Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Roger Clemens: Sugar Land Skeeters Return
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Roger Clemens is 50 years old and has not thrown a baseball for a professional team since 2007, but the latter part of that statement will change this weekend as he is set to start for the Sugar Land Skeeters.

The Skeeters are a minor league team in the Houston area that competes in the Atlantic League.

Clemens’ first start will certainly be a fascinating performance to watch. In February of 2008, Clemens was a 45-year-old retired pitcher testifying before Congress that he had never used steroids. In June of 2012, he was a 49-year-old retired pitcher who was acquitted of all charges of obstruction of justice.

At no point in this saga did the sporting world widely suspect that in August of 2012, Clemens would be a 50-year-old active baseball player. Here is how you can watch the Rocket’s comeback.

Date: Saturday, August 25

Time: 8:05 p.m. ET

Watch: ESPN Classic

Live Stream: ESPN3
Has an Independent League team EVER had a game broadcast by a national network?????
Clemens looked pretty good in his 3 and a 1/3 innings.
I believe he is a cheater and juiced, but I like him. I like his "winning" mentality, even though he juiced, I usually don't like those guys.
Anyone that played in the 80s.......JUICED!

It wasn't illegal.
I know, but that doesn't make it right. Just my perspective on it.
^I understand. I just find it hard to chastise these guys when at the time no one really cared or even tested for it.