Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Jackson City
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can anyone give me some info on Jackson City? I always try to follow some of the smaller schools during basketball season. Do they normally have a good following of fans? How long has their coach been there? Any information will be great!:rockon:
Coach name is Karmit back, I believe he is going on his 4th year as head coach. They do have pretty good following usually gym is pretty full. Any other kind of info u need I can try to help u with. They have 5 or 6 seniors this year, thy returned 3 starters from last year. Two will b seniors and the other one will b a freshman this year which is their point guard who started as a eight grader last year.
What is their history like? Do they typically hold their own in the 14th? I remember reading a few years ago they made it to the finals of the 14th.
OhHereWeGo Wrote:What is their history like? Do they typically hold their own in the 14th? I remember reading a few years ago they made it to the finals of the 14th.

I think that was the exception rather than the rule. Jackson City is a small independent school system and normally they aren't a powerhouse in basketball. They did have a really good team a few years ago and they played Hazard in the 14th region finals. As I remember it was a really good game but JC came up a little short. I do remember them having really good fans and a lot of school spirit.
Jackson City will always have fan support. i went to school their during the time of us going to the finals, i have been to a few games over the last couple of years and jackson still has a good fan base. on the court the last couple of years has been a little rough though. the point guard who is a freshman this year is really good, and their team should be really fast. they games that i have watch Jackson slows the ball down a lot and i believe they should be more of a run and gun team. if they were to change their game type they might have more of a chance winning these close games they have played the past couple of years.

So to recap. Jackson has good fan support, but needs to change the style of basketball they play. if they do that you will see a lot more wins for the Tigers.
Do they normally have a turnover of coaches? Didn't realize Back has only been there 4 years.
They play pretty awesome in that little gym of their's
How often have they gone to the regional tournament?
They havent went in the last couple of years but they did in 05, 06, and 08. They past four of years they have been down. but they have a chance this year. all they have to do is get past wolfe county who doesnt have their star anymore.
I was told that Jackson City only has like 90 students in the high school. Is this true?
Blue-N-Gold Wrote:I was told that Jackson City only has like 90 students in the high school. Is this true?

http://khsaa.org/httpdocs/reports/enroll...yalpha.pdf
rawlingsfan Wrote:http://khsaa.org/httpdocs/reports/enroll...yalpha.pdf

KHSAA has them with 105 high school students. I remember reading about them and Breathitt having an issue with students a few years ago. I think Breathitt ended up getting the students that lived in the county back.
OhHereWeGo Wrote:KHSAA has them with 105 high school students. I remember reading about them and Breathitt having an issue with students a few years ago. I think Breathitt ended up getting the students that lived in the county back.

There are something like 400 students in the K-12 part of the school. Only X amount of students can be from the county school district. I forgot the exact number, but it used to be above 200 students.
How is their rivalry vs. Breathitt? Is it an intense one or does the county typically pull off a win?
I think Breathitt has won every single game against Jackson City. Closest Jackson came to winning was the 2007/08 game in the district finals, which was a 43-42 victory for Breathitt.
^ Yeah i was there that game, and I believe Jackson would've won that game if they had some money to through at the refs. it was a awful called game. but yeah oher then that year Breathitt has killed them. Jackson doesnt have many rivals anymore for basketball, mainly because they can't win a game. when i was in school i recall being rivals with Breathitt, Wolfe, Buckhorn, Lee, and Cordia. but also that was when they were winning games. and Lee, and Cordia were getting into the 14th toury as well.
Didn't realize that. So Jackson City has never won a game against their county rivals.
Jackson City comes into this season with a Senior loaded team. The team has played very tough schedules and has been building to this season before them. Right now those same Seniors are playing for the soccer team and are 7-0 on the season with a ALL-A Regional Championship. I don't know how well that success will carry over to basketball but maybe just maybe they can pull off an upset or two. They definitely will be in peak physical condition. So the idea of a run and gun team maybe an option. There are some players who have a pretty good outside game and some drive ability. From the looks of them in summer ball they could just be a sleeper team. Coach Back has been with this group of boys since they were in 4 grade. The chemistry is there so we shall see.
As far as the rivalry between JCS and BHS.... well JCS did get a big win last year during season play in baseball over BHS.
jackson city will be a good team if they can run and gun
Againstme! Wrote:jackson city will be a good team if they can run and gun

Considering they are a small school, I'd say their offense is dictated by who they have playing. How is their middle school program? Any consistency from elementary to high school in terms of how the entire program is run?
Their middle school program is pretty good they finished 33-8 last year. They were runner-up in 14th regional tournment and won their conference tournment and regular season champions. They play really well in state tournment for middle school held at kba was beat out by a very good Dorton team in a very close game that came down to the last 30 seconds. They should also be very good this year in middle school, they could have killed county middle school team last year if they would have played them as well as this year but county will not play them. They should be pretty good in year or two if all the kids stay and dont switch to Breathitt. They r not senior loaded they will b playing a few freshmen with a few seniors and a junior. The freshman point guard will have to grow up in a hurry and score quite a bit for them i believe.
Im sorry 421Rock but just because they are having a good year in soccer dosnt mean they will have a good year in basketball. If thats the case, then hows their chess team doing? Hopefully good so they can have some quick hands for defense. Your reasoning is off on that one. Anyways, JCS may have decent season, but they are 3 to 4 years away from being able to make a run at region.