Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Best Five Pitchers in 14th Region?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who is the best five pitchers in the 14th Region?
1. Hamilton, Breathitt Co. (would win 10-12 games a year on a team that gave him offensive/defensive support)
2. Whitaker, Hazard
3. Short, Letcher Co.
4. Hatmaker, Powell Co.
5. Hall, Letcher Co.

Tuttle, Estill Co.
Sandlin, Leslie Co.
Johnson, Hazard
Cornett, KCC
Riley, Lee Co.
7th and 8th grader from Hazard???
1.Hamilton-Breathitt
2.Whitaker-Hazard
3.Mullins-Powell
4.Johnson-Hazard
5.Hatmaker-Powell
Hamilton (hands down the best in region)
Whitaker/Johnson (either one is dangerous)
Mullins (South Paw only junior kid with a future)
Hatmaker/Marcum (two kids that don't give up much)
Short/Hall (location, but no top speed)

Two kids that will be special for years to come

Griffin and Conley.
I don't think you're giving Short and Hall enough credit just because you don't like their velocity. Look at their carrer records and teams that they have beat in comparsion to your top pitchers. Short was 14th region MVP in 2011, 20 plus wins for his career. Other than Hatmaker he is only 1 to pitch in state tournament. Hall was 12-2 this year with .86 era with wins against Corbin ( whose pitcher he beat has signed with EKU), Central, Va., Scott High (3 hit shutout), 15-5 career and will be a junior. I have saw Hall long tossing on LCC's football field several evenings so maybe his velocity will improve.
No disrepect to Short or Hall, They are great pitchers that is the reason for them being on the list, they have some of the best location of any of the pitchers, I was just saying that they don't have the top speed like whitaker, johnson or mullins. I am sorry for not being clear.
Whitaker,Johnson,Conley,and Wells from Hazard and most teams usually have just one or two they rely heavily on.Hall and Short from Letcher are great location pitchers.Hamilton has some nasty stuff when he's on.Mullins kid has decent speed and have heard he's got better with his location.Hatmaker will do his thing and be right in the mix with top pitchers.I'm anxious to see the upcoming freshmen and what they may bring to the table this year for their respective teams.Hazard has a alot of decent young arms coming up.
dkrude Wrote:No disrepect to Short or Hall, They are great pitchers that is the reason for them being on the list, they have some of the best location of any of the pitchers, I was just saying that they don't have the top speed like whitaker, johnson or mullins. I am sorry for not being clear.

Maybe the title of the thread should have been "top 5 players in the 14th region with the highest velocity on the JUGS gun" then, instead of best 5 pitchers. Pitching is just as much about changing speeds, hitting spots, keeping your pitch count down so you can go deep into games for your TEAM, as it is velocity.
Denniston from Wolfe county pitched good in the district vs breathitt
you can guarantee no other pitcher is as dedicated to the game as Hall...great kid too
Osborne & Sandlin for LC
1. Hamilton-needs better control and alot of work on the offspeed stuff. Has the most upside.
2. Sandlin-Leslie-Very under-rated. Good velocity with late action and good breaking ball.
3. Whitaker-Hazard-Good velo but straight. Very good offspeed stuff
4. Hazard Lefty-Knows how to pitch. alot of movement and really good offspeed stuff.
5. Johnson-Hazard-Throws hard but straight. Needs to use the offspeed stuff more to get people off the fastball. Great competitor.
1) Jacob tuttle

2) Max hall

3) billy hatmaker

4) whitiker

5)corey thomas