Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Long Beach State’s new beach-themed court design is subtle yet distinctive
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Some of the non-traditional court designs that have popped up recently throughout college basketball turned out too garish for many fans' taste.

Long Beach State's, on the other hand, is distinctive without being overdone.

Since its campus is located three miles from the shoreline and its teams wear "The Beach" on the front of their jerseys, Long Beach State decided to give its basketball court a palm tree-themed makeover. Four palm trees frame the court, each in gold to reflect the look of a Southern California beach.

Long Beach State's revamped floor is further proof that the trend of unusual court designs in college basketball will not disappear anytime soon. Boise State football began the fad with its ubiquitous blue field, but the movement has infiltrated basketball during the past two years....
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-the-...ncaab.html

[Image: Screen-shot-2012-08-025.jpg]
lol, when is this court nonsense going to end?
Yes, it might look halfway decent, but like Boise and Oregon, its just a distraction to fans watching the game.

Im really surprised the NCAA hasnt stopped all of this. Seems to me they would have made it clear that the only symbol allowed on the court should be the teams logo in the center of the court and or the teams league logo in the paint.
I think if it's their court, let them do what they want with it while not breaking current rules. Don't like it though...

lol, the Fighting Beaches!
I actually happen to like the court, and obviously it suits them. lol
all i can think of when i see it is......."Let's get tropical"........lol
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:lol, when is this court nonsense going to end?
Yes, it might look halfway decent, but like Boise and Oregon, its just a distraction to fans watching the game.

Im really surprised the NCAA hasnt stopped all of this. Seems to me they would have made it clear that the only symbol allowed on the court should be the teams logo in the center of the court and or the teams league logo in the paint.

I can honestly say that I've never been distracted by a court while watching a game.
^
I can honestly say i have.
I like it.