Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ok has anyone noticed???????????
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
the FRIGGIN GAS PRICES???????????????????????????????????:devilflam:redboxer:

I mean this is ridiculous... gas prices should be goin down, not back up!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ah its a holiday weekend. Hopefully it will drop back down. It seems like I don't leave my house without visiting a gas station now.
uhh yeah it's almost not worth it to buy gas to drive farther away for a better paying job so that I can pay for my gas to get back to friggin work....LOL
Gas today was $2.79 a gallon at the Prestonsburg's Speedway. I also heard before the end of the month gas would be above $3.00 a gallon ! That just outragious !
It's a sad situation, and a select few are making millions off of us because we have no choice but to buy their gas...
alfus21 Wrote:It's a sad situation, and a select few are making millions off of us because we have no choice but to buy their gas...

Very true statement !
My Mother lives in California, and I think I heard that it went up into the 3 dollar range recently..
Mrs.BurntTires Wrote:My Mother lives in California, and I think I heard that it went up into the 3 dollar range recently..

The reason that gas is so high in California, is that the citizens voted that certain additives have to be added to the gas to prevent pollution. These additives help drive the price of gas up there...
These may not be the "official" reasons that gas prices are going up, but this is why I think that the futures have gone up, driving the price of gas up,according to articles I have read, and interviews that I have seen:

1. The President of Iran, has stated that if the UN ( Read US ) imposes sanctions on them for enriching Uranium for "Peaceful" means, then he will halt all oil produciton in His country. Today, the President of Iran announced to the world that they have indeed successfully have enriched Uranium to be used for fuel for "Peacefull" means.
2. The production of oil in Iraq has reached It's lowest levels since pre-war levels.
3. The President of Venezuela stated in an interview last month, that he was considering cutting production of oil in his country until the US gave him assurances that they were not going to invade His country. ( This goes back to the Latino "Machismo" thing where He is going to show the rest of Latin America that he can bring the US down when ever He wants to) We get quite a bit of oil from Venezuela.
All of this has the "future traders" worried that they are not going to be making lots of money over a long period of time, so they have to make what money they can in the short term.
Side Note: When gas was $3.00 a gallon, Exxon oil was making a "BILLION" dollars of profit every day.
If ALL americans would boycott buying gas for one day a message could be sent....just a thought.
Gas prices are ridiculous, I put $50 in my vehicle and still didn't fill it up
Last week gas in the Belfry area was 2.75 for regular..In Pikeville this past weekend (Walmart) gas prices were $2.54 for regular a whopping .21 cents per gallon difference. :devilflam :redboxer: Even in the Hazard area gas was in the $2.50 range.

I, too, put $50 in my car and it didn't even kick the pump off...was afraid to keep going..:yikes:
Gas prices are predicted to be in the $3.00 range all summer long. Prices have gone up so much recently because crude oil has risen and is getting closer to $70 a barrel. There have been no new refineries built in this country for decades and many have been closed, leaving each remaining one to operate at 100% capacity. The least fear or small shutdown causes the prices to escalate.
I can't even think about gas prices without getting annoyed!!!
NBC news last night did a story on it and they said that gas prices could reach as much as $4.00 a gallon if there is any kind of crisis in the middle east by summers end. Also due to the fact that alot of the oil rigs in the gulfcoast are still unoperational due to the Hurricanes from last summer.....

It's a bad situation....that might get a whole lot worse
< going to get a horse..LOL But really has anyone checked into the whole ""Live Green, Go Yellow" campaign.. wonder how it works.. guess i'll have to check it out.
And Bush invaded Iraq for oilRolleyes
If the environmentalists and tree huggers would let us drill for oil off shore in the US we would have enough oil to support ourselves. Plust the fact they won't allow a new refinery to be built anywhere. GW isn't the reason for high gas prices. Try the other side.
Heard today gas was over 3.00 gallon in Beckly, WV .....And a guy asked me today at the Belfry speedway did I know anybody that wanted to trade a car for two mules. I told him the price of corn would go up then.

BallaBaby

BurntTires Wrote:Heard today gas was over 3.00 gallon in Beckly, WV .....And a guy asked me today at the Belfry speedway did I know anybody that wanted to trade a car for two mules. I told him the price of corn would go up then.

LOL, I liked that..
It is ridiculous... but like somebody told me the other day... "they voted him in... and we're paying the price"
BurntTires Wrote:Heard today gas was over 3.00 gallon in Beckly, WV .....And a guy asked me today at the Belfry speedway did I know anybody that wanted to trade a car for two mules. I told him the price of corn would go up then.
Smile Smile Smile
15thRegionCrazy Wrote:It is ridiculous... but like somebody told me the other day... "they voted him in... and we're paying the price"

Clinton couldn't have stopped the hurricanes. They weren't drilling for oil here when he was in office. You can't blame the price of gas right now on who is in office. The war in Iraq isn't why gas is $3.00 a gallon. The president is a scapegoat for the ignorant.
Gas prices are ridiculous and are only going to get worse....
venom93 Wrote:Clinton couldn't have stopped the hurricanes. They weren't drilling for oil here when he was in office. You can't blame the price of gas right now on who is in office. The war in Iraq isn't why gas is $3.00 a gallon. The president is a scapegoat for the ignorant.

Bush's policy has played a role in the problem.

Rolleyes
I just filled my car up at 2.70 somehting a gallon and it cost me $21.00 I don't think that's 21 was that bad but it could be a little cheaper...espically since most people pay 30 or more for a fill-up.
i paid 63 dollars for a fill up at 2.49 a gallon
DTfan Wrote:I just filled my car up at 2.70 somehting a gallon and it cost me $21.00 I don't think that's 21 was that bad but it could be a little cheaper...espically since most people pay 30 or more for a fill-up.
Damn...lucky girl!! I'm filling up tomorrow to head home....feeling something in the high 60s maybe 70s!!!:Cheerlead
15thRegionCrazy Wrote:It is ridiculous... but like somebody told me the other day... "they voted him in... and we're paying the price"

I wasn't sure what he meant by this post. I can only think of ignorant possibilities. I hope I'm wrong
BFritz Wrote:I wasn't sure what he meant by this post. I can only think of ignorant possibilities. I hope I'm wrong

First I'm not a guy... and are you saying i'm ignorant?
Pages: 1 2 3