Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Harlan County 65 Tates Creek 54
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final from Lexington in a high scoring game.
Congrats Black Bears!
BHS78 Wrote:Final from Lexington in a high scoring game.

Sounds like a basketball game. Congratulations Black Bears!
this looks like a legit basketball score. Harlan County's basketball team averaged 65 points a game and Tates Creek averaged 52 last season
Black Bears get hot from 3 early and dominate the boards to take the early lead, Tates Creek battles back but Harlan County converts their free throws down the stretch to win.

HC's defense decided they'd rather take in a show at Renfroe Valley on their way up...luckily Tates Creek thought it was a good idea to join them.
WOW.NO DEFENSE,congrats to HC on 1st win of the yr..
unbelievable game. So many plays its hard to even describe. A lot of heart showed by both teams. Creek was down 30-6 and stormed back to take the lead. Great game to both teams.
congrats HC., but can you spell DEFENSE
Congratulations to the Black Bears on their victory.

I will never attend another i-High game again.
How many yards and TD's did the Middleton kid have?
I know Mo-west was very good, heck I tried to tell everyone just how good they were. I know how the creek has good athletes out the ying yang also, but man our defense just isn't getting it done right now. We are a rag tag bunch on the defensive side of the ball. We have 8 starters back on that side and should be a lot better. Having said all that, if and I mean if we will work and be coachable and get better throughout the season with our heads on correctly we could get back to the semi's again and if we get that far anything can happen! But and it's a big But, we must keep working to get better!
Mountain Wrote:How many yards and TD's did the Middleton kid have?

A bunch! I think he hit 7 3's and was perfect from the line!
Granny Bear Wrote:Congratulations to the Black Bears on their victory.

I will never attend another i-High game again.
Why not, cause they will not have it next year
Wow! What a basketball game! Glad to see that the Black Bears were able to turn it around from last week a get things going in the right direction with a win!
Good win Bears
This has to be the worst win in A while l. Don't get me wrong glad we won but the worst defense I have seen in years going back to Cawood Evarts Cumberland. We can not give this many points and expect to win.Thought after last year something might have changed but nope. I don't have a problem with missing tackles at least we are in position to make a play but what I watched today was just to uncalled for. Why can't we play the pass defense like everyone else has played it for years. It seems to work that way we have got to change if we ever see ourselves compete for a regional and state title. I'm a big fan of HC but we have got to learn to beat teams bad like we should and quit giving points away. JV should have been in most of the second half but no we look like the care bears on defense out there. It hard for me to believe that we can run by them on offense and look and are the faster team but the same kids look slower then smoke on defense and can't stay with anyone. Something don't add up. OK I'm done now please get this fixed coach Larkey and beat the ???? Out of teams like we should! I am happy for the win though. Go Bears!
Its hard to beat 11 and the refs, but the Black Bears did!!!!! I give Tates Creek a bunch of credit they have a fine team and quality athletes but Harlan County was handing it to them until the flag show began! I'll eat some crow and say I didn't expect it to be this close and would have bet my life TC wouldn't score 54! But if you think the refs weren't biased the you are a hypocritical liar! How grown men can cheat high school kids astounded me! That's the type of person that would steal from his 86 year old blind grandmother!!!

Whew got that off my chest! It was a fun game to watch, Harlan County got a Win against a good team (that will surely win quite a few games), everyone was nice, Bryan Station has a complex that they should be very proud of (except for the scoreboard), and no one was injured!!!! I'm moving on, hallelujuh where's the tylenol.
In no way shape or form was Harlan faster or were the refs biased. My god, every pass thrown the Harlan defense was holding in for dear life against the receivers. They literally could have called a PI on ever pass. And for as much as Harlan dominated the line of scrimmage, they were dominated in athleticism and speed. Was a helluva game and the young Creek squad showed TONS of heart to come back and take the lead late. I take nothing away from anyone As I said exactly how this game would go. 2 teams built to exploit the others weakness. Wait till next year when Creek only loses 3-4 players how this will look. Creek will put up big numbers on everyone they play. Just a young team gaining exPerience
Burnt up! Worn out! And still trying to pick my jaw up off the ground!

too much to talk about!...glad we won!

I have a sneaking suspicion our next game will not be a close one at all!...we got it in us to do more, be more, and go far!

Lets do it!

Congrads to Jake #23 for getting MVP!

and I sure hope "panamaw jack" that was helping with the chains finds another job!...SMH...LOL

Go bears!!!!

[IMG][/IMG]
Daddycat27 Wrote:Why not, cause they will not have it next year

I wasn't aware of that, so "no"...that had nothing to do with it. And the reasons are too complex and convoluted to explain.
Cant believe HC gave up this many points.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Cant believe HC gave up this many points.

Me either!
he ended up with 339 yards and 6 tds
Nice win HC!
Was at the game and Congrats to HC Bears on there win and Congrats to Middleton winning the MVP. 6 TD and I think 335 or so yards. Good looking Team. But TC couldn't stop the Run and HC Can't stop the pass. The middle of the field was wide open. When TC did catch the ball (Which they had some Speed) Hc couldn't catch them or Tackle them. Yes i thought HC was suppose to be good and they are not bad. But you take a team wit speed and HC Keeps having there corner backs turn to the ball and they Blitz all the time. Watch out!! It will be a Long night for them. Once again Congrats to the Black Bears for there win. Good luck the rest of the season!!!
congrats to the black bears of harlan!!
TC showed a lot of heart in the way they played. The did exploit HC with their athleticism and at times we couldn't tackle our grandmothers....but anyone that thinks this was a well officiated game...especially control of the chain crew, just did not watch the same game. HC was certainly guilty of interference many times, one call in particular the interference call in the end zone was absurd. The ball landed 15 yards out of bounds. Then there was the holding call on Maggard with his back to the reciever...SMH. A couple of downfield blocking penalties on HC that were just phantom calls...a blatant block in the back and hold on TC were missed....and just to drive home the point...the chain crew was the absolute worst I have seen in my 47 years of existence on this planet. TC has a fine team with a lot of heart but this game was kept close by.....officiating, or rather I should say poor officiating. Very Poor.
Oh please... I agree, the officiating was bad, but it didn't keep Creek in this game. Hats off to Harlan County, they are a fantastic football team, with tons of talent. I tell my kids all the time, "football isn't about running or throwing the ball, it's about blocking and tackling", and Harlan County proved me right yesterday. Talented kids that can block and tackle... great job HC...
Wow!!! what a score, should have been fun to watch if you like Off. and no Def. Cong: to Tom and Harlan Co.
According to the lex paper, this is the last year of the frenzie.
Pages: 1 2