans on being in the 3A Title discussion they need to win this one going away by 4 TD +

so what happen if it close or they lose then what happens?
rebel 4 life Wrote:so what happen if it close or they lose then what happens?

Then it means Bourbon has a long way to go to catch up to the upper crust of 3A.

Owen is a good 2A team.. arguably a Top 10 one at that, but I think everyone will agree the Top 5 in 3A this year would probably take care of them going away. With the buzz from people around Bourbon County insisting this is their best team ever and that they will have a good shot at Bowling Green, it would require them being on the level as the Top 5 teams.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Then it means Bourbon has a long way to go to catch up to the upper crust of 3A.

Owen is a good 2A team.. arguably a Top 10 one at that, but I think everyone will agree the Top 5 in 3A this year would probably take care of them going away. With the buzz from people around Bourbon County insisting this is their best team ever and that they will have a good shot at Bowling Green, it would require them being on the level as the Top 5 teams.

ok cause I will argee bourbon has a great team this year
Hopkins - 28
Owen Co. - 21
rest of Bourbon Co.- 7

35-21 final
Last year Owen County win against Bourbon was a fluke.

Owen can't handle Bourbon this year.

Bourbon 35 Owen 0
Owen will see a bigger, faster, stronger, healthier & Inshape Hopkins with a great supporting cast of Holman and Hill along with the rest of the team, Good Luck to both teams...
Going with a thought process on Bourbon County after seeing first 2 games this season.

This year is Bourbon's year to go undefeated in the regular season.

Owen doesn't hang Friday night, home or not.:devilflam
Grid Iron Warrior Wrote:Last year Owen County win against Bourbon was a fluke.

Owen can't handle Bourbon this year.

Bourbon 35 Owen 0

Think Owen Just Wanting It More . Owen Got speed to. bourbon wont keep owen out of the endzone
WOW, sounds like this could be a trackmeet !!!!
bc got pope .hopkins .
Quote:
holman and hills owen got halzett.banks. smith .trammel .day and wash
I think you left out a few for Bourbon or maybe you dont know about them yet !!!
Pages: 1 2