Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Phelps vs. Pike Central (Pike County Bowl 8/24/12)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Phelps and Pike Central meet for the 3rd consecutive year in the Pike County Bowl on Friday, August 24th, 2012 at CAM Stadium @ Belfry.

Pike Central has won the previous 2 games big, but will that change this season?

Pike Central kicked off their season last Friday night hosting Greenup County and winning a very close game 35-27.

Phelps is kicking off their 2012 campaign today (8/18/12) hosting Jenkins.

Hawks vs. Hornets....Make your picks.
Pike Central will find their stride on the offensive side of the ball and their defense won't take plays off in a rout Pike Central walks away a 60-12 winner. While improving on both sides of the ball.
Pike Central-48
Phelps-12
Pike Central 62-0.
pc by alot!
Pike Central should take this one by a wide margin.
My prediction is 46-12.
Pcc big!
PC by as much as they want.
Reason #576 why I can't stand the way the Pike County Bowl is any more. I am going to be harsh in this post, but just know I say it with love and hope to see Phelps re-build their program.

I think everyone in KY knows how this will pan out. PC will be able to name the score and will probably be able to win by 50+ points. Their starters will score with little resistance, the game will be over at Halftime, and physically PC will dominate increasing the chance of injury to Phelps players.

This is a no-win for both teams.

Phelps as a program is just trying to tread water and improve to the point they are competitive. I am all for challenging yourself with the teams you schedule, but at the same time you never play a team you have no chance against. Instead all this will do is dampen their confidence, have a higher risk of injury, and potentially harm morale.

Pike Central's starters really don't get much more than a glorified practice against the scout team for one half, and even the experience for the JV is minimal because they will be running such a limited set of playcalls (I hope so at least with Chapman) to avoid running up the score.

Pike Central is a program trying to rise and I think everyone can agree one of their biggest hindrances the past few years has not only been finding quality competition to make them improve, but just filling out the schedule in general. In order for them to play a full 10 games they had to schedule Pburg twice.

It is much easier to find someone to schedule in Week 1 then it is in Week 7 when everyone is deep into district play. Yet, now Pike Central is stuck in Week 1 playing a team who probably wishes they could have scheduled a team like Betsy Layne or Lynn Camp so that they could have gotten more out of it.
I have always hated that Pike Central plays Phelps every season in the Pike County Bowl match up. I wish Pike Central would play Pikeville because in my opinion it would be a very good game and over the past couple of years I believe that Pike Central would have won. It would be a good game for this area to get to see year in and year out.
Pike Central 55

Phelps 14