Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Williamsburg 36 Harlan 0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final. Jackets had this one early.

Interested to hear details.
Freshman Austin Husky came in on a blitz and tagged a good one on Saragas and ended his game. anyone know how he is doing?

This game shows just how good Williamsburg is. It was obvious who the better team was.
i think Harlan was expecting Williamsburg to throw the ball but early in the game the Jefferson Patrick ran it down Harlan's throat.
All there really is to talk about is the Jacket D is for real and yea they ran the ball at will against Harlan. And Cory Shelton had a field day against them recieving its going to be hard to stop Cory and Skylar and also have to worry about Patrick running the ball.
i though this game would be closer. good win williamsburg.
Really surprised at the score. Congrats to Williamsburg.
Nice win, Williamsburg! Congratulations.
I knew Williamsburg was going to be good this year but WOW
What happened to Harlan having better speed and more athletes in skill positions than Williamsburg?
congrats to williamsburg, could they challenge Hazard?
No
I tried to tell you guys.
Honestly, i thought Wburg would actually score more than they did.

Harlans a good team, but no where near Wburgs level.

This region is going to come down to Wburg and Hazard.
Well,I concede. Williamsburg is as advertised. They seem to have many new players that were not there last season and it looked like they had about 50 to 60 players in total. Thier line is big. Maybe the biggest line i've seen on a 1A team. Thier defense is good. If Hazard is to beat them they'll have to get them at thier house. You'll not win at Williamsburg. Our QB saragas took a good shot. Probably the best shot he has taken as QB. Good thing is he'll be back. It might have been a different score had we had him the second half. The sophomore QB Tanner Morris did his best and will be a good QB someday but Williamsburg is a tall order for any young QB. Harlan is going to have to have a new offensive scheme. What we had tonight is not going to get it done.In the second half our defense did a good job and held them to 1 TD. If we had of played defensively in the first half like we did in the second half The score would for sure have been different. Williamsburg simply wanted it more. The Dragons will get another shot at them but if some things don't change the outcome won't either. They just have to come in Monday and go to work and not drop thier heads. Holding Williamsburg to 1 TD in the second half is proof to me that they can get it done. They're just gonna have to want it more than than the Yellowjackets. Congrats to a very good Williamsburg team. The future looks very bright for you.
Backwoods Wrote:Well,I concede. Williamsburg is as advertised. They seem to have many new players that were not there last season and it looked like they had about 50 to 60 players in total. Thier line is big. Maybe the biggest line i've seen on a 1A team. Thier defense is good. If Hazard is to beat them they'll have to get them at thier house. You'll not win at Williamsburg. Our QB saragas took a good shot. Probably the best shot he has taken as QB. Good thing is he'll be back. It might have been a different score had we had him the second half. The sophomore QB Tanner Morris did his best and will be a good QB someday but Williamsburg is a tall order for any young QB. Harlan is going to have to have a new offensive scheme. What we had tonight is not going to get it done.In the second half our defensedid a good job and held them to 1 TD. If we had of played defensively in the first half like we did in the second half The score would for sure have been different. Williamsburg simply wanted it more. The Dragons will get another shot at them but if some things don't change the outcome won't either. They just have to come in Monday and go to work and not drop thier heads. Holding Williamsburg to 1 TD in the second half is proof to me that they can get it done. They're just gonna have to want it more than than the Yellowjackets. Congrats to a very good Williamsburg team. The future looks very bright for you.

I think to say that Harlan needs a new offensive scheme is a stretch. When Saragas was healthy (1st Drive) Harlan drove the ball down inside the 5 yard line and then turned it over on a busted play. Later in the half Harlan was driving the ball and coughed it up on a fumble. The defense on the other hand was horrible in the first half. Players were in the right position (with the exception of a couple of plays) but they were not making tackles, or going for the ball.

Physically Harlan just got whipped up front. From the Husky kid taking the clear shot on Ty, to countless other examples of kids getting beat on blocks, Harlan was the less physical team on the field. Williamsburg had some big linemen, but Harlan had just as big of skill players. While Williamsburg was hitting Harlan in the mouth, the hardest hit I saw a Harlan player give was on a Williamsburg cheerleader.

Harlan has a good team. They have a lot of potential. The coaching wasn't the key to this loss. The kids were in position, but they weren't tackling, going after jump balls, and were getting whipped up front (on both sides of the ball).

If Ty can get healthy I see Harlan still having an 8-9 win season. Without him, things could be ugly as he is what allows Harlan to be balanced. No knock on the other kid, he's young and looked to have some potential, but he's not as football smart as Ty nor does he have the same arm.
Backwoods Wrote:Well,I concede. Williamsburg is as advertised. They seem to have many new players that were not there last season and it looked like they had about 50 to 60 players in total. Thier line is big. Maybe the biggest line i've seen on a 1A team. Thier defense is good. If Hazard is to beat them they'll have to get them at thier house. You'll not win at Williamsburg. Our QB saragas took a good shot. Probably the best shot he has taken as QB. Good thing is he'll be back. It might have been a different score had we had him the second half. The sophomore QB Tanner Morris did his best and will be a good QB someday but Williamsburg is a tall order for any young QB. Harlan is going to have to have a new offensive scheme. What we had tonight is not going to get it done.In the second half our defense did a good job and held them to 1 TD. If we had of played defensively in the first half like we did in the second half The score would for sure have been different. Williamsburg simply wanted it more. The Dragons will get another shot at them but if some things don't change the outcome won't either. They just have to come in Monday and go to work and not drop thier heads. Holding Williamsburg to 1 TD in the second half is proof to me that they can get it done. They're just gonna have to want it more than than the Yellowjackets. Congrats to a very good Williamsburg team. The future looks very bright for you.

To say that the score would have been different, had Saragas had played the second half is a little far fetched. If my memory is correct the score was Williamsburg 30 and Harlan 0 at the half. If the score reflects on whether or not Sargas played, it would have been different in the first half. The reason the D looked so good during the second half, is because Williamsburg ran the ball and threw relatively short passes throughout the out the second half. More or less... it looked to me, as if Williamsburg called off the dogs and initiated their cruise control formation. If the comment- "you will not beat Williamsburg at home"; is a reference to the officiating...that too is far fetched. Despite the calls, (which I might add) appeared very fair. A 30-0 deficit at half time can't be blamed on the officiating any way that you choose to look at it. This game boiled down to who had the better athletes, along with which team had the better defense, as I stated in previous prediction forums.:popcorn:
Just a few observations:

First off, I hope the Saragas kid is OK. Husky's hit was clean but as hard as I've ever seen Husky hit anybody.

Second, as for Apache's comment that the hardest hit that Harlan had was on a Williamsburg cheerleader... she didn't see the hit coming and she got knocked into another cheerleader who happened to be her sister! Both are OK. They performed in the band routine at halftime and cheered the second half. W'burg girls are tough! It reminds me of the movie 300 when Leonidas tells Xerxes, "Clearly you don't know our women."

Third... IMHO, the MVPs of the game were Williamsburg's O-line and D-line. They controlled the line of scrimmage, opened holes for Patrick and Lowrey and gave Sizemore time to find open receivers downfield. They dominated on defense too. Mounting not one but TWO goal line stances was pretty impressive.

Fourth... if you think the Jackets are loaded NOW, consider this... starting QB Sizemore is a junior. Skylar Griffith, Patrick, Lowery, Shelton, Rose-Creekmore and two starting linemen (Chris Helton and Ryan Caddell) are SOPHOMORES. Huskey and Andrew Griffith are FRESHMEN. Half of our special teams players are freshmen and sophomores too.
^
You bring up a good point
A lot of people dont understand that this team is still a young team and many thought next year would be there year to get to Bowling Green, but IMO, it could come down to Wburg and Hazard this year, and either could possibly be your state champion.
throw all the stats you want out there, it came down to the O-Line and D-line for Williamsburg. It does not matter if you have an all state QB, if he doesn't have enough time to throw the ball it don't matter. Williamsburg looked state worthy tonight. However they have to avoid injuries if they want to make it to the dance.
I'm glade that the last couple post cover up what the haters from Harlan had to say. Its pretty simple Williamsburg is better at every position hands down. The worst thing for other teams is I don't think they played there best game seeing that a couple of their best players didn't get to touch the ball on offense. Also Like RUNITUPTHEGUT said its been along time waiting these kids are very good and very young the future is very bright for this team. Harlan might have 10+ seniors but they don't match up to Williamburg sophomores!
The knock on this group from Harlan has always been that they are not physical enough, and that came through very and clear last night, that the Jackets were the team ready for a street fight, and when they hit the Dragons in the mouth, the Green team didn't give much of a fight back. It's still early in the season but, the coaching staff for Harlan have got to get this group to realize that when you go up against teams that are at the top of the pile in whatever class, they will fight you to the death to keep their spot. And to me that's the part that this group needs to figure out, do you really want to be there or just talk about it.
This game was over before the QB from Harlan got hurt. I really thought Harlan could win this game.
I thought Williamsburg looked good tonight, but it may be very premature to start talking about a state title contender. Harlan is a good team, but they do not have the athletes Williamsburg has. Williamsburg biggest mismatch though was on the offensive and defensive line. Harlan had one drive for about 40 yards on the first drive, and that was about it for them. Williamsburg fans beware of the playoffs. Harlan blasted us at Harlan last year before we beat them in the playoffs. Harlan is definetly a team that can get turned around by playoff time.
Williamsburg will be a title contender soon but I think Hazard will still be the team this year. Williamsburg will be the team next two years.
Surprising Harlan could not even get into the endzone,not surprising that Burg was the victor. Sounded like this game was over early.
Backwoods Wrote:Well,I concede. Williamsburg is as advertised. They seem to have many new players that were not there last season and it looked like they had about 50 to 60 players in total. Thier line is big. Maybe the biggest line i've seen on a 1A team. Thier defense is good. If Hazard is to beat them they'll have to get them at thier house. You'll not win at Williamsburg. Our QB saragas took a good shot. Probably the best shot he has taken as QB. Good thing is he'll be back. It might have been a different score had we had him the second half. The sophomore QB Tanner Morris did his best and will be a good QB someday but Williamsburg is a tall order for any young QB. Harlan is going to have to have a new offensive scheme. What we had tonight is not going to get it done.In the second half our defense did a good job and held them to 1 TD. If we had of played defensively in the first half like we did in the second half The score would for sure have been different. Williamsburg simply wanted it more. The Dragons will get another shot at them but if some things don't change the outcome won't either. They just have to come in Monday and go to work and not drop thier heads. Holding Williamsburg to 1 TD in the second half is proof to me that they can get it done. They're just gonna have to want it more than than the Yellowjackets. Congrats to a very good Williamsburg team. The future looks very bright for you.
Hope Saragas bounces back soon. One fine Qb.
you better have wheels to beat Hazard, their very fast and played a very good clintwood team last night.
ballboy Wrote:you better have wheels to beat Hazard, their very fast and played a very good clintwood team last night.

I agree
Hope Ty is okay good kid and dang good QB
Not shocked by the winning team, but the spread is VERY surprising. Williamsburg must be for real defensively!
Running back 1976 Wrote:Hope Ty is okay good kid and dang good QB

Me too!!! He took a heck of a shot late in the 2nd quarter. We applaud good defensive plays but you never want to see anybody get hurt.
The score could have been worse than it was but why keep throwing touchdowns when you can run the ball at will and burn some clock. I really dont see that Harlan held them to 1 touchdown in the second half what I saw was williamsburg burning the clock and making defensive stops. And I hope the QB for Harlan recovers from the hit and it was a clean hit by a unblocked defensive end due to the fact they where having to double team the helton kid because he was to much for one man to handle
Pages: 1 2